RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Snowman3725

Default Tech help needed

So I just picked up a brand new DX-1300 hydraulic excavator made by DS Tech. My first impressions were pretty good. All metal, well built for the most part, I was pretty excited. Then came the operation. First couple of minutes it ran smoothly, good power, good controls. Then it all went south. I noticed the hydraulic cylinder on top of the boom that moves the arm wasn't working. It was fully extended and only would retract about an inch. Then the hydraulic pump stopped working. I have no idea why. All the servos work fine, but the hydraulic pump just does not turn on. I'm fairly new to this hobby, but I am absolutely clueless when it comes to electronics and diagnosing what could be wrong. I have way too much money invested in this to just put it on the shelf. Is there anyone willing out there who can take a peek at it and address these issues? I like the machine and really want to get it working. Anyone reputable out there who has dealt with electric hydraulic machines? Thanks in advance.