RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My steel coils B-train hauler

Wow Gaeten, I missed the wheels, incredibale work. I followed the build over at MMT, and now here. And i'm still amazed at what you're doing. You've got me salavating lol.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

wheels look good , you don't need fancy tools to make nice stuff . I started with an antique lathe from WW1 a ratty drill press and a dremel Don't get me wrong CNC is cool but there are days I miss just cranking hand wheels

Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 PM

B-Train Hauler is on a distinguished road

I agree ihbuilder But I didn't find any ww1 lathe anywhere!
Seriously, I also think that the tool doesn't make the job by itself and a good builder can do incredible thing with very few tools. Many threads on this forum prove it.
Unfortunatly I never tried a manual milling, cnc is my first experience with milling but I can understand what you mean by "crankink hand wheels" whe I'm using my manual lathe, and it's effectively a good feeling of working really on the stuff, more than via a computer! But cnc also help to make some shape easier, mostly for a newbie

Thanks a lot Big John!! I hope the results will worth it

Gaetan

Last edited by B-Train Hauler; 02-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Train Hauler View Post
I agree ihbuilder But I didn't find any ww1 lathe anywhere!
Seriously, I also think that the tool doesn't make the job by itself and a good builder can do incredible thing with very few tools. Many threads on this forum prove it.
Unfortunatly I never tried a manual milling, cnc is my first experience with milling but I can understand what you mean by "crankink hand wheels" whe I'm using my manual lathe, and it's effectively a good feeling of working really on the stuff, more than via a computer! But cnc also help to make some shape easier, althought for a newbie

Thanks a lot Big John!! I hope the results will worth it

Gaetan
they are hard to find , and if you find them , you need more then 2 guys to move them you are 100 % right with cnc . there's some stuff that would've taken me for ever on a manual . wait till I get some axles done
OTOH , your doing a great job

Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Thanks ihbuilder, can't wait fo see these axles! With the level of your other realisations, it promise to be something to see !!!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Green Horn

Bsorenson79 is on a distinguished road

Truck looks awsome!! Nice job! One of Brian-in Pa's grills would really put it over the top.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

this is a cool build and a great job on your part on the detail work and the little stuff that someone may over look the first time they look at the build thread and a nice job on the wheels!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Train Hauler View Post
Thanks ihbuilder, can't wait fo see these axles! With the level of your other realisations, it promise to be something to see !!!
thanks , I just finish the design and will be looking it over till maaybe next week end . Depending how hub production works out just keep watching my 990 loader build

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Thanks for comments guys!

Gun, Thanks! I was completely newbie when I started that build but completely addicted since that. It explain for a part that long sequence of build/unbuild... and some scales errors too But with time and the ideas found here, it's coming not too bad...
Also thanks to you Borenson, let me see what to do with that grill (effectively, it must be update ).
Ih, your loader is a piece of art! I'm out of the forum sometimes and I missed the "discussion" about your axles I stay tuned now

The inner rear wheels must be ready soon, if I can find some times in the next few days

Gaetan

Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Hi everyone!
I don't have big changes on my truck these last months, mostly because acquiring machining skills took most of my hobby times!
But just to say that I'm still there, there's some pics of my lasts evolutions. It's only a preassembly, many thing must be rearranged (alu sidings don't look as I want, for example ), but it show how I want it to look.
I'm stuck for at least two weeks now since I broke my belt lathe, while I was machining my new tanks
Last things I added were rear wheels of the tractor, the steps and air tanks, strech a bit the wheel base, the rear frame parts and bumber, and the fuel tanks I'm working on actually. The alu siding will be change for a better look and a better adjustment.

Thanks for viewing

Gaetan

Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Your truck is Sweet! Where did you get the tapered end for the rails? Did you make them? Love your trailers
Old 04-18-2012, 03:24 PM

aussietruckerguy is on a distinguished road

A very nice B Double! Looking good
Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM

cielo1889 is on a distinguished road

nice looking truck, very neat.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 AM

Thanks guys!

Yes Dabears, I made the tapered ends. I considered first to use the Knight Hauler ones (in plastic), and finally made them in alu for a better support of the rear shocks... A new paint job of the frame should be done soon, including these parts (except the light plate for sure ).

Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Hi gys,
Here's my last add-on.
Needs more polish and strap adjusments, and go for frame painting...

Thanks for viewing

Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Wow!! Your tanks and straps are awesome!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:20 AM

aussietruckerguy is on a distinguished road

very nice tanks and a great build.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

VERY nice work there. Looking at all of the tasty parts that people churn out with a mill, makes me really want one myself!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:13 PM

Thanks a lot guys!
As you know it's my first build and I learn each days, so it's a great pleasure to receive your comments!
Next steps should be a new exhaust cover, new frame paint and a first real mounting of new parts on it.
Swagger, milling is really a great world to discover, but it's also (well... for me, at least ) some challenge... Don't hesistate if you have any question ! Not necessarely easy, but rewarding if your goal is to make specifics things you want...

Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Thanks B-Train! I would need a workshop and money before I could even consider a mill though, but someday, I would love to get one. I did engineering many years ago in school and was pretty handy with a lathe and mill back then, so hopefully, some of that would come back over time.