RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tilt nose 379 Pete triple 3, I hope

Great idea Keith but when all is said and done will the hood clear the cab when you tip it forward, that is the object of the J hooks that hold the front of the the hood to the frame. As you raise the hood it moves the hood forward so it will clear the cab with the tails of the hood without hitting it. Ed
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Great idea Keith but when all is said and done will the hood clear the cab when you tip it forward, that is the object of the J hooks that hold the front of the the hood to the frame. As you raise the hood it moves the hood forward so it will clear the cab with the tails of the hood without hitting it. Ed
I see what you mean about the swing radius of the hood and why all the tilt hoods I've seen have that j hook style hinge.

I wonder if there is enough room to cut a horizontal J or more like a L slot in the frame mounting plate so from the closed position you could lift then pull the hood forward, then tilt?

I'm still a novice in the hobby but after what I've seen on this forum I am sold on a tilt hood and detailed engine bay. Someday....

Mario
Old 01-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Nice work Keith! Great idea making one single hood hinge rather than 2 individual hinges. Much easier to get it straight I imagine.
Can't wait to see what's next?

Thanks Mario, yeah it worked well with the single pivot point.

Mario
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Ed, the hood does clear when tilting. I moved the pivot point up as far as possible to avoid binding at the cab. I also put a slight slope or tilt on the btm of the hood extensions to avoid binding.

Having said that, I see what you mean about the "J" hinges. That style would be the ticket. Next one, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I see what you mean about the swing radius of the hood and why all the tilt hoods I've seen have that j hook style hinge.

I wonder if there is enough room to cut a horizontal J or more like a L slot in the frame mounting plate so from the closed position you could lift then pull the hood forward, then tilt?

I'm still a novice in the hobby but after what I've seen on this forum I am sold on a tilt hood and detailed engine bay. Someday....

Mario