RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

I'm out of town right now but have some time to roam on the net. On your hoist for the dump, is that lifting a good amount of weight? I built the same idea, but the arm that mounts to the bed is a lot longer. I think I have to move it closer like yours. But while I'm laying idle in some hotel room my gears are still turning. . I think you saw the little bit I did with the torsion helper springs? It works great and those clamps come in all sizes and cheep to cannibalize too
Old 06-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cooper ..I was checking out your idea with the springs ..awsome idea and great work ..Its that first little step to get the canter going is the hardest and looks as though it helps ..so far with my design it seems to be working quite well ...i am using the 12 volt cyclinders and the 150 to 1 but not sure if its making much of a difference..So far its only the short little pup and i tried the box full of a box of batteries and chunky little vise.I made up a small 9 battery 10.5 volt AA 700mah pack to fit between the frame rails and managed to get 10 dump cycles out of it ...using the remote set up that they sell as well...I am getting pretty curious now so i may fill it full in the dirt pile and see what it does ...I started to make up some other peices for the truck hoist and am kindof holding back a little to see if this will be ok ..I may use a thinner guage aluminum for the frame so I can double up on the cyclinders ..Im sure that would help lengthen the life of these firgellis..So far I like them and they seem to work quite smooth ..Between the 2 of us im sure we will come up with some cool little hoists
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Journeyman

So cooper I did some testing on my design ..I filled the pup box with dirt ..Mostly dry with a little dampness ..I tried with the 9 battery 10.5 volt pack i made up the other day ..No go..I ended hooking up a 3 cell lipo 11.4 volt battery and it came up ok ..Im thinking this should be max for this cyclinder..For th truck box i am going to slghtly modify the thicknesses for the width to accomadate 2 cyclinders side by side ..Im sure it will have prnty of balls to lift it then

Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Wow Lou, when I first scrolled down and looked at the video's thumbnail, I was like how did he make that box so long....

Looks to be working very smooth and I like how quiet the actuator is. It looks like the latch is working right too! Where is the rest of the trailer though?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I think I may have to double up also. I may even have the bed a tad bit higher on the inside to accommodate the twin drives. Leaving the sides extending down to conceal a higher bed bottom. I want to make it be able to dump a heaping over loaded bed. Not to say I'll always be overloading but never know. I'll have to look if I have enough room for twins. Lou, is your set up in the frame rails of just above them? And the mobile screening plant is awesome!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Journeyman

Thanks reg ..way too many projects and not enough parts ..short of axles and tires ..may have to mill up some matching trilex for the pup

[QUOTE=RCP57;113342]Wow Lou, when I first scrolled down and looked at the video's thumbnail, I was like how did he make that box so long....

Looks to be working very smooth and I like how quiet the actuator is. It looks like the latch is working right too! Where is the rest of the trailer though?[/QUOTE

Thanks ..The unit sits on top of the rails ..Its aproxamatley 1 inch thick ..I did it this way so the canter pivot point would have bit of a start ..with the way reg built the box sides down and the bed raised a little like you are thinking it works out good ..the sides go about 1/2 inch below the bed ..everthing is setting at a looks right height..i will take a few mockup pics on the pacific to give you some perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Looks good, I think I may have to double up also. I may even have the bed a tad bit higher on the inside to accommodate the twin drives. Leaving the sides extending down to conceal a higher bed bottom. I want to make it be able to dump a heaping over loaded bed. Not to say I'll always be overloading but never know. I'll have to look if I have enough room for twins. Lou, is your set up in the frame rails of just above them? And the mobile screening plant is awesome!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Journeyman

Been a while since i posted on here ..seems its much easyier to load pics on my FB page these days with the way photobucket is acting up..I have been working away from home through the winter but tinkering a bit ..The dozer got a new pair of shoes ..These are from Frank at fumotec ..A little pricey but detail is outstanding ...in my opinion well worth the $700
The pitch was pretty much the same as what i had on there so the spockets worked out

Old 02-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Journeyman

I also purchased a set of dozer pads from rcbrmin for future project for alot cheaper ..they look great but not quite as detailed ...about $280 cad plus shipping
Here some comparison pics

Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Where did the big chunky ones come from?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Journeyman

Those ones are plastic and came from Fechtner modebau Reg .. the others ones are cast aluminum
Old 02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh, so those are the ones you took off the dozer. Gotcha! The chinese pads don't look too bad! How do the tires look?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Journeyman

Reg the new tires look pretty good .. a touch smaller then the mamoth tires i have on my hitachi AH 500...thinking it will get some new shoes too
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Journeyman

I found a new home for the new tires ..wasnt that happy with the mamoth tires on the hitachi ADT so on the workbench it went ...while it was there i started to do some mods ...I moved the dump cyclinders back almost 3/4 of an inch ..think i wont get any dirt hangging up in the box now ..wasnt much but it bugged me ..I also made up a tailgate ..still a few more parts to mill but it is coming along

Old 04-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Journeyman

Old 04-21-2015, 02:23 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Its always fun to keep adding on and making new parts! Nice detail.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Very nice mill work!!
Old 12-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Journeyman

Thanks for all your comments ..Been some time since i posted ..I just recently purchased the Eagle dozer after weighing out the pros and cons ..looking at the manual online kind of help me pull the trigger ...This machine looks as though it is well put together and detail is very good.. will have to see what the performance is like ..It arrived in the mail yesterday with a bit of shipping damage ..Looks like the crate took a pretty bad fall as there was a good dent in the top ..Not sure exactly what the part is called ..maybey blade stabilizer bar ..Keeps the blade shifting from side to side ..Anyway the blade mounting point has been broken off the blade ..looks as though it has been silver soldered ..fairly easy fix I hope ..Pics to follow ...thanks Rob for the pics ..Ed I purchased through RC4WD a bit more cost but well work the piece of mind
Old 12-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Journeyman

Old 12-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Nice looking machine!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing some vids of it in action on utube....
KP
Old 12-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow it got here fast hey Lou! I can't wait to see it in person. December has been an expensive month for both of us but it's always nice to get what you want for Christmas! It's a shame about the shipping damage. I'm not sure WTF these shippers do to this stuff while on route. Something packed that well in a wooden case shouldn't see any damage unless it gets run over. I'm sure you'll get it fixed up easy, it's just a shame you need to. It's nice out today so get out there and film some vids!