PDA

View Full Version : Form and functionality

InMyImage
02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
My name is Bill and I'm disabled as the result of a lumbar disk disintegration that injured my spinal cord.

I don't have any experience with r/c vehicles but I have a lot of time on my hands because I'm on permanent disability as a result of not being able to sit upright or stand for very long.

Started thinking about some sort of r/c equipment to help with tasks around the yard because I can't really afford to pay people to take care of things long term.

Saw some videos on youtube by DadsGarage FMAB which led me here.

Luck being what it is... the spider arm on our front loading washing machine broke and of course is not covered by warranty so I now have a washing machine to canabalize motors from and would love to hear what might be salvagable from it for a project like this.

I'm thinking about something like the Terramac RT9

http://www.constructionequipment.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_big_img/public/Terramac_RT9_Crawler_Carrier.jpg?itok=x-UBXtUp

Thanks and looking forward to learning.

Bill

sparkycuda
03-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Bill, welcome to the forum. Yes, it is a great place to learn and I've experienced nothing but good help when I've asked for advice. Crawler trucks are fun to watch and would make a great project.

Ken

thebigo
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Welcome Bill, this is a great Hobby and the people here will help you out allot.

David

1985 kenworth
03-16-2015, 11:27 PM
welcome bill you got the right idea..sometimes we have to use what we got and alot of times it works out pretty good ;)