RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Default The best price for a kh?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tamiya-5...item46045ba5ac

The best price I have found in 8months

Last edited by Trucker_Jo; 11-02-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: The best price for a kh?

There's the price and then there's the cost of shipping (and maye other taxes, if applicable)... which might turn a good deal into you paying more than you could have gotten it local. Just an FYI to consider.

Joe
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Green Horn

I got that down, I guess I could have just asked if people think that local hobby shops can sell a kh for less than $375. Maybe that's just something I have to drive an hour to portland to find out
Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Or perhaps you could google 'hobby shops in Portland' and find out online?

The ebay seller in NY might be operating out of his house (lower overhead), but what does it cost to ship clear across the country something so big? Any taxes to consider? It's the unknown that always bites you.

Joe
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Green Horn

Yeah I never figured that the mom and pop shops would have prices, but I could always check that out, great idea. And it says right there that the shipping is free. Sometimes the truck can be $350, but the shipping is like $90. Looking at auctions I see that all the prices are around $400 anyways. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM

tmac is on a distinguished road

For me online seems to be cheaper my local hobby shop wants 500
for a kh
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Green Horn

Yep that's what I am thinking too.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac View Post
for a kh
Online can be cheaper but its always a good idea to try and support your local hobby shop when you can. If you don't, one day it may be gone.
More and more people shopping online means less and less people walking into a hobby shop which in turn forces them to raise their prices.
Just my .02

Mario
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road

I agree Mario, but at the end of the day with the way prices are on the staples we all need, most people myself included have to keep as much of the green in their jeans as possible and for me that means a fair bit of internet and ebay shopping when it comes to supporting my RC habit. I bought my KH from Tower Hobbies and saved a ton of money even with the added cost of shipping. And if you check the site, they often have discounts on shipping which helps even more.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Tower hobbies has a easy pay plan on the KH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pumptech; 11-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: The best price for a kh?

I'm in the unique position of having the option of ordering on-line and not feeling bad for my local hobby shop. The nearest hobby shop that has the r/c equipment we use is about 10 miles from my place. Being disabled and not able to drive, that puts me at a disadvantage to just going down the road to their shop at my convience.

I find that by taking my time and investigating my options, I can usually find the best deals before I lay my money down. Sometimes I can find better items than I originally was looking for of the same caliber, i.e. a stainless steel item instead of a plastic item that was originally advertised (and sometimes for the same money). My best advice is to take your time, search the local shops in your area, then go home and look on-line with a search engine like "google". You just never know where you'll find the items you'll want or need, sometimes they're listed as 1/10th scale and you'll find they're perfect.

Good luck

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac View Post
for a kh
the LHS is not going to make there rent on my back. i order 90% of
my stuff online. i feel bad for the local greedy hobby shop but
if some dumb @$$ is willing to pay $500 for a king hauler then
they deserve to be ripped off

Tower hobbies has a easy pay plan on the KH
but the ebay has free shipping and is cheaper. buy it on ebay
the seller has to Honor the free shipping

Last edited by bigford; 11-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV73 View Post
I agree Mario, but at the end of the day with the way prices are on the staples we all need, most people myself included have to keep as much of the green in their jeans as possible and for me that means a fair bit of internet and ebay shopping when it comes to supporting my RC habit. I bought my KH from Tower Hobbies and saved a ton of money even with the added cost of shipping. And if you check the site, they often have discounts on shipping which helps even more.
I know I sound like I'm defending local hobby shops. This all goes way beyond hobby shops. I always try to support local buisness whenever possible. Besides I hate buying something and having to wait weeks for it to arrive

Oh, and by the way. The only hobby shop for me is a 3 hr drive one way and its mostly trains and materials, no RC.
Absolutely everything I have was purchased online. I've been dealing with tower hobbies since the start of our collection. I joined the membership and get great savings. A few months ago due to membership and the shipping promo they had at the time knocked almost 75 bucks off the price. The membership fee has paid for itself already within less than a year.

Mario
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I know I sound like I'm defending local hobby shops. This all goes way beyond hobby shops. I always try to support local buisness whenever possible. Besides I hate buying something and having to wait weeks for it to arrive

Oh, and by the way. The only hobby shop for me is a 3 hr drive one way and its mostly trains and materials, no RC.
Absolutely everything I have was purchased online. I've been dealing with tower hobbies since the start of our collection. I joined the membership and get great savings. A few months ago due to membership and the shipping promo they had at the time knocked almost 75 bucks off the price. The membership fee has paid for itself already within less than a year.

Mario
How right you are Mario. The super savers club definitely saves $$$, and I am 3 hours away. So let's say I order on a monday, I have it wednesday...Can't beat that at wally world.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Green Horn

Sounds like ebay is king.

By the way if anyone cares I mocked up a scale 2013 T800 daycab body and I can post pictures tomarrow and tell me whatchu think before I start buying and cutting styrene.

Jarrett
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Craftsman

Smiley is on a distinguished road

That's like me. The nearest hobby shop is an hour away and they don't even sell Tamiya stuff so I order all of my stuff online or from somebody on the forum

Keith
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Sounds like ebay is king.

By the way if anyone cares I mocked up a scale 2013 T800 daycab body and I can post pictures tomarrow and tell me whatchu think before I start buying and cutting styrene.

Jarrett
Of course we care and yes, by all means, lets see some pics

Mario
Old 11-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Green Horn

[IMG][/IMG]

Hours and a couple burns later here it is. I think its in reasonable scale Mainly I was just doing this to practice scratch building something for when I cut into plastic I got an idea on what I am doing.

I took the photo with the go-pro because I couldn't find a camera If you really want I can get more clean photos in the body tech area.

Jarrett
Old 11-03-2012, 01:12 PM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

this ny hobby store is about 40 miles from me. i'll have to check it out.

skip
Old 11-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
That's like me. The nearest hobby shop is an hour away and they don't even sell Tamiya stuff so I order all of my stuff online or from somebody on the forum

Keith
Same situation I'm in, I do buy styrene, glues and some driveline parts, They carry Traxxas which make great drive shaft parts. I love looking for LHS when I'm traveling it neat to see who's doing what! That being said I buy the big ticket Items from tower and any state side online company that has what I need at the price I want to pay. Just like the other thread about the radios (airtronics rds8000) Tower's price $219.00 plus shipping, Hobbypeople's price shipped to my door 189.00, it a no brainer where I got it.
As far as best price for a kh, check out Ultimate Hobbies http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store...ING+HAULER+KIT

I read about them a year or so ago I believe on this forum. If I remember they have a brick and mortar in California. I thought I made a mistake 2 days after I ordered 2 trailers from them and got a phone call from a guy who's name was Kevin, I believe, he said they didn't have 2 in stock, but their web site excepted my order and my money! He asked if I wanted 1 trailer and my money back for the other trailer, I told him that I really needed both so he called tamiya USA and they didn't have them available, then tried one of the hobby suppliers they use and called me back and told me he could get them for me, I asked if he could drop ship them to me, I got them the next day same price! Bottom line good price and great customer service!