RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-17-2014, 01:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

wow egronvold! that was worth the watch!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:32 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Just spent the last 3 nights reading through the majority of this, absolutely amazing stuff!
The Vario excavator has to be one of the best machines on the market, makes me want one so badly!

Thats screening bucket too! Top work Joe keep it up!

Calum
Old 06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Thank you Calum.

Finishing seeding 10 day ago, I did some hauling into the back my of workshop with the Mammoth.

But it's a looong haul for just one trk at a time... which got me motivated to finish the pup for my GL this wkend.

I put both the GL & KH on my DX18 radio & bind them both to the same model copy - meaning I can drive them both at the same time from one radio. The GL for/rev & steering is on the left stick and the KH for/rev & steering is on the right stick.

Both trks have AR8000 receivers (8ch), so the shift servos for the 3spd trans are not connected in either trk, each trk is currently using 4chs, not enough chs left to include the 3spds too. Both trks are geared differently too, so the GL is locked in 3rd gear & the KH in 2nd making them both virtually the same speed... the GL might be a wee bit faster.

I put the GL's dump boxes on Aux 1 & 2 (3pos stick switches), and the KH's on Aux 4 & 5 (rotary sliders on sides of radio), in which I had to re-assign Aux 4 to Aux 3 & Aux 5 to Gear.

By the time I got the radio programmed & the trks functioning correctly I was almost out of daylight... but I did get 3 loads of practice. Trying to drive two trks simultaneously is mind blowing difficult!!! .... especially rounding corners, I would start right turn the lead trk & couldn't help but start to turn the following trk right as well ...or if one trk was going left while the other going right, I would over steer both when I intended to go straight... It really took a lot of mental capacity to try to drive one trk separate from the other at the same time... I almost ran into myself a few times & just let go of both sticks in the nick of time!

Joe
Old 06-09-2014, 05:39 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road

Awesome idea Lil Giants, yep awesome.

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road

Nice job ! So where is the video ?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Video of you driving two trucks at the same time would be nice..... I have a hard time driving one at a time sometimes never mid two......

Wayne
Old 06-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Joe, you'd be even busier than a one armed paper hanger!! Great job on figuring out the radio for two vehicles
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 AM

4X44DAD is on a distinguished road

Wow Awesome stuff
Old 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

Yup, I agree driving two trucks at once is not that impressive of a feat if you are actually doing it at all. Anyone can park two trucks and take a picture of them. Now operating a video camera at the same time takes it to a whole new level.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-I can't imagine trying to drive-2-trucks at once but if anyone can I would bet on you. I have heard a lot of bad things about the "mammoth" trucks but if I remember correctly you have had yours for a long time. Have you done up-grades to it or is it stock. Looks like it hauls a nice size load.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

With more practice you might be the only person in the world to drive two RC vehicles from one radio at the same time. I'd like to see a video of you driving both trucks now and then one after you've had about a months worth of practice. Good workout for your brain.

I love seeing that Vario in action.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
Hey Joe !
You are a excellent Excavator operator and now even one excellent machine builder extraordinaire !!! as modelman say " I wondered if I was going to see-2-trucks going up the ramp together" Come one Joe you can yes you can !!!!
Joe is on the mission
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Here I thought operating the scraper and the Stahl at the same was neat. But 2 trucks on one radio at the same time!?!
How are you going to top that Joe?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
How are you going to top that Joe?
Maybe run two excavators at the same time???

That is pretty neat Joe! You should put a camera on the second truck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
BANNED

Quite the buzz with the talk of two trucking ... I made a vid yesterday, but using a headband camera holder to film, I never know where the darn thing is pointing & most of it was with the camera too high & can't see the 2nd trk.

So I did it again just before dark tonite & this time the camera is almost too low to show the 850 loading the trks ... but the trks are view 90% of the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-6...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
I have heard a lot of bad things about the "mammoth" trucks but if I remember correctly you have had yours for a long time. Have you done up-grades to it or is it stock. Looks like it hauls a nice size load.
I've had this Mammoth since it 1st came out. All that I have changed is put one of Willy Loewer's WWR 7.2v motors in it, the motor is about half the rpm of the kit motor making it a little easier too drive in small areas.

Right from the start I had this rc on a 4ch stick radio & added an esc for the dump motor drive. The esc is plugged in through Plus 1 unit to make use of the built-in limit switches, as well as Y'd to a separate ch. It'll dump with the trk moving forward at half throttle, but not in reverse.

I suppose the bad things you heard was the dump wouldn't work correctly b/c with too much weight on the steer axle, the servo for steer couldn't turn sharp enough to activate the dump? The separate esc on a separate ch fixed that.

This Mammoth hauled close to 3cubes in the summer of 2005 up a 17 degree incline with about half of the dirt shown above on its back. The entire trip up the ramp, the left front tire was about a half inch in the air all the way to the top, that's how much torque that was put on the chassis to climb such a steep grade! It's been a great haul trk.

The wooden roadway across the grass shown in the vid, that was the ramp I made in 2005 to climb out of the basement.

Joe
Old 06-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Green Horn

Those 20 minutes went by too fast, great video!
What happened to the green pup? Hydraulic leak/problem?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Awesome stuff Joe! Your GL pup trailer turned out looking great too!

I have been meaning to ask you a question but figured you would be too busy working. I guess you have a little time so....

Do the Viper marine esc's you use have a brake? I was looking at a tio marine 30 amp at a local shop but it has a brake before reverse and I don't know if you can shut it off. I was wanting to use it for the swing on my excavator so a brake would not be good.

Thanks, Reg
Old 06-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Green Horn

RCP57, I use these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

You hold the button on the ESC upon start up to program it for no brake. Inexpensive too.

If this is off topic, sorry.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:41 AM
BANNED

I haven't added oil to either trk nor pup since I built both in 2000... I don't see any leaks on the pup, but the wdc telescope cyls do sweat a little bit. The pup must've got low, the trl tilted back a little too much & the pump might have sucked a bit of air, probably have to re-bleed the cyl too.

Both the GL & KH are using the Viper Marine 15 for for/rev, it's a soft brake. Not sure how it would perform in a hoe. I used a Servonaut S20 esc in my 850 & the brake wasn't an impairment. Currently in the 850 it's a Sabertooth 2x12.

Interesting is how the Sabertooth 2x12 in the GL behaves with the screwdrives on the dump boxes, the way it starts it almost seems the load is too heavy, but it's just the way it ramps up too speed.

Rain @6:30 this morning, got a load on the trk to go to the pig barn, the roads might dry enough in another hr to get it there before another system hits after dinner... been busy spraying in crop all week, some great sunny 20C days & zero wind.

What about you, I thought you be gone fishing by now?

Joe
Old 06-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Green Horn

The Sabertooth 2x12 in the GL might have the DIP switch set for Acceleration Ramping?