RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

every once and a while i get a call to move a machine that is just heavy
this is one on them!!!!

that cat is so heavy we had to switch trailers just to haul it

Old 10-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

HI Bigford don't you need a permit to move something that wide or move the blade on another float? Mike
Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

yup!! but look at the tag on the tractor,i'm not allowed out of new york state
this move happened 2 states away LOL!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

i thought there was video of the move, i hit the gas and the front end was
starting to lift.. 90lbs of kitty cat was rough in the 55 turn motor
Old 10-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Lol!! I don't think we got a video of the front lifting, but it definately pulled both front wheels off ground and a lot of left front, just like the torque roll in the 1:1s!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

So a rain day today, made a mock up of a haul truck tire.

It's big!!! Way big!!! Actually it's about 1/2" too tall for actual scale. When I designed the part I added treds, should have designed different. But this is just a trial print and mock up to see how I can do it. And I figure this tread pattern is unidirectional and will allow for a simpler mould making extract. I have to print it in four pieces then they will be glued together and worked to be used for casting in rubber/ urethane. But it's scale for the size tires on a 785b haul truck. The biggest one I can make and still be able to load with the excavator.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I love it! I need to buy a printer BAD! I have be wanting to build a mold for a specific tire used on the off-highway logging trucks here many years ago. You have done yours exactly how I thought I would try if I had a printer(pieces). Since I don't have a printer I started to make my mold out of wood but it is very difficult because the grain messes with a guy while machining it. It sucks basically is what I'm saying. RW, you're my hero...
Old 10-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

How much do you think the beast will weigh all assembled?
I have full confidence that you will succeed and make your own tires but I'm worried if they'll be strong enough to handle the load.
Just like the 1:1 trucks. They say the only thing stopping them from making bigger trucks is the tires strength.
Gotta find that sweet spot between too firm or too soft of a compound...... ok, I'll stop right there. My bad. Lol

And don't burn your shop down when you start cooking rubber!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Journeyman

Hi Reg if you make a master of a good hardwood like cherry sand varnish a lot you can make an excellent master to mold off of . I've done that for train parts . Mike
Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

i'll have a 4:1 and a deep reduction ready for that
move when your done. might have to buy a bigger
lowboy !!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks reg, why is it every time you try and make something with the tool ya got you always end up buying more?? Now my home computer keeps freezing up when I'm trying to design these tires!!! It's one of those all in one touch screen desktops. I think it's 6 years old. I don't think it's old but in computer years I guess it is. Might be time to start looking around for new computer!!! I guess that's why I have liked the simple manual stuff, hand crank mill, simple calculator, tape measure , ect. Once I get happy with a design the final print job will be more fine of a print job. Those two pieces, each took almost 4 hours to print. When the resolution and layers are bumped up it will be like 5-1/2 hours print time each.

Mario, got any info on a 785b? That's what I'm planing on. Have no clue how much she will be when done,,yet,,,, I just started to "learn" about the shore hardness of rvt rubber. And or urethane. The tire will be a solid pour. So they probably wouldn't squat much. Trying to find the right hardness is difficult as I really have no clue of what I'm talking about . So far I'm guessing a shore hardness of at least 40 maybe 60. As from what I've gathered a lot of concrete moulds for pavers are hardness of that. I don't mind if they don't squish much but don't want them rolling side to side. Someone said about pouring a harder core and softer tread but that may be a bit more than I want to do. And no cooking rubbers around here!!!! Lol,,, all the stuff I've found is room temperature vulcanization. Rtv. Just mix and pour.
Mike, sometimes I really think about just hand carving something out of wood, I'm old school and work better with my hands while tool are in em verses my fingers on top of a keyboard!!!! I guess back in school when I was trying to figure out where to get beer money and what girls were going to what bar I may have been better off taking notes and listening to the teacher, a may have just learned something back then,,,,, but boy what a good time it was!!! Lol!!! I guess that's why I still use a shovel at work (not being able to pay someone to do,it for me)
Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Moral of the above story for you youngsters still in school,,, high school-just do your homework,,,college, pay attention and do your homework!!! It really will pay off later in life and whatever you think is more important now , really isn't when you get older!!!

There I set my moral compass north!! Good to go give all the youngsters bad advise again for a while.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RW we can do this!!! you just need to build it just like the 1:1

Old 10-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Journeyman

Bigford now I can bring my new float and move the tires ! who is bringing the crane to put the tires on the truck ? Mike
Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That would be cool, maybe I could come up with some sort of magnet release for the wheels. That way they could come on and off with just a magnet releasing a lock. Quick detach for transport!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Journeyman

Electromagnet
Old 10-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
That would be nice!! Never knew they made that.

Just got off the phone with Brian and I don't know why I didn't think of it before but the master of 3d printing gave me the idea of printing a mould for whatever size tires I want. So I think I may try that. Another thing to "learn",,,, casting stuff. Just another reinforcing for our hobby, if you can't find it make it!!! Now all I have to do is move computer out to garage, start a argument with wife, get banished to garage and in a couple months possibly have a new baby addition to the construction company
Thanks for the compliment brother im still learning myself, im just glad I was able to help you out and your tires are coming out AWESOME so far, cant wait to see the first run, those solid tires will hold up excellently! Now stop reading and start building! btw im sending you the bill for my "scratch"
Old 10-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol, the awesome haul truck Brian built,,,,, yup I had to put a nice war wound in it!!! Damm thing just looks too good!!! It's ok, it was in the bed, but on canopy so it will be there for a while!!! He did a heck of a job on that truck, looks and works excellent. It was nice to load. On the road dump trucks three scoops and they are about full and have to be precise in dumping into the beds. With his haul truck I was getting close to 10-12 scoops and could load fast as I didn't have to be so precise. Can't wait to get one rolling of my own!!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:32 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks Cooper for the info I got the g0759 and love it's just like yours just that it comes with a dro
Old 10-17-2015, 07:20 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

Cooper
The stage cylinder again, the cylinders we made were like the first drawing all oil into the small end. Remember I said I had 3 oil baths when first designing the cylinder, the reason for that was when retracting the cylinder even with the pressure set on the pump I split the cylinder wide open. Why because of the different oil volume in the lift stage to the retract stage, to solve the problem I but in a flow divider, this allowed me to dump a percentage of oil into the storage tank, using the smaller amount of oil to pressurize the part of the cylinder, this solved the problem. I have done the same with my hydraulic break, it came down to fast, by moving the handle on the side of the flow divider I can move the break down at any speed I want, makes it easy to stop it in the right angle. I managed to get a mini flow divider made by an old friend of mine don't really know how he did it, wish he was still alive to find out and scared to take it apart.

Earl