RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

About valves, it looks huge. Have you concidered other valves like HAWE? They have different sizes:

www.hawe.de/us/products/produ...-spool-valves/

I have serie 1 for the blade and ripper control (4 functions) and serie 2 for running (one each to hydraulic motor).

Dan
Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 AM

izzzul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
About valves, it looks huge. Have you concidered other valves like HAWE? They have different sizes:

www.hawe.de/us/products/produ...-spool-valves/

I have serie 1 for the blade and ripper control (4 functions) and serie 2 for running (one each to hydraulic motor).

Dan
Wow, it looks neat Dan. I hv prob to find the best part here locally, finding elsewhere would cost me more, the parts plus a bit for shipping and what if it now to my satisfaction.., so i turned to industrial equipments....a bit higher on rating, but i'll have room for upgrade/improvement in future (i hope).. the valve block plus the servo/actuator arm is still within the main cab height, that a big relief actually..

afterall, mostly all parts are ready item on shelves, so in case of breakdown or upgrade, i just need to swap the kits..re-print the metal parts at machine shop..or build some for my group mmber
Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Hi all,
just came back from long holiday (Chienese New Year)..everybody here enjoyed 1 week off...nice to be out of work...

Started doing some final touch on the hydraulic system, below is pic of our stock control valve, bracket for servo unit will come later this week I hope, will be a std metal geared servo, testing 7kg and 14kg max stroke capacity...more than enough to operate the valves i think.. the spring assembly at bottom picture will be removed as the servo will be self-centered to neutralize the valve control..putting the system into idle...also making the whole assembly a bit smaller...

Also some final cosmetic touch up on Hyd lines to avoind excessive bends or over-travel

You can also see more at my webpage below:
http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/p/komatsu-excavator.html

Last edited by izzzul; 01-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Very nice work on this huge machine. From watching the undercarriage videos it looks as if you don't have any type of tension on the tracks. Is this something you think will be a problem in the future or do you have other plans?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaparts View Post
Very nice work on this huge machine. From watching the undercarriage videos it looks as if you don't have any type of tension on the tracks. Is this something you think will be a problem in the future or do you have other plans?
oh! that should not be a big problem for me...maybe later i can change to bigger/higher spring tension as to improve this..good catch
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Looking good! what diameter are your cylinders? and what size are your hoses?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Looking good! what diameter are your cylinders? and what size are your hoses?
Carp,
It's 20mm bore size cylinders (35Bar Max) with 1/4" Nilon hoses..
Refer this link

Azizul
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 AM

Jigglepin is on a distinguished road

That is an amazing piece of machinery you have there that would be useful in a landscaping project!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 PM

The CNY holiday is longer than i thought...many shops and supplier still close and not much of progress for last 2 weeks..here are some final re-arrangement of main cabin and final touch..(cabin cover will be ready soon..).

The 4mm X 6mm nilon hoses are now taking shape on the top of main boom, with one piece bracket holding them togather..

Main hyd cylinder are now been installed with the right ones (CHMC 20-125)..plus the nilon bracket holder at the bottom base plate to hold all 4 lines for the main boom arm.

Main control valve is now at final location, compact and neat arrangement, pls note the Al bracket to hold all the servos to control the spool valve for the arm..take note the main battery and hyd oil reservoir are line up at back of the main cabin.

Control arm attached to spool arm of the hyd control valve...metal servo, 15kg

Same progress you can see here

Last edited by izzzul; 02-07-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM

Sneak preview of the main cabin..more details will come..

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM

And now, moment of truth...all system in place, time for full hyd test...see video below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yisNP1oMhE
So satisfying as all functions are running per my expectation, the hyd movement should be smoother as we exercising this unit more often, as the o-rings and seals are yet to be fully intact/seasoned. Main cabin cover is now under final touch up on powder coating while second excavator unit is going to be ready fast..Pls note, the digging park is just a small end corner of a flatbed lorry, not much space here...still it runs ok....need more sand here.!! Looks shakky a bit due to poor terrain condition/stiff slop and cabin counter-balance weight is yet to install at the back of the main cabin...should be dead stable...this 50kg monster...I hope

Pls comment my dear master, i need input here to improve further, if any..
Below is my customized radio, can do up to 10channels...4 sticks, 2.4GHz!

