RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 990 cat loader

First of all, Steve, that's an awesome project! I cannot wait to see this thing take shape. Beyond all the bickering going on here, I'd just like to say, nice work! I am sure no matter what you use for a drivetrain, it's going to be a great model. We all have seen your other models and what you are capable of. I don't think any of us have to worry about it being strong.

On the gearmotor drivetrains, and this question is for anyone out there, what motors do the Stahl models run? What motors do the Fumotec/Vario 50 ton dumpers run? I am sure they are larger then what Stahl has, but has anyone actually located specs and the manufacturer of them? I've been looking around for gearmotors myself. Trying to find some that are small but strong. Best I have found this side of the pond are from places like Servocity, who sells something similar to what the Germans use, but is probably not exact.

I'll stay out of the arguements going on right now, but in all honesty, I've been watching a lot of videos of machines with gearmotors and I'll just say I rarely see one stall for long, when a model pushes into a pile of dirt. Kind of like Joe says, maybe when you are using light throttle, and one wheel is a little on the light side (up in the air), it will spin before the others, but it seems once you hit half throttle they all dig.

Axles and transmissions, or gearmotors this will still be a great build.