RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:01 PM

Louisbaby is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from South Africa

Hi guys, I'm Edward from Cape Town, South Africa. I recently got my first Tamiya 1/14th scale truck, and I'm totally hooked. Been mostly into the scale trail truck scene, but that has worn off rather rapidly after getting my Scania.

So on to the pics

So here is my first Tamiya truck, a Scania R470, not built by me, but soon to be customized to my own needs. It came with a FlySky 4 channel entry level 2.4ghz radio. I changed the ESC to a stock Tamiya with Lipo safety. I installed a GTA power full function light unit from Hobbyking, and will install marker lights and trailer lights soon.

The trailer is a Bruder low loader that has been cut and extended using Tamiya flatbed parts. This is ok for now, but I want to change the wheels cause they are noisey, and redesign the trailer legs for a more scale operation.

And while I was at it, I bought myself a Tamiya Remote controlled forklift, not the most scale, but a good base to start from. And my daughter likes loading the trailer with pallets. I'll eventually modify the forklift to make it radio controlled rather than remote controlled.

So let me know what you think...
Old 12-20-2014, 04:49 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi from South Africa

Welcome to the forum Louis, nice bit of engineering graphing the flatbed into the Bruder lowboy, it looks good!

Joe