RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Indy 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
We'll just have Rob sign them up!
Well we know who Rob will be finding first when he gets to Indy.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy;
Cost is $25 per driver for the weekend.

To put it in perspective it's about 1/3 of a nights stay in a hotel. Pretty reasonable I think.

Izzy
I would think for the ppl coming through the door to pay to see what you guys are doing, the show should be paying you guys to attend or at least given free space to set up... none of you are there to sell commercially after all, that was previously PMD's gig.

Joe
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

To put things into perspective....

This is not a cheap hobby and can easily spend hundreds of dollars on a build. What is 25 dollars to have the opportunity to share and interact with others? That's what the building is all about right?
Best 25 you could ever spend!
Wish I could go this year. Next year for sure, turns out the Canadian government has people in charge of getting citizens pardons and US waivers! They will do the leg work for me!

See you next year!

Mario
Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Craftsman

Smiley is on a distinguished road

do i get to get in free if i bring cookies and brownies . hate to hear that ur not gona make it mario. just let mama sue drive and you hide in a box
Old 05-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
do i get to get in free if i bring cookies and brownies . hate to hear that ur not gona make it mario. just let mama sue drive and you hide in a box
If I get my own bowl of cookies the same size you brought last year I will pay your drivers fee. THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR SMILEY SINCE I ALREADY KNOW HOW GOOD THE COOKIES ARE.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-30-2014, 09:47 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
If I get my own bowl of cookies the same size you brought last year I will pay your drivers fee. THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR SMILEY SINCE I ALREADY KNOW HOW GOOD THE COOKIES ARE.
Like you need more cookies!!!!!!!

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 05-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Smiley -that's a real bargain -

The room is the same size - we tried to get more space but the hotel took that to mean a break in contract and wanted to raise the cost of everything. So no deal for the promoter. Next year they are thinking of a different ballroom that is the same overall size (2x what we use) and it can be split into 1/5's instead of 1/4's so we could get more space.

The promoter fully understands that we bring in attendance to the show and that we are only there to have fun. But weak activity on our part on Sundays is a huge negative and puts us in a bad light.

Overall the collectors market is seeing tough times.

For the city however - we had 43 registered drivers in 2012 and 41 in 2013.

I have estimated at 40 drivers this year.

They are asking if we will commit to 2015 already and not knowing any details of what it could cost.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Smiley -that's a real bargain -

The room is the same size - we tried to get more space but the hotel took that to mean a break in contract and wanted to raise the cost of everything. So no deal for the promoter. Next year they are thinking of a different ballroom that is the same overall size (2x what we use) and it can be split into 1/5's instead of 1/4's so we could get more space.

The promoter fully understands that we bring in attendance to the show and that we are only there to have fun. But weak activity on our part on Sundays is a huge negative and puts us in a bad light.

Overall the collectors market is seeing tough times.

For the city however - we had 43 registered drivers in 2012 and 41 in 2013.

I have estimated at 40 drivers this year.

They are asking if we will commit to 2015 already and not knowing any details of what it could cost.
Howdy guys
I fell of the grid for a while , way to many work-projects , with too much traveling has been keeping me away of doing any hobby projects since last year.
But the Indy show is a must !
I am glad Izzy & Co got the ball rolling that we still have a Indy R/C show even without Ric .
I plan as usual , arriving sometimes on Thursday and staying till Monday.
Maybe I can manage this time to arrive earlier on Thursday to help with the setup ( besides unloading my own clutter ).
As for the Sunday deal , I always wanted to do this longer on Sundays ,
but as we all remember , besides our own stuff , we had to brake up a pack up all of Ric's stuff . Maybe we can get this year a few guys staying longer , pack up in the later afternoon on Sunday , or even in the evening .
I am not driving back home before Monday anyways .
Do we have this year again all the cool loading docks ?
I sure hope so .
Looking forward to seeing you all again and having a good time !
Old 07-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Backyard enginier

Default Re: Indy 2014 - Aug 21 - 24

Willy - long time no chatter

Yes both loading docks as was last year.

All - it's just 4wks away! Get your hotel arrangements made. Do some networking and share a ride - it truly makes the trip better to have others to share with.

