RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Yesterday was so foggy I could hardly see across the road & drizzled rain most of the day... today I woke to see the ground was white!... though I didn't think to take a pic till 2pm. ...maybe by next wkend I get started with seeding crop... that tik tok is getting louder in my head everyday!

Thank God for hobbies... something to keep me distracted.

The pile I was flat topping last wkend is just about gone, I'll push the rest of it up to the doorway... Steve, your compactor dozer would be perfect here.

I got the rest of the week to make this pile disappear, build up the edges & the other doorway.

Joe
Old 04-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

Nice, that Vario is a beast. I read about you running it at 35Bar, that is some power!!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'll have to get up there some winter . I have to get a passport now last time I was in canada , I just drove in with no stopping .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
I'll have to get up there some winter . I have to get a passport now last time I was in canada , I just drove in with no stopping .
We should try and plan a meet at Joe's this winter........If he is up for it????
Get several guys there at the same time and all have fun.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
BANNED

Yeah, not so easy to travel anymore... my passport expired in Nov 2012.

Having this area in the back of workshop + the lean-to when I get it built this summer is much more appealing to have company than if it were just the basement... the basement would be risky to even have 3ppl down there not to step on anything. Where I live, you would have to drive to get here b/c the closest major airport for jets is 4hrs away.

The Island boys however, one of them is a pilot & if 4 of them went together to rent a small Cessna? they could fly right to my town just nine miles away... just saying.

Joe
Old 04-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

It wouldn't be this winter for me . I'm determined to have a dozer for cabin fever next year . My td 40 is close and if I stick to it I'll have it done . I gotta stop jumpin around We for the most part travel as a family so when I come you got 4 operators .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Nice to see the pictures Joe! Are you bringing any other members of the fleet up from the basement?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yeah, not so easy to travel anymore... my passport expired in Nov 2012.

Having this area in the back of workshop + the lean-to when I get it built this summer is much more appealing to have company than if it were just the basement... the basement would be risky to even have 3ppl down there not to step on anything. Where I live, you would have to drive to get here b/c the closest major airport for jets is 4hrs away.

The Island boys however, one of them is a pilot & if 4 of them went together to rent a small Cessna? they could fly right to my town just nine miles away... just saying.
Not sure if I could find your place Joe, last time I checked there is no Ocean, 200 foot tall trees and big Mountains out your way. I would be lost.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 AM
BANNED

That's about it Tech9, other than the SA loader & Tamiya trks... the 2nd dirt pile is just about gone & everything will be going home soon.

Just look for the small house on the prairie with a green roof Greg, that me!

This how I finished the 1st pile... I was impressed with how well that small Stahl pushed & packed, when I (205lbs) stepped on the dirt I didn't leave much of a print... of course the dirt is quite moist.

This afternoon I went to work on the other pile flattening it out, did most of it inside of 40mins with the 850.

Then put lil Stahl to work making it smooth & level.

Then what to do...? Idle hands is the Devil's workshop....

I adjusted the tx stick for no spring center, but without the "ratchet arm" in place (I don't know where I put that yrs ago), I was only getting about 2/3 throttle in each direction before the last bit of spring tension interfered.

Amazing what this lil 12lbs dozer was capable of, the two machines working together, pan taking a 1/2 to 3/4 inch cut to pack a heaping load on in less than two feet!!! The dirt would pack in there so tight that the small push cyl struggled at 1st to push the load out!

I even made a movie of it fun fun fun ...enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaLx...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe !
I think I know where this is going......."I adjusted the tx stick for no spring center" ....I can't wait........for the Grand Parade back home.....
It is a ton o fun to watch you operating those machines.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Ok now your just showing off, Thats pretty neat especially as your drive one forward and backing the Stahl up at the same time without missing a beat NICE!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

wow!! That's great joe! You don't need any help. Looks like you have it figured out. Next we will see the video of you operating the excvtr. with your feet while running the dozer and scraper .That takes some good hand-eye coordination. Good job.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:34 AM
BANNED

Thanx for your kind words fellas.

This dirt is so wet! After about 30 push loads, the surface developed a nearly impenetrable crust & the track motors of the lil Stahl dozer were nearly stalling with the tracks having too good of traction, I even tried to rip it with the dozer & either didn't penetrate much or hook deep & stopped the dozer... so time to bring in the muscle to break it all up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGceShzHdiA

But then the pile was too narrow & I kept sliding off either side with the pan... so now I just load the pan with JD850 to disperse the last of the dirt pile to the outer edges. I can get it a lot fuller this way & do it less time too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDbvIBRFQY

Joe
Old 05-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Joe-that JD850 is impressive!! It moves a lot of dirt very fast. Nice videos. Looks like your work on this site is moving along great. Will this part of the shop be a dirt floor or will it be concrete?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

Hey.. now you have the tractor and it has the hydraulics.. you could make a tow behind grader
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 05-02-2014, 09:02 PM
BANNED

Indeed Tom, I have enjoyed this powerful excavator since the 1st day I turned it on. The back of shop will not be cement, I planned it this way.

It's already on the 'to-do' list Dean, but with only 3 valves in the tractor, some of the grader functions may be operated with Firgelli actuators.

Joe
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, have you considered mounting both radios to a tv tray with Velcro? Just a thought. Looks like fun in the new area!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

How about a big dump trailer for the Bell?

Old 05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

I suggest this setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcweoyccCo

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 AM
BANNED

Great vid Emil! Thanx for posting it.

But not likely I make anymore end dump trls... I'm thinking more along the lines of a belly dumper road train of 4 or 5 trls, capacity roughly two 5ga pails worth.

Joe