RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement for BOTM idea. ?

I do not want change what has been changed but I do miss the pics of members builds. In an effort to completely sterilize the infected build of the month thread, would it be possible to create a thread that anyone can put up a couple pics of their finished build, along with a short description, and the link to the actual build or thread involving the actual construction.
Basically a thread to scan over what all of us have completed, no voting, no discussion just a few pics and a link to where to find it. Something simple that an idiot like myself can glance at and see what good, bad, awesome, ugly, whatever, any of us as a whole have accomplished. I guess like a simple snapshot of our forum.
Again I do not want to make more work, problems, ect for anyone , moderators or members. Just a thought as I did benifit from seeing what others have done from that thread. A lot of times I just hit the new posts to see what is posted, missing a lot of cool builds going on from lack of time to check on all.

If a bad idea please just delete as I don't know what work it takes and I imagine a lot of replies would have to be deleted to keep that idea simple and uncorruptable/sterile.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Replacement for BOTM idea. ?

a completed photo post of your build. specs and brief
description of the build.. no comments allowed
Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

that's what highway trucks and trailers area is for

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
a completed photo post of your build. specs and brief
description of the build.. no comments allowed
Exactly, finished photos, brief description, no comments from members just the posters description and link to build if they have one, perpetual thread, you got my idea bigford.

Spudd, I guess bad idea, ok, will go back out to garage .
Old 11-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

sick minds think alike
Old 11-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Ok coop you guys come up with the tile of the thread and the rules and we will put it to a vote, sound fair.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Photo Album: For inspiration
Old 11-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

What's this if not what your looking for? If anything move it to the BOTM location. Just my 2cents

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...splay.php?f=79
Old 11-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I just miss the build of the month. The fact that anyone would get bent about not winning such a pointless "contest" seems awfully childish to me. I just enjoyed seeing what people nominated each month regardless of who "won".
Old 11-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Kent is right , the show me sticky pretty much covers what Coop is looking for.

Maybe we need to look at things in plural and not singular?

How does " Builds of the month" sound? No voting just nominations for a job well done.?

Or , if we say build of the month....we mean THIS month. For instance, I would nominate Cooper for recognition of his tire work as build of the month work. Someone else may not be interested in homemade tires but want to nominate Reg for his Fat n Flat build. Then some one likes a trailer build and nominates that. What we end up with is a thread that covers multiple aspects of everyone's work all in one spot. No winners, no losers and for all to see???

Crazy talk ?
Old 11-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
What's this if not what your looking for? If anything move it to the BOTM location. Just my 2cents

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...splay.php?f=79
I guess my referencing to myself as "idiot" was pretty close!! I guess I never saw this part of the forum, a lot of builds that people do and haven't posted in this thread. Like I said I usually just hit new posts. Well if anything maybe this will redirect anyone that was missing the build of the month like I was. Thanks and I hope I haven't stirred anything up. Not my intentions, just missed this and hope others will direct their builds to this. I forget where I was looking, on another German or something site, (couldn't read any of it) but they had a thread with just pics of whatever anyone did recently, it wasn't specific just post a pic, kind of like latest project done,, what's next,,

Again thanks and delet if need be.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Good lick guys I miss it too for me it was inspirational . Most of you know my like for trains but this site made model better and some of it was the _____ . Thanks Mike
Old 11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Kent is right , the show me sticky pretty much covers what Coop is looking for.

Maybe we need to look at things in plural and not singular?

How does " Builds of the month" sound? No voting just nominations for a job well done.?

Or , if we say build of the month....we mean THIS month. For instance, I would nominate Cooper for recognition of his tire work as build of the month work. Someone else may not be interested in homemade tires but want to nominate Reg for his Fat n Flat build. Then some one likes a trailer build and nominates that. What we end up with is a thread that covers multiple aspects of everyone's work all in one spot. No winners, no losers and for all to see???

Crazy talk ?
Lol, maybe that's my problem Mario, I spent all my money on making those tires and now I'm too broke to pay attention!!! (of where to look)!!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Good plan Mario! That's all I really want to see. Don't care about winning or losing as it's not a race. Just would like to see some builds, new or old brought to our attention in one spot that starts over every month. We all have places to post things but a lot of time so many different things are being posted that a wicked build that was posted a week ago or whatever is lost in the shuffle. I'm not talking about trying to draw more attention to my builds here either. There have been lots of times during the BOTM run that I had totally missed builds until they were nominated. I then would search it out and read the whole build thread seeing all the work that was put in and learning new things or techniques.... I don't miss the voting, I just miss the nominating and admiring.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

What do you want to rename the section maybe (Intresting builds of the month).

No voting
no winner
No coments
Just build pics and links to the thread to be put up buy the person posting and if you don't know how ask a friend for help

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Of course everyone runs and hides when it's time to make a decision!

I think what your suggesting Travis will work. Name sounds right unless someone else has a suggestion......hmmm how about What's up this month? WUTM.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Replacement for BOTM idea. ?

Wait a moment i'm thinking.....
Old 11-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I guess I should stand up because I was the one to start this. After realizing I was one of those people who doesn't look I was guided to something I was looking for. The show us your---- section of the forum. I guess I never took notice as not much traffic there compared to the old BOTM thread.

I was thinking of something like this, an ongoing thread, just finished projects, (trucks, cranes, trailers, tractors, excavators, rock crushers, just everything we as a group have built. A couple pictures, small description and if you want a link to the page or build thread if there is one. No conversation, no comments. To be posted by owner or just interested party.

But to be honest we already have that in the show us section. Just not many have kept up to date, including myself. Again to go back to what I said after being directed to what I was looking for I don't want to make more work for any mods, not my intentions. As my questions have been answered I do see what ya all are talking about with a new modified build of the month. No voting just nominations. That's a pretty simple way to insure no conflicts could develope. Again I know I started this but my questions have been answered so if you guys decide for something like you described that would be cool with me.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Of course everyone runs and hides when it's time to make a decision!
WUTM.
Just me hiding behind a couple tires
Old 11-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Replacement for BOTM idea. ?

Still thinking...........ugh...so slow.........aaaagot it < In The Works > yes?no, maby