RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 AM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let The Build Begin!

doodlebug - Yea the internet is a great thing even though it can cause many bad things. I love how it is basically a big open sourced encyclopaedia, if I want to learn something it is there, you just need to find it.

I'm getting really excited now! I have started making a bucket, almost finished the wheels (buggered one up real bad ) they are a 3 piece inner beadlock design as you have probably seen before. But they are 100% custom and my own design . i hope to cut out the hub caps tomorrow as i have 3hrs of available tim on the mill. Then while that is running ill get the axles ready for drilling and milling.

I also got my motors today and boy are they strong for there size (OD= 21.8mm). When i first opened the box i was a little nervous as they were the tiny little guys but with a full 12VDC applied to them if you try to even slow down the motor shaft with you fingers it is impossible, the motor doesn't even show any sign of slowing down. They are Beetle B231 12VDC gearhead motors from robotcombat.com (http://www.robotcombat.com/products/0-B231.html) once i've got them installed and running i'll let you know how it goes but they seem to be perfect for the job. And they have a whopping 1.97 lb/ft each so with one per wheel i will have 7.708 lb/ft which should be plenty. But they do draw 6.8A at stall current Gonna need some big wire for those.

Now for what you have all been waiting for.

With the wheels done I started to machine the valve system while I waited for the motors. Rather than make three individual valves like in my original design i decided to make it one big block for ease of machining and time. So far i have the final outter dimensions milled and just need to do the final pocketing on the main piece. Then turn the spools and put the rest of the peices together! I really hope my design works or else I might have to buy some valves

Heres some pics for you guys!

(The hole where the spool goes still needs to be drilled out and reamed, its not actually going to be only 3mm like in the pic )

Also if there is enough interest and the valves work I may make some and sell them aswell as sell some plans. Just put a post down if you might be interested. No guarantee`s though as Im going to school, working, on a community soccer team and tryin to build this thing.

Cheers,
Chris