RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Default Interest in New Trucks??

I’m thinking of approaching Tamiya in an effort to request that they consider manufacturing the Diamond Reo as seen on an Acura commercial recently viewed by several of our members. Immediate interest in purchasing the product abounded. You can imagine our disappointment when we were informed that the entire truck was CGI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OrpzHm6EQ

Furthermore, I am considering making a request to both International® to give license to Tamiya to produce a 1/14 radio control tractor-truck kit of the International® LoneStar® Harley-Davidson™ Special Edition and a request to Tamiya to consider actually mass producing the kit for collectors and hobby enthusiasts alike.

http://www.internationaltrucks.com/p...00e5c9a8c0RCRD

Would anyone be opposed to me making such a request? If anyone is interested, I would like to know so that I could honestly state that there is a certain amount of interest in each truck. I believe that with the correspondence from the Acura commercial, we as a club would appreciate a couple of ‘new’ trucks available to build and critique.

Thank you, RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interest in New Trucks??

I know I can't speak for everyone but I think that the lone star is hideous. I'd rather see another classic like an actual Pete or a new paystar international. I can say 100% not the lone star.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 02-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road

I would be very interested in any new American trucks.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

I'm partial to the 4900 Western Star's.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

yes yes to the ihc lonestar
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Green Horn

mack kid is on a distinguished road

I agree with smokin joe any new americam model will be nice.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Interest in New Trucks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack kid View Post
I agree with smokin joe any new americam model will be nice.
I agree, any American made tractor. I'm more inclined to lean tword something more iconic ie. Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack etc.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i think the lonestar is ugly too i wouldn't buy it but definetly the western star or an r model mack would be something i would buy along with anything pete or kw
Old 02-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Journeyman

I know that a lot of the old school drivers, like myself, would appreciate the Diamond Reo, but in the efforts to build interest in our hobby and possibly excite some of the public that would only be influenced by a name like Harley-Davidson. I am also attempting to reach beyond our own personal preferences of truck(s) and expand our impact in the world.
The request for a WesternStar is a good idea and I’m more than willing to follow-up on that as well, if International will give licensing permission to Tamiya. I’d also like to consider Marmon and possibly AutoCar. I know that a lot of us reminisce over these classic trucks for the “end of the road”.
Please give more feedback, the more the better. It will give my request weight if we have a substantial number of members demanding new models of trucks to be made available to the public.
Thank you, RCT

Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
I know I can't speak for everyone but I think that the lone star is hideous. I'd rather see another classic like an actual Pete or a new paystar international. I can say 100% not the lone star.

--Dan
HEY Now : toe tap : in stock form , yea ,I could careless. But,with a few mods , it'll look right at home in my fleet A paystar is a walk in the park to scratch build ,but then I have the base cab to model off They used that cab style up to 2000 or so for many truck models . I don't care for the fraightshaker looking newer style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

The R model Mack cab would give alot of model option's, meaning U, DM, DMMEX, RD, Superliner, RM, Flintstone, etc...... Probably more than other brand's? Just need 2 mounting position's for the cab, left, or centered. No I won't ask for a C series cab, even though, I own a CL713.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

the r model would open up for the rubber ducks truck in convoy as well as anything in the construction field mack has always been the force in the construction industry at one time ago
Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

well the "R" modle cab was used from the 60's up till they came out with the granite . So a lot of options on that 1

Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Mack = American Trucking Icon
Old 02-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Any American truck would be great, but the one thing I wonder about is this. Why aren't there any other offically licensed Tamiya North American replicas, besides the Ford Aeromax? Why are all the European models exact licensed replicas? Are the American companies just that hard to deal with? Or do they simply demand above and beyond premimums for the license? Yet we have plenty of diecast, and plastic models, of Peterbilts, Kenworths, Macks, ect. Does Tamiya think they'd be poor sellers? Is their market mostly European? I just find it odd. There could have been a nice Freightliner, but instead it was the Knight Hauler. Meanwhile, Wedico has the license for Peterbilts and Freightliners. I don't get it. I would have to guess Tamiya just doesn't think there is a market for these American models.

Something makes me think that Harley Davidson would want the most money for a licensed model, above all others. No?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

i think they base it on their own market.my wife collects ball jointed dolls from japan/korea and for some reason they all mostly look like orientals but yet it seems their biggest market is u.s. and canada .look at the tamiya trailers we have not had 40ft trailers on the road for so many years now except for containers.they have not updated the trailers to reflect todays standards like 48ft or 53ft so i think it is their market that dictates what they should do
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I think with the trailers, Tamiya sticks to the short ones because most normal, or casual RC guys, who buy these kits, don't have the room to store such a long trailer, nor room to drive it around in the house. Plus it's easier to package. Think how much longer a 53 foot trailer is. That's a whole lot more material to include in the kit, and a whole lot more packaging, times a couple thousand trailers in a production run. It was probably done to make the trucks easier to put on the shelf, more then anything.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Journeyman

I am more than willing to put the time and effort into promoting the idea that Tamiya produce more American themed tractor-trucks. I may even suggest that we get prepackaged Americanized trailers for our hobby produced as well.

If we can stand together and unite behind the idea that we want to draw more members into the hobby, as well as expand our own collections, I believe that I can do a reasonable job of representing our club on a corporate level. Tamiya, Wedico, International, Pac-Car, and other large business may listen to us if we can show that we have the numbers and the financial backing to influence the hobby that we so cherish and in effect bring positive change into an industry that has been ignored.

It is my hope that with just one or two trucks, we can open the industry to building more trucks in the future. As Lao-tzu said, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”

-- RCT

Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM

KW_W900L is on a distinguished road

I would love to see a tamiya scania like quality of the W900A and W900L and the 359 and 379 for us over here.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

I talked to a good friend of mine of many years the other day about this who works at Tamiya USA in CA and he said that it would show that there is interest but the fact is that there is just not the numbers sold in the US and Canada like over in the UK and other foreign country's plus the copy right laws are so tuff here in the USA that is cost a ton in trade mark fees that is why there is truck like the king hauler and knight hauler because they would have to charge threw the nose to pay the fees and that is why they don't do it.. This is the same reason why they took the chevy off the clodbuster.

He said the big main reason is that there is just not enuff sales for semis of US make in the world but they sell a ton of the others Benz/MAN/ect.. He also said there has been talk about cutting the King Hauler out of production do to its number of years in production the only reason they have not done it yet is that it has picked up in the past few years so you might be careful you get a new truck but we might lose the base plat form of most trucks and I sure don't want to lose the KH over the new IH or any other new style semi..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"