PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New York

Andrew530
07-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Hey Everyone, I've been reading and searching through these forums for a couple of years now, and figured it was about time I introduced myself.

My family owns a 1:1 excavation company and the one thing that drew me into it was the equipment. I love operating the real stuff and when I found out about the RC versions I couldn't stay away. The projects on the forums are incredible. The machining, detail, and functionality you guys achieve blows me away.

After all this time of looking I finally decided to take the plunge. I've decided to start with an excavator and a truck. I wish I could build them myself but currently I'm looking for a good kit.

I was set on a Vario JD 850 but after contacting Frank from Fumotec, he informed me about his problems exporting to the US. He said he hoped to have it resolved in 8-10 weeks. So now I'm deciding whether to go with a Premacon or wait for Fumotec.

Either way I hope I'll have a build to share with you in the future, and in the meantime I'll keep admiring all the ones on the boards.

Lil Giants
07-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I hope you make the choice to wait for the JD850 b/c it's by far & away the best bang for your buck for its shear size & power that no other model kit today can compete with. Be sure to request the vertical swing drive from Frank (I don't think it's listed as an option, but a far better choice for precise control without issues). And also the 516:1 ratio Como motors for the tracks... might cost a bit extra, but it's worth the hassle free enhanced performance.

My JD850 has been in service 4yrs this month, it has dug well over 15cy of hard ground & another 50 - 60cy loose soil with very little downtime.

Andrew530
07-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the tips, when I do order I definitely want to get it right. I really had my mind made up, and your project was the decision maker. The amount of work you've done with that machine is awesome. The only complaint I've heard about it is its too big, but I don't mind that.

Since the lead time on a Premacon is 8-10 months it really doesn't make sense to jump the gun over a few weeks. It was just a major let down that I finally got up the nerve to spend the money and then found out I'd have to wait longer.

bigford
07-11-2015, 05:21 AM
welcome to the group!! long island here

Andrew530
07-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks for tge welcome bigford, Westchester here.

1985 kenworth
07-19-2015, 10:11 PM
a huge welcome from your canadian friends ..welcome to the forum :)

Radio Control Trucker
07-20-2015, 01:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.

It's always great to have someone interested in construction equipment as well as tractor-trailers. This hobby benefits from everybody helping each other and sharing their talents.

Have FUN!!

- RCT