RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Indy Truck Show 2011

Show fee for all attendees is around 5 and pit pass is another 5 so 10 gets you access to the 'city' and this year that's from setup to tear down - you could run for 66 hrs straight if you can handle it......
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Izzy, that's great! I hope my batteries and thumbs hold up that long!! Do you have frequency pins? What about the 2.4 gig radio's how do you handle/control who's using/on/running? Is there a radio impound area, or just using frequency pins to see who's on/running?

Just wondering.

Thank you,

Jim
Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Backyard enginier

We use frequency checkers - they constantly scan and display which are being used. They radios like the spectrum which self regulate / switch chanels get a free pass.

Also - for the security staff use there is an fm system mounted in the ceilings - occasionally there are trouble spots and interference areas - then tend to be small but still troublesome

Izzy
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Izzy, thank you for the clarification and information. I'm sure thier were other truckers were wondering too.

Thank you,

Jim
Old 07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

Now that it's getting closer I marked it down on the calendar.

I've never been to an event like this.

- Jeff
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Backyard enginier

Jeff - it's a really great time to meet others, share ideas, boast about your goof ups, and have a great time.

It may sound like to some that we be missing a lot of 'city stuff' but in the recent years we didn't have room for all the city stuff due to the number of trucks and equipment.

So bring your ride, a couple bucks and have a ball. Stay up late, drink some, and meet some of the guys you here about. And most importantly get up and close to some of these fabulous trucks and such.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Jeff, we just met this past wknd with a bridge, a pile of dirt, 10 members and 20 trucks..........so load up the family wagon and c'mon.

Rob
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM

kyleandtavion is on a distinguished road

Man that is so cool. Does anyone know if there is anything similar on the west coast.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Page 2
East coast rod has agreed to buildings and parking lot but no bridge( huge bummer there)
Central plains has committed to primarily trucks

I am planning on blueshirts warehous dock and a minor gravel pit with conveyer set up.

Yet to be really figured out is roadways!
In the past we've used rics tar paper set up. But that likes to push and pull about. Smaller sections with lap joints help but only so much. We discussed about just tape lining roads but it's pretty cheesy.

Post your thoughts and ideas - remember - were setting up indoors in a 'fancy' hotel - so fresh dirt and those ideal concrete roadways are out - or are they?

Thanks izzy
Hello Chris
I just talked to Ric about the this years schedule .
I understand that you all had decided to brake up and start packing up stuff already on Saturday night , loading on Sunday morning . Basically no playtime this year on Sunday.
So everybody would make it back home sometimes Sunday night .
Is this correct ?

When do you plan to be in Indy ? you gone bring blueshirts warehouse-dock right ?
Since I would like to incorporate it again like the last 2 years with my warehouse stuff .

I guess we skip the train-stuff this year ?
But I probably still bring a few feet track and a couple rail-road-cars , just to create like a dead-end track around the warehouse setup for additional loading action .
If you guys think we may want to have ( just a straight track ) going along side from the windows , so nobody has to step or drive over it , let me know and I bring more tracks .
Old 07-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Backyard enginier

Willy -
I don't specifically remember a conversation about packing up to leave out early Sunday - last I knew the show lasted until noon Sunday. If the show changes hours we will definitely change ours as nearly all do it anyway.

Railroad - let's try not to have any at all. I know it seems like we have more space this year over last - but we have yet to get a feel for how this room works for us. I hate to see you lug it and not use it or even worse to have a small couple sections that cause a fall or damage to your stuff.

I plan on showing mid morning on Thursday or earlier. Leaving when it's all packed and cleaned Sunday

I am bring three heavy tarps for rubber pits- and maybe some boards or something for " walls" around them. Ric always had nice layouts with indoor/outdoor carpet all over.

Anyone coming have some sections of I/O carpet - bring it along - or buy some well use it for sure.

Yes I'm bring the dock - I'd like to paint it up this week end - was thinking of a detachable wall sections for added realism - what ya think?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Willy -
I don't specifically remember a conversation about packing up to leave out early Sunday - last I knew the show lasted until noon Sunday. If the show changes hours we will definitely change ours as nearly all do it anyway.

Railroad - let's try not to have any at all. I know it seems like we have more space this year over last - but we have yet to get a feel for how this room works for us. I hate to see you lug it and not use it or even worse to have a small couple sections that cause a fall or damage to your stuff.

