RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 12-17-2014, 11:01 PM

pyrosrock is on a distinguished road
Question Buying an Excavator

First of all sorry if this has already been covered but i couldn't find it.

I am in the market to buy my first construction RC. I have been thinking that i would get a 4200xl from RC4WD but upon adding to cart found that shipping to AUS would be $750

So i thought i would consult the forum.

I am looking for an Excavator to buy. electronics i can do but this would be my first time with hydraulics and so am looking at getting something that comes with all the hydraulics.

If people could point me towards as many options as are possible.

If the 4200xl is the best option then so be it but thought i would ask first
Old 12-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying an Excavator

Unfortunately all the other excavators jump up in price quite a bit when compared to the 4200xl.
There is also a cheaper excavator called KAT sold on buychina. Com I'm pretty sure the 4200xl is a better machine but it's worth to look at for the price and it can be upgraded to be at least as good as the 4200xl.

Last edited by liftmys10; 12-18-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:30 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

You might want to chat with rcbrmin(I have found them to be pretty good):
http://www.rcbrmin.com/112-scale-met...rtr-p-728.html

Or CSMI from Perth... Others have used them, I haven't.

You might want to confirm what if any upgrades you should get, and make sure you know what fluid to use, and get some with the machine...

Cheers,
Andrew P.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Unfortunately all the other excavators jump up in price quite a bit when compared to the 4200xl.
There is also a cheaper excavator called KAT sold on buychina. Com I'm pretty sure the 4200xl is a better machine but it's worth to look at for the price and it can be upgraded to be at least as good as the 4200xl.
yes i have seen that one, but, i cant seem to find anything out about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcam2 View Post
Hi Guys

You should go have a read of this topic, it a wright up by Oztruck on the Kat.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=8062

He pick up a Kat for $1830.26 to his door, It has hydraulics, running gear and a controller.

Regards Cameron.
The only thing i could find was this but the link is dead and it seems that the user oztruck does not exist.
also on the site that sells the kat there is a review by "lostinoz" saying to take your money else where, but no details other than damaged in transport, parts missing
Old 12-18-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfubar View Post
You might want to chat with rcbrmin(I have found them to be pretty good):
http://www.rcbrmin.com/112-scale-met...rtr-p-728.html

Or CSMI from Perth... Others have used them, I haven't.

You might want to confirm what if any upgrades you should get, and make sure you know what fluid to use, and get some with the machine...

Cheers,
Andrew P.
yeah thats not bad, it looks like the 4200xl the same as rc4wd sell.
what upgrades do they need?
Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

http://fumotec-shop.de/modelle/komat...0-10/index.php

Would be my purchase if I could go back to the beginning. I purchased a 4200 from rc4wd because I could not afford the extra price at the time. If I would have saved a bit more been I would have purchased the fumotec excavator. I do not have one but I do believe they are a hearty machine and detailed well. I'm currently revamping my 4200 , but on other hand I'm sure I would be doing something to make it better or more suitable to my needs.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Would be my purchase if I could go back to the beginning. I purchased a 4200 from rc4wd because I could not afford the extra price at the time. If I would have saved a bit more been I would have purchased the fumotec excavator. I do not have one but I do believe they are a hearty machine and detailed well. I'm currently revamping my 4200 , but on other hand I'm sure I would be doing something to make it better or more suitable to my needs.
wow that is one nice excavator!

can i ask you what you are doing to revamp your 4200? do you have a thread on what you have had to do to upgrade it or maintain it?
Old 12-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrosrock View Post
wow that is one nice excavator!

can i ask you what you are doing to revamp your 4200? do you have a thread on what you have had to do to upgrade it or maintain it?
His thread is in the worksites area . Go towards the last pages to see the refit.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
His thread is in the worksites area . Go towards the last pages to see the refit.
thanks for that, just finished reading the whole thread.

anyone know where people get the pressure gauges and filters from?
Old 12-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Wow that fumotec is $6000.00 if I sell my car and eat PB&J for a year
I might have the funds. even if I blew my tax refund I might fall short on $$
unless you have money to burn no toy is worth that much
Old 12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

its all what your into man, look how much some of have rapped up in one or more trucks
Old 12-19-2014, 07:54 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

I think they are all good machines the 4200 might need some tweaking, I've seen alot of premacon machines operate very fast and I don't like but I guess it's just some tweaking needs to be done on the radio. the Germans are very good but it boils down to how much you want to spend and if how much detail you want etc...
I have a buddy that operated one for a living and has the 4200 and LOVES it besides the cosmetic it's a brute it's very powerful he redid his also varios are powerhouses but are huge fumotec is also very nice premacon another one that is very nice don't know how much power they got but they are beautiful machines you also got Damitz very detailed and they are some more out there just depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much detail you want in your machine I won't say they are toys cause they are not and what ever price they go for is upto the individual if they can and want to spend that much I am not gonna knock no machine which ever one you choose I bet you will enjoy it, some people like Chevy some like Ford some like imports so it's all up to you I personally got the KAT just the bare machine and will use the 4200 internals and bust redoing mine also.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

It's a lot of money but cabs is right. Most of us have other toys in our garages that cost as much or more and we don't even think about it. I personally will probably never spend 6K on a kit of any kind but I have spent tens of thousands on equipment, tooling, hand tools and an inventory of parts so that I can build my own stuff. Everyone has a limit as to what they think is reasonable to spend and some of us have a harder time getting the money together for a big purchase like that so the savings matter more than the details.

pyrosrock, whatever you buy I hope it makes you smile when you operate it. That's all that really matters!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 PM

thanks guys,
because it is my first experience with any rc hydraulic equipment i thought puting feelers out to a community in the know would be a good idea,

i also thought that if i got everyone's knowledge in the one place i might be able to put it together and have the info like there is the first big rig buyers guide

me personally am not crazy into all the scale details like some people are. i just want to have some thing functional so i can enjoy my self and do some work.

Tags
buying, excavator, help required