RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: You can stop building trucks now, Tamiya Grand Hauler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
For those of you who want this truck, I found out some good news from Tower Hobbies. They say it should be available late February in stead of late March. Now here's the really good news...The price has been dropped down to $449.97. That is more realistic imo. Just thought I'd share this with you all. And now I can say early birthday present for me.

Big John
I'm so happy it's less than $450. I was a little shocked by that first price of over $600. I need a new build to start on.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

The price has been dropped down to $449.97,not bad for a few extra inches
and chromed plastic parts
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
I'm so happy it's less than $450. I was a little shocked by that first price of over $600. I need a new build to start on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
The price has been dropped down to $449.97,not bad for a few extra inches
and chromed plastic parts
I agree with you both.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:48 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road

Thankgod they dropped the price. Tell em they're dreaming for $600.
But thinking about it critically, for $450 its worth it:

The new front and rear bumper, and a few extra chrome pieces probably use about twice the plastic that a KH bumper sprue has, and at market prices, thats probably worth about $15-20 retail.

The stacks appear to be aluminium, with a plastic base. Given what we pay, and what Tamiya probably can manufacture for, i think a $20-25 price tag on those is reasonable. Not forgetting that it means they dont need the regular 'holed' shroud on the KH kit.

It has a lengthened main drive shaft, i'd say about 4" longer, which is over twice the size of the stock one. Retail i'd put a $10 tag on that.

The rails, again an extra 4" or so, but they're not really new, just cut differently. Given what we pay for a set of long rails, i'd put a $10 retail tag on the extra.

The rear fenders are the biggy. Having made some from styrene, theres a lot of plastic in a pair, plus they're new molds etc. Retail, i'd expect to see a pair of those going for around $25-30.

Thats around $80-100 worth, add in the cost of new molds, manufacturing, additional box costs, storage/freight, and all that, then maybe call it somewhere in the $90-110 range, and throw a few bucks on for just extra profit, call it $100-120..

Given King Haulers got for around $330ish, then $450 i think is a justifiable price.