RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tonto* View Post
After reading this entire build thread like 20 times, the craftsmanship and detail you put into these machines just blows my mind. I could watch your builds for hours, and I would still not have seen enough. You have inspired me to build my first Bruder dozer. I noticed that you had a carton of the metal track pads in one picture. Just wondering if they were just put in there, or were modified pieces of some sort? Also on #2 it looks like you used a different method of attaching the pads to the chain drive. I would like to use your ideas for my own build and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again well done, and thank you for your builds.

*TONTO*
Thanks tonto and welcome to the forum. I see you are in Vancouver. Perhaps we will see you at one of our shows on the island this year? The track pads are made from trim that you can buy at Home Depot or Rona. It comes in 8' lengths so you will need to cut it to the size needed and drill the holes for mounting. The chain used on dozer #2 is #35(3/8 pitch) with K1 attachment on every other link. If you have any other questions fire away. Good luck with the conversion should you take it on!

Reg
Old 01-03-2015, 12:48 AM

*tonto* is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a dozer from Winners, and will definitely be trying to do a chain conversion. I live in Abby, I just like to put in Vancouver just so people know the general area I live in. As for shows, how do you find out if there is going to be a setup for R/C's there? At the end of January there is an agricultural show at the tradex, I just don't know who to get into contact with.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Reg,

Do you have a part number or measurement on the edging material for the track pads so I can make sure I get the right stuff?

And, I don't think I understand the slot in each pad? It sort of looks like it could be used to drive the tracks from the sprocket, but that is being done with the #35 chain right? Is the slot for looks or something else I do understand?

Jim
Old 01-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Craftsman

Ah ha, great idea. I knew there was a reason and I agree I DO like the look. It sounds like maybe I won't find thAt stuff at my Home Depot huh... I have a new farm store, menards and lowes. I will let everyone know what I find.

Also, I assume you had to cut off one leg of the edging and bend down the leading edge to form the pads?

Thanks for you help!

Last edited by Rvjimd; 01-04-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It is already an L shape and has grooves on the other side. Bend it at the first groove for a perfect fit! It is almost like it was made to be used as track pads!lol
Old 01-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I've looked and looked for that aluminum and still can't find it after Greg introduced it years ago. Definitely a Canada only thing. ARG!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
I've looked and looked for that aluminum and still can't find it after Greg introduced it years ago. Definitely a Canada only thing. ARG!!
It seems so! Weird! The other member I have been talking with said he had looked at Lowes and Home Depot with no success. I did an internet search a couple days back and came up empty other than a few Canadian home improvement stores. I would be willing to get some and ship it out but shipping will probably make it expensive.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Craftsman

I don't know for sure if this would actually make it to my store in Iowa until I try ordering some BUT, is it TOO big? It says 15/16" not 7/8". Is that going to make it not work out properly?

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Alexandria-...Grooved+edging

Jim
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's the stuff!
Old 01-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Craftsman

Cool, I'll order some! Just to save some wear on my calculator, how many sticks do I need for a typical set of tracks? Is one 96" piece enough?

Jim
Old 03-05-2015, 03:53 PM

JohnStilwell is on a distinguished road

As always, awesome work Reg!!
I sure hope your operator has a really soft seat in that dozer... I'd have a pretty good headache taking that many 'seat slams' from crawling up and down that ledge
Old 03-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Reg, what can I say that already hasn't been said. Your the man! Really... Love the exhaust soot and cage which is similar to the one on my D6D...really adds some character, And more cool factor . Seeing your attention to detail is like mine, I have a suggestion, one thing I wanted to build for my 1:1 after blowing out a few windows doing some deep woods clearing were some expanded steel window protection. The forestry dozers run them, I'm sure in your area they are common. Might be a neat option of you could find the right material. if not, that's where a printer comes in handy, for those hard to find detail pieces. .
Old 03-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Jason! It's not a bad little toy but the carry blade design is holding it back. I wish I had never copied the Bruder blade as closely but I did on this one. The blades I made for #2-#3 are great and cut very well. I still have dozer #3 and if no one is interested in it I will take the blade and put it on mine. I am hoping to paint #1 to look like the one in the picture so that it matches my Hayes.