RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-05-2012, 06:41 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Well... not necessarily Greg, I had intended to take a foot of soil from the floor too. I guess I'll tackle that when I return to the house in 15yrs.

Continuing to make good headway on the wall, pulling up alot of big boulders as well as lots of little rocks too. The "rock saw" idea likely wouldn't have worked too well.

This rock is near the wall and there is a much larger rock just in front that I can't budge yet after digging down 3 inches around it. The 850 will pop it out eventually.

Gonna have to start screening soon, running out of room down below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhTvRuLPp0c

Joe
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

In a week or 2 you might be able to drive the 850 down to the screener!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
BANNED

Probably a month T9, I'm going on vacation next wk for ten days.

I popped that boulder out finally last nite, it was a lil bigger than the bucket. Got lots of loose soil tore up & stacked atop the wall, push it off later with the dozer or wheel loader... makings for another movie.

This wet clay is gumming up my track pads so they don't articulate properly. Hoping they clean out when the dirt dries. Motors sure have lots of torque to muscle thru the binding and no problems with loosing a track either.

I saved this 3 minute video in high definition (80mb/minute), much better clarity than any previous vid I've made. But a ten minute video would be a huge file to upload, it'd turn my 4G into peddle internet again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39TuUoaU6c

Joe
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe-I always enjoy watching your videos because as an operator you are so smooth and efficient. And since you have done this so much I'm guessing you get bored with it sometimes but I think it would be great to have a long term project like this. I just have a small pile of dirt in my shop and after about-5-min. of digging with my shovel I get bored. But now I have my truck to load so that may help some but nothing like what you have going on. Your work provides hours of good entertainment.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
BANNED

Thanx Tom, that's what drives me the most about this hobby, workin 'em!

When they break down I sigh, now I gotta get dirty.

Lately I have been down there 4-5hrs every night, but there are times, like last month that I didn't go down there for a couple wks. The ambition comes & goes.

Joe
Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I had been wondering if it was possible with the RC version to move the undercarriage and assist with the boom, stick and swing like when on the 1:1. I figured it wouldn't be easy since you use your feet and two hands.... Nice job Joe.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
BANNED

Thanx Ben, but if I had "pedals" to plug into my radio, then I could do it much easier without stopping.

I now have the loader on a Spektrum radio capable of ch mixing, but unfortunately the DX6 only has two mixes. The bucket tilt is not mixed with the pump, so I have to use the lift to activate pump... I need atleast the DX7 for three mixes or leave the pump on all the time for fluent control.

2nd half of vid shows the adt stock piling wet lumps in the area I was excavating last winter... the dirt is currently too wet to process thru the crusher, it'll just plug it up. Likely I'll just haul the majority of this stockpile outside when the weather warms up, I should have more than enough dry fines to backfill with when the remaining crib wall is built, hopefully in a few months.

http://youtu.be/Ewz5m12RW9A

Joe
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM

kcjeepn is on a distinguished road

This process is a long but well planned show. Great to watch!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
BANNED

Nothing really planned kcjeepn, I just make it up as I go along. Thanx for the compliment.

It's been above seasonal temperatures here for nearly a month, with alot of strong winds out of the south... however yesterday it was in the north & I spent much of the afternoon hauling this wet dirt out!

My dirt pile infront of the screener is right below the window opening, so I have to stand back a couple meters from where I normally look, ducking around the furnace duct work & drive blind some of the time. Alls went well, no crashes, got a mountain of dirt out!

Joe
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

keep up the good work joe and have fun on your holiday. or is every day a holiday not that you don't have your cow's to wory about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 AM
BANNED

I still have other things to do every week, but without cows I can leave for a few days at a time with no worries of finding some one to be here in my absence.

My 1st video using a GoPro camera. Pretty much point & shoot, no zoom, but a wide viewing angle. It must be the 100watt light bulb to my right that has made it look black & white?

It's nice having a large memory card, edited 36minutes down to 15 for this video. Took a long time to download from camera to puter - 2.1gigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD6R8...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM

hitachi is on a distinguished road

nice video Joe
but if a bossman ever caught me loading a dumper like that id be fired on the spot
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Another great video Joe. The helmet cam is a good idea. You do have alot of trust in your 2.4 gig radio, one glitch and your Volvo/740 would be over the cliff and in a world of hurt...
That is the shortest haul I have ever seen, hope the operator is only getting paid half his normal wage...lol
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
BANNED

I think I have done a lot of things in the basement mine with the equip that would have gotten me fired in real life hitachi, but don't tell anybody.

That DX8 has never glitched Greg. A very fine radio to use & setup for these constr models. ...the shortest haul? you're one of many that have made that very same comment... I never gave it a thought at the time, just what a savings it would be not to drag the dirt twice before sending it over the edge.

It seems my photobucket account has been over used lately! The pics I was gonna post today may not appear... it kinda blew my mind to see 9000+ views on my Scale4x4 thread in the last week alone & I've had nearly 50 subs on youtube this wkend, mostly cdn & Sweden.

Also, I got a PM on Scale from an aussie internet news media wanting to interview me about my basement excavation... don't know why the sudden popularity?

Last week, I got the pile cleaned up from below the wall.

Then I piled some dirt high in the opening behind the water heater, what I mined out last winter, make room for more stock piling... I don't want haul out any more dirt till I get the south wall backfilled... wouldn't it be goofy if I had to haul dirt back in?

Dribbling some water again last week to soften up the dirt on the wall.

Was ready to go on the wall again last night when all the sudden I see oil dripping off the bucket. Turns out I have a small pin hole leak on the backside of the bucket cyl barrel.

I go to plumber tomorrow morning to get the right kind of solder necessary for repair and maybe a lesson too to do it correctly.

Joe
Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Hay Joe looks like you have been taking to many pics.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

I have soledered i think 2 of my cylinders, one on my excavator and one on the dumper, i used regular solder (what i use to solder deans and wires) and a mapp gas torch on its lowest flame setting, it was quite easy and it fixed the leak on both cyls.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe- looks like you are steadily making progress. I have never heard you say before but given the climate you live in, is your basement heated?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe,
Your models have made news here in Australia.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/841...ent-using-toys
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road

I think the sudden popularity is due to someone posting your basement dig
on dfw mustangs forum.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I am sure someone has asked this question before,

What controls do you use to move your excavator's undercarrage with. Do you switch your controls over and use your joy sticks ?

greg