Those still running crystal based radios - be sure to bring extra crystals.

Those hoping to run a generic rc car please listen to the following. We appreciate your love of this hobby. We certainly will help you become a better modeler. But this event is expected to be a model truck and construction show. By that we are trying our darnedest to put on our best attempt at scale activities. These trucks need to operate at scale speeds. 1:1 heavy trucks don't run over 50 - 70mph which scales out to a stock tamiya semi in first gear or less. In day to day terms - less than a slow paced walk. So the off the shelf back yard basher is just way to fast for the city. The space is tight and every driver is responsible for the damage they do to others. So, I am sorry to say this is not a sand box - this is a model show - and the lesser toys need to stay at home. I do not mean to offend, but rather to explain as clear as I can what is expected of us all.

Attention all - even though our late night fun time has gone on without fatal error or complaint - we do need to be extremely careful about injury and hotel damage. We have had some close calls, and I expect everyone to keep our safety incident rate at the level it should be.

So is everyone ready for the largest construction rc event in the USA? Hope so - time is ticking away.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road

Sounds good Chris ( = loading docks )

and great idea to post these info's ,
since that can't be said often enough !
Maybe we even could make up some flyers to hand out to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Willy - long time no chatter

Yes both loading docks as was last year.

All - it's just 4wks away! Get your hotel arrangements made. Do some networking and share a ride - it truly makes the trip better to have others to share with.

Those still running crystal based radios - be sure to bring extra crystals.

Those hoping to run a generic rc car please listen to the following. We appreciate your love of this hobby. We certainly will help you become a better modeler. But this event is expected to be a model truck and construction show. By that we are trying our darnedest to put on our best attempt at scale activities. These trucks need to operate at scale speeds. 1:1 heavy trucks don't run over 50 - 70mph which scales out to a stock tamiya semi in first gear or less. In day to day terms - less than a slow paced walk. So the off the shelf back yard basher is just way to fast for the city. The space is tight and every driver is responsible for the damage they do to others. So, I am sorry to say this is not a sand box - this is a model show - and the lesser toys need to stay at home. I do not mean to offend, but rather to explain as clear as I can what is expected of us all.

Attention all - even though our late night fun time has gone on without fatal error or complaint - we do need to be extremely careful about injury and hotel damage. We have had some close calls, and I expect everyone to keep our safety incident rate at the level it should be.

So is everyone ready for the largest construction rc event in the USA? Hope so - time is ticking away.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM

Actros4160 is on a distinguished road

I have joint this event last year for the first time and felt right at home. I looking forward to the show. It is nice when people share the them interest as yourself.
I hope my controller is back from repair for my cat345 excavator. After flooding it in oil and cleaning it with alcohol the controller was not working anymore. Sad, but that is life.

I will see you all in Indy.

Bernd
Old 07-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

I've designed a "business" card that is being reviewed now, so we will have something to hand out. Also, working on a couple of signs to put up. A brochure would be good, if someone wants to work on one. Looking forward to that weekend! Ken
Old 07-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i won't make it this year neither but maybe a few of us canadians will crash your party next year ..of course crash not being the operative word i know all to well about that ...poor little Zeus
Old 07-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Backyard enginier

Dwayne - bummer this year is out for you - but understandable. Looking forward to next year then

Bernd - hope your up and running soon.

Ken - kool idea
Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Hotel booked! (early for me) I even got an extra bed in case I want to have some alone time with one of your guys' models.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Hotel booked! (early for me) I even got an extra bed in case I want to have some alone time with one of your guys' models.
That's just creepy OH HIGH NATE!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'll be there with the pit hog . I'll even run it on 7.4 so the lil 1's can keep up got my room booked .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 AM

djcrabtree is on a distinguished road

So can anyone with truck bring them and operate as long as we pay the fee to get in. This will be my first time with this kind of thing, thanks for the help and info.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:00 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrabtree View Post
So can anyone with truck bring them and operate as long as we pay the fee to get in. This will be my first time with this kind of thing, thanks for the help and info.
Certainly! Read Izzy's guidelines above and ask questions if there's any confusion. I'll go ahead and pre-apologize for the money you're going to spend after we fill your head with ideas at the show.