RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

BRICKNICK, thanx for the pic's. That is a good looking KW, and I love the old school trucks. I will definintley be adding some lenght.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
I think that is exactly what ya want to do.. Make sure you put it BETWEEN the rails and not over the top.

~Mike~
For sure, for sure Mike...that is the way to go.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrbuilder View Post
That is an awesome paint job on the cab....and for my two cents worth I also like the idea of the stretched frame, adding some stainless to the cab....and the scrollwork on the frame rails would really set this off! Very nice work on it so far though...
OK frybuilder, first thing thanx for the compliments. Now if I do decide to do some scroll work on the frame, the trailer frame will have to match. My hands aren't real steady, so I will have hit up one of our master painters for this job...hint, hint...

Big John

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK guy's and gal's, I have two sets of fenders coming from John aka S&P for the truck and trailer.
And I am getting a set of rails 4" longer than stock from FGD.
And last, but not least, ih builder, Steve is making an amazing bumper for the truck.

When I get these parts, I will take more pic's.
It's a long and slow process, but I should be ready for Indy in 2012

Big John

Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here is a set of exhaust tips I made a long time ago.
I was debating on putting them on...So after long deliberating, I decided to...And i'm glad I did.
Let me know what you all think

And here the bumper i'm putting on, and I may go with the same on the tanker.

Let me what you think, and thanx for looking

Big John

Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I forgot to mention, I still need to polish the tips...Big John likes shiny lol.

Big John

Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looking good John! What are you using for bumper guides?

Brian
Old 11-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Looking good John! What are you using for bumper guides?

Brian
Thank you Brian...
The bumper guides is aluminum tubing, and I think it is about 1/16" in diamater.

Big John

Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 AM

dirdydogrc is on a distinguished road

the truck looks amazing. the only thing i see wrong is your stacks are too long in a 1:1 truck the first bridge you came up to you would loose half of them and have a big ticket and tow bill. but that is just my opinion. the paint job is amazing i wish i had half your skill in painting
Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

That is a killer paint job...this is going to be very nice when finished. I agree on the stacks, sorry - maybe lose 2 inches and they will look perfect. I'm liking where you are going with this, God speed!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdydogrc View Post
the truck looks amazing. the only thing i see wrong is your stacks are too long in a 1:1 truck the first bridge you came up to you would loose half of them and have a big ticket and tow bill. but that is just my opinion. the paint job is amazing i wish i had half your skill in painting
First let me say thanx for the compliment.
And i've been thinking of cutting down the exhaust, I really didn't know if they were to long or not.
And as far as the paint, I wish I could take credit...but I can't.
If you ever seen trick my truck, "RYNO" painted the truck and trailer, and I was very lucky to get this truck.

Big John

Old 11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
That is a killer paint job...this is going to be very nice when finished. I agree on the stacks, sorry - maybe lose 2 inches and they will look perfect. I'm liking where you are going with this, God speed!
Thanx buddy, now i've had two people tell me to shorten the stax.
That's it, i'm doing it lol.

Big John

Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Apprentice

Yeah but I hope you don't feel about it! I think it's great that the folks on here openly share their tips and tricks as well as their opinions and don't keep it all top secret. I myself recently posted up my truck build and I already felt like my rotating beacons where too big and a few people on here then said it themselves, so now I know for sure how to make my truck look better.

Seriously though man, this is a great project. I agree with the others also on the 3-4 inch stretch and a darker chassis colour with maybe some scroll work or something to compliment the body paint job. These guys know what they are talking about.
You also mentioned before about doing the chassis in a pewter colour. What about a kind of royal blue chassis with pewter scrolling / pin striping? That would be pretty cool huh? Maybe, it might even be better to just go plain on the chassis so that the body pops! Just ideas of course, the final call is all yours dude!

I think this will be one of the most striking trucks out there. Keep it up!

Last edited by SWAGGER; 11-14-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Yeah but I hope you don't feel about it! I think it's great that the folks on here openly share their tips and tricks as well as their opinions and don't keep it all top secret. I myself recently posted up my truck build and I already felt like my rotating beacons where too big and a few people on here then said it themselves, so now I know for sure how to make my truck look better.

Seriously though man, this is a great project. I agree with the others also on the 3-4 inch stretch and a darker chassis colour with maybe some scroll work or something to compliment the body paint job. These guys know what they are talking about.
You also mentioned before about doing the chassis in a pewter colour. What about a kind of royal blue chassis with pewter scrolling / pin striping? That would be pretty cool huh? Maybe, it might even be better to just go plain on the chassis so that the body pops! Just ideas of course, the final call is all yours dude!

I think this will be one of the most striking trucks out there. Keep it up!
No problem, I really do appreciate your input. Sharing idea's is just one of the reason's why I love this hobby...It would be boring if everyone liked or did the same thing now wouldn't it?
And don't ever worry about offending me if you have an idea or suggestion, that's what it's all about.
Now onto the frame, i'm going to have 3-4 colors to test w/the body...maybe two different shades of blue, stone metallic grey (kind of dark) and whatever else I can find. I can't seem to find pewter, oh well.
I think i've babbled enough, thanx buddy.

Big John

Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

Looking good. It's crying out for a big bumper to go with the cool rear one and the frame stretch. If Steve's making it you can be sure it will be top notch!

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Looking good. It's crying out for a big bumper to go with the cool rear one and the frame stretch. If Steve's making it you can be sure it will be top notch!
Snowman, thanx buddy, and i've seen a pic of the bumper...and it is very sharp.
I had Steve make it taller than stock.
And i am very impressed with his craftsmanship.
Can't wait to get it

Big John

Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talking Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

OK guy's and gal's, I got my fenders from S&P today, and I am very pleeeaaasssed.
So I snapped a shot with a fender sitting on the tires...I didn't have the patience to put the mounts on them yet lol.

Thanx for looking. As I get parts, i'm like a kid at christmas...can't wait to open the new toys

Big John

Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I think i've got the color for the frames on thr truck and trailer.
It is stone grey metallic. It's not pewter, but is a medium dark shade.
And I think it compliments all the shades of blues.

Thanx for looking, and comments welcome.

Big John

Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Apprentice

Yeah I think that could work well man. Will you get the fenders done to match the body?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Yeah I think that could work well man. Will you get the fenders done to match the body?
Hey thanx SWAGGER, I will paint the fenders to match.
I can't take all the credit for the color, my wife Cindy helped me, God Bless Her.

Big John