PDA

View Full Version : problen qith new flat bed trailer

jack van
08-20-2015, 01:09 AM
so i just finished building my first flat bed trailer 1st problem lol me lol it seems it pulls to the driver side in reverse and when it goes forward and i am sure it is not the driver well almost sure hehe :lol:. now before i fire myself i thought i would check here :D i think it might be the axles could be out a bit but i would like to know if there is a way to check out the alinement and sorry about the spelling :)i checked to see if axles are in straight but they are moved over to driver side by about an 1/8 of an inch to the driver side of rig but they appear to be straight.the trailer will move to driver side of rig about a 1/4 inch in the length of the trailer :jaw:

1985 kenworth
08-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Make sure when you tighten the u-bolts on the suspension that the leaf springs are straight ..they tend to shift when you tighten the u-bolts .after you tighten them you should hold them up and make sure they are straight.i had that problem with a tire rubbing and when i checked ..the leaf springs as i was tightening them shifted to one side so the axles went on crooked...hope this helps :D

jack van
08-20-2015, 12:13 PM
:D thanks kenworth i will check that out

jack van
08-20-2015, 03:44 PM
so next problem i put a small load on trailer of 3 pvc pipes of 2 inch diamiter at 36 inches long and now when i run the truck it sounds like the tranmission is getting stripped so i am yhinking of replaceing it so does anyone know where to find one :bounce:

jasonthekid
08-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Make sure the shift rod is moving in and out completely. It likes to wiggle around and unscrew the rod ends from your servo linkage. Also check that the set screw on the drive cup haven't come loose allowing it to slip.

RCP57
08-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Might be the set screw on the pinion making contact with the trans gear.

jack van
08-20-2015, 09:16 PM
thank you jason and rcp will check both out

fhhhstix
08-23-2015, 08:45 PM
so i just finished building my first flat bed trailer 1st problem lol me lol it seems it pulls to the driver side in reverse and when it goes forward and i am sure it is not the driver well almost sure hehe :lol:. now before i fire myself i thought i would check here :D i think it might be the axles could be out a bit but i would like to know if there is a way to check out the alinement and sorry about the spelling :)i checked to see if axles are in straight but they are moved over to driver side by about an 1/8 of an inch to the driver side of rig but they appear to be straight.the trailer will move to driver side of rig about a 1/4 inch in the length of the trailer :jaw:

If you are driving on carpet that is normal the carpet makes it not run strait.

jack van
08-24-2015, 12:22 AM
thanks fhhhstix