RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcCracken15 View Post
What will you be using for drive motors on the shovel? I ask this because i once started an excavator abput that size and i still have to wheel chair motors and gear boxes. the type of chair that has two main tires that are controlled much like an excavator. if someone was interested i will trade them for some 1/14 scale trailers yrucks or just boxes of unused extras!!!!
I plan on using the same motors that I used in the 777 , two for the track drives and one for the swing.

I will soon start a build thread on the 1/12 PC1800 front shovel....sorry everyone for being out of touch for a while
Old 11-21-2015, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
I plan on using the same motors that I used in the 777 , two for the track drives and one for the swing.

I will soon start a build thread on the 1/12 PC1800 front shovel....sorry everyone for being out of touch for a while
Holy $*** you're back!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:52 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Holy $*** you're back!
LOL.....yes I'm back.....didn't really leave just havn't had much time in the past year to really do any building, only have time to read about what everyone else is building.... just not fair !!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:41 AM
Apprentice

Anyone interested in another big haul truck build keep watching Coopers build.....
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...996#post134996
Old 10-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
Thanks!!!

Thanks Lou.....yes it is a small hoist/crane...I originally built it to lift the D11 dozer on/off the work bench, turns out I need it more now because the dozer is just under 100lbs and the truck is just over with the battery...yup they are "chunky" ( and don't worry about the lift pulling the shelf down it's built chunky too!!! ) the lift will really be needed when I build the shovel, the way I build stuff I'm sure it will be "really really chunky"

Thanks.....the truck with the big battery in it is just over 100lbs (battery is about 10lbs)

Yes I have done some tests, here is a link to all my vids....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwrK...YjN3bEA/videos

Hey I just wanted to let you know , I pour over your thread many times and have to say that I maybe needing to make something like this also!!! So you started it!!!! And they keep getting heavier!! Me too!! Guess when we start getting lighter and shrinking our toys may also
Old 01-23-2017, 07:25 PM

od jhon deer is on a distinguished road

hello ive just been looking over your build nice job. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I would like to make a suggestion on your drive train chain. From your vid I could not really see a idler pulley. How ever I did think I seen a bushing. My suggestion is this replace the what appeared to be nylon with bronze this way you can cut a grove for chain to follow in and it will last three times as long almost maintenance free. Bronze is also called oil in pregnanted brass. I hope I have not affended you only making a friendly suggestion that's all