Check my blog as well for more pictures..
http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/p/komatsu-excavator.html
Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

sweet radio is it 2 5 channel ? It looks like what I've been thinking will work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
sweet radio is it 2 5 channel ? It looks like what I've been thinking will work
You are right, i think of no other way to mimic real machine does, so i'd combined 2 6Ch 2.4GHz radio...it's 12Ch then now i realized...few other function and switches that i can add on....thumb knob wheel drive on top left is actually controlling the engine throttle (aka motor for the hyd pump) which i can start/stop or increase/decrease independently..running at 15 to 25bar now.

i hate to see it without the main cabin cover, 1 week or so to be ready..while second unit is coming on very fast..exact carbon copy of this one...so i'll have partner to play it now...plus the VOLVO dumper truck..

Last edited by izzzul; 04-01-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Valdosetti is on a distinguished road

Hi Azizul! My name is Setti and I`m new on the forun. Your machine is amazing!. I`ve been looking for more than 3 years so far on all web sites and I haven`t seen any model like yours. It`s truly amazing! I did biuld my own excavator a year ago but now I dont even want to see it anymore. It became too slow with wdc pump and valves. Would you please tell me where you bought your control valve, hydraulic pump and motor? I love the combination, it looks just like my real excavator on high speed. Great job and enjoy!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Nice portable sand box! Look's like it run's alot smoother now.

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdosetti View Post
Hi Azizul! My name is Setti and I`m new on the forun. Your machine is amazing!. I`ve been looking for more than 3 years so far on all web sites and I haven`t seen any model like yours. It`s truly amazing! I did biuld my own excavator a year ago but now I dont even want to see it anymore. It became too slow with wdc pump and valves. Would you please tell me where you bought your control valve, hydraulic pump and motor? I love the combination, it looks just like my real excavator on high speed. Great job and enjoy!!!
Hi Setti,
My mc is not that great compared to some others here, still newbie here too. Like everybody else, it's all about patience and determination i guess..my parts are locally sourced, they all are industrial/machinery/gadgets , some info that i put on my blogspot are the true direct OEM/regional distributor, or you can Google them to order. If you want me to order these for you, send me a private msg for the details what you want, i'll order/courier some for you. Besides, i'd already ordered another set for second excavator build, thx

Last edited by izzzul; 04-02-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

nice work, it seems to be working very well with that industrial valve block in there, what sort of run times are you getting with it?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
nice work, it seems to be working very well with that industrial valve block in there, what sort of run times are you getting with it?
Not sure if i understand you perfectly, on the clock, we hv been testing the hyd for about 3-4 hrs since the build, so it should be running smoother when the spool valve/seals/cylinders is 'soften/seasoned' i think, need more time to play with it, still got other build coming along too, limited time..this valve is used in small hyd machinery like small size forklift and mechanical assist tooling. it's reliable of course (big and heavy build block).. plan to boost up the pressure using 1.4 or 1.6cc hdy pump, same is size, just ratio-ing different.

Last edited by izzzul; 04-02-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzul View Post
Not sure if i understand you perfectly, on the clock, we hv been testing the hyd for about 3-4 hrs since the build, so it should be running smoother when the spool valve/seals/cylinders is 'soften/seasoned' i think, need more time to play with it, still got other build coming along too, limited time..this valve is used in small hyd machinery like small size forklift and mechanical assist tooling. it's reliable of course (big and heavy build block).. plan to boost up the pressure using 1.4 or 1.6cc hdy pump, same is size, just ratio-ing different.
He's wondering how long the battery last's, before recharching?

Cheer's, Neil
Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM

Oh!, according to supplier, it should last 30mins++, but yet to fully test it, kindda think about 20mins++ depending on your work loading/running style, let me test and confirm first. Fyi, i'm splitting the battery load by 2, that's why i'll hv 2 batteries, bigger one for hyd functions while the smaller one for undercarriage tasks. It should last longer i hope.

And I also planning to put 12VDC inlet power jack/port at back cover for DC cable to connect to a household transformer, so no need to worry about run time out, as you'll have continuous supply. it may not be that cool with the cable dangling around at the back, but i think it worth the fun, what do you think..?

Last edited by izzzul; 04-03-2012 at 05:36 AM.