RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

TINY-TRUCKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carson Goldhofer Low loader

hi tracy is that your new toy ?? wow thats a nice truck (mack) i think, i love what you did with the A- trailer & the carson low loader it look`s so real lol

cheers paul ps; yer i know there real one`s lololol
Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM

oldboy is on a distinguished road

Well wonders will never cease.My new low loader has finally arrived,and after unpacking I think I got a good deal for my 350 euro.

The deck is pressed steel which has been cleaned of pressing lubricant,admittedly it is not painted but which colour do they paint it bright red,dark red, white,light blue,grey,I would rather paint it myself and get the right colour but I have yet to see a Tamiya or Carson trailer which is painted also Tamiya trucks are not painted.
As for the deck timbers"If you don't like doublesided tape ""use contact cement""
As for the length,it is approx scale 40 feet long.

Remember this is a Carson trailer to suit Tamiya not a Tamiya trailer.

The airbags look close to correct admittedly they show the assembly of the suspension with the axle on top of the bag beam but there is nothing to stop you placing the axle underneath.But remember with axle underneath you will raise the deck by the thickness of the beam which could be to high.As for the tyre size,I don't think that you can get small tyres which are correct for 1/14 scale.

As for the plastic parts"How many plastic parts are there in a Tamiya prime mover kit"?

My only problem is there is no Toolbox But I'll make one.

In my opinion,I think some people expect to much,after all it is only a model.
If you want an exact scale model"BUILD IT YOURSELF"

I'm quite happy with it

regards Oldboy
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post

Remember this is a Carson trailer to suit Tamiya not a Tamiya trailer.

As for the plastic parts"How many plastic parts are there in a Tamiya prime mover kit"?

My only problem is there is no Toolbox But I'll make one.

In my opinion,I think some people expect to much,after all it is only a model.
If you want an exact scale model"BUILD IT YOURSELF"

I'm quite happy with it

regards Oldboy
Wow Oldboy you must be a salesmen for Carson. But others have their right to be unhappy with what they got compared to what was shown in the pics. Some here me included expect to get a quality model for our money, and had they advertised a pic of the actual trailer kit instead of the prototype then some potential buyers may have decided to get something else. Was it a marketing strategy, yes it was but it doesn't leave them with satisfied customers. We do have this section of the board for members to complain about just this sort of thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you like the kit then start your own build thread on your trailer and show us how nice this trailer can be with the kit that Carson offers.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11