I plan on showing mid morning on Thursday or earlier. Leaving when it's all packed and cleaned Sunday

Wall-sections kind a cool , but on the other hand , remember the past view times , since we used Johns dock together with my platform , we had always trucks parked all the way around , using all sides for loading and unloading

Ric told me there would be no playing trucks on Sunday since Saturday evening we would start packing-up and have our traditional last get-together in the bar on Saturday evening as well . The “clubs” wanted it like that since most of them can’t take off Mondays from work and need to be back home Sunday evening .
I need to know what the plant here is .
Since , if we still planning to play on Sunday , then I will stay with my buddy Doug for another night and drive back home on Monday ( since I always hated this late night driving back home )
I am not sure we whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .
Can you check with the other “clubs” and figure out what the deal here is ,
since I don’t want to do this last minute hotel-change and work-schedule stuff.
I did send you a PM with my phone-number

I am bring three heavy tarps for rubber pits- and maybe some boards or something for " walls" around them. Ric always had nice layouts with indoor/outdoor carpet all over.

Anyone coming have some sections of I/O carpet - bring it along - or buy some well use it for sure.

Yes I'm bring the dock - I'd like to paint it up this week end - was thinking of a detachable wall sections for added realism - what ya think?
Wall-sections kind a cool , but on the other hand , remember the past view times , since we used Johns dock together with my platform , we had always trucks parked all the way around , using all sides for loading and unloading

Ric told me there would be no playing trucks on Sunday since Saturday evening we would start packing-up and have our traditional last get-together in the bar on Saturday evening as well . The “clubs” wanted it like that since most of them can’t take off Mondays from work and need to be back home Sunday evening .
Since , if we still planning to play on Sunday , then I will stay with my buddy Doug for another night and drive back home on Monday ( since I always hated this late night driving back home )
I am not sure with whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I plan on playing on Sunday.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRCmodels View Post

I am not sure with whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .

Ok guys , I would like to get this figured out now .
I just talked to Ric again and he , again , told me that some of you guys (( who ever was communicating with him about this years Indy show , Chris ( sorry I missed your call Chris , I just tried to call you back , but didn’t catch you either ) and somebody from the Eastcoast guys )) that they wanted to brake up Saturday evening so they would make it back home Sunday night .
My guess here would be that this was probably said from the Eastcoast guys ( , they have a long ride and since Ric couldn’t remember that at the moment who actually said that )
I would like to still play around on Sunday as well , even thought we all know that Sundays usually kind a dead , which is cool for us just playing around not actually pulling of a show .
Question now is only , who would still be there on Sunday ?
Remember guys , this time we have to do our own security , since we can’t lock this room !
Speaking of security , do we have already a few volunteers for this job ?
Staying up late is usually easy for most of us , question is only who is gone do these dumb hours , say like from 3:00 am till 8:00 or 9:00 am ?
And here is also one dumb thing with this security stuff , that usual last evening get-together with Ric , even those hours we need to cover some how , means who ever is gone do that , can’t be in the bar at the same time .
But I guess we have to figure that one out as we go and if we also include Sunday for play and then packing up , I don’t mind to do the part of the “stupid-hours” for security , since I could catch up with sleep Sunday to Monday night .
The main reason why I keep poking around on this , I like to have my hotel and work-schedule setup ahead of time and not ending up , because we decided to play on Sunday as well , having to change things in the last minute . Even thought getting a hotel-room from Sunday to Monday shouldn’t be a problem , since this time I would stay overnight again , leaving Monday morning , if we keep playing on Sunday as well .

Last thing ,
Do we actually know who is coming this time ?
Since from last years discussions and posts I remember that several guys mentioned not to be at the this years Indy show …..
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I plan on playing on Sunday.

Travis
that's cool CAT-man , I would like too !
Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I guess I don't see this year being any different from past years other than the security. Some do pack up on Sat and leave but there are those who like to stay and play Sun. I my self look forward to this show all year and plan to hang out and play as much as I can so I am going to play, not just going to say I was there.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I guess I don't see this year being any different from past years other than the security. Some do pack up on Sat and leave but there are those who like to stay and play Sun. I my self look forward to this show all year and plan to hang out and play as much as I can so I am going to play, not just going to say I was there.

Travis
Exactly Travis ,
That’s how I see it too . I just got of the phone with Chris . We discussed this security thing . This would be the only question for playing on Sunday as well .
We need at least more when just a handful of guys staying over till Sunday to do this .
Since we already know it’s gone be at least you , Chris , myself and my buddy Doug , and in this case Ric & Howy probably too , plus I am counting on Lynn and Dennis ,
and I would assume Ed from Canada stays too ,
we should be good . Hopefully ….
Still would be nice to see some reply’s from others to get a better picture on this .
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: Indy Truck Show 2011

guys I'm up in the air again on this I want to come but given the times and all the change taking place right now it may be hard so I can't commit till the last minute .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

Ed,from st.louis checking in.I will be there friday around 4 pm.

Ed
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

I will be there Friday eveing as usual.

Rob
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

Me and Travis should be there sometime friday around 4, have to wait till he is done showing at the fair friday morning before we can leave.

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers