PDA

View Full Version : Trailer parts

Mikem
10-24-2015, 01:58 PM
HI all if this is in the wrong place let me know . I'm looking for the Tamiya Flatdeck trailer suspension , axles and mounting hardware , l don't need rims and tires . The big question is where to buy these pieces is there a store , web store, a private seller . Just tell where to go politely . Thanks Mike

tamiya fan
10-24-2015, 02:47 PM
You can use part #s (more than one) and search for it online. If you have the part #s try at Tamiya USA. Some times they are out of stock on items, sometimes not.
The place I like to shop for what you are looking for is Semi Joes Truck Shop on Ebay. He will usually have the suspension in a FULL set or two to complete what you need. If not, searching ebay will bring some items up also. Part #s for the search is better results.

Try Semi Joe first! Great place for what you are doing.
Sorry so long but giving you the best options. Hope this helps you! Good luck with your build.

bigford
10-24-2015, 02:56 PM
semi joe on ebay good prices but kills you on shipping.
he charges you shipping on each part you buy.

mavrick0
10-24-2015, 03:04 PM
If you request a total from him he will send an invoice for shipping. About the only time he charges separate shipping is on stuff like frame rails. He ships them separate from normal parts which is usually cheaper.

bigford
10-24-2015, 03:27 PM
thats not true. i ordered a king hauler body,back panal, floor and
glass. requested total and was charged shipping for all parts.
each part was shiped seprate body in a box, panal,floor and glass in 3 padded envlopes.

mavrick0
10-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Wow, I'd have had issues with that. I'm just going from my experience with him and what I've ordered.

Mikem
10-24-2015, 06:17 PM
You guys trying to scare me !?

RCP57
10-24-2015, 06:34 PM
You may find that ordering the parts you need separately may cost almost as much as an entire flatbed kit.

mavrick0
10-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Reg has a good point there too. Actually seeing you are in Ontario you can pick up a pole trailer from the zoom room in Newmarket for $230cdn. Keep what you need and sell off what you don't.

Mikem
10-24-2015, 07:09 PM
In Newmarket I was there last Saturday and the bleeding Internet search said there only rc shops in Markham aaarrrggghhh and when I got of on the 7 all there was is construction so I went to George's trains and they would only except US currency at par . I'm from Ottawa did they think I was a dumb _____ from out of town ! Morons sorry for the rant . Mike

Mikem
10-24-2015, 07:12 PM
BTW Thanks Maverick0 Mike

mavrick0
10-24-2015, 07:45 PM
No problem. I find the zoom room tends to be about the only one in Ontario that actually carries a decent amount. Pinnacle in Markham has some as well as advanced in Scarborough but still nothing like zoom room. Georges trains has always been special in my opinion. There's better train shops to deal with then them.

A lot of times as well I'll order from JR-RC, Stellmodels and RCmart as well for parts and other stuff that I need in a hurry. JR-RC is almost always here in a week from Japan, stella and rcmart can be a little longer but at least the nice thing with them is there's no taxes when them come in versus stuff coming from the states and the 50/50 chance of get nailed or not.

kaptain Jack
10-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Don't get me started on Georges trains. I could write a book....
When ever you ask a question, the answer is: I don't know, did you buy this from us? or sorry we are very busy now, even though I'm the only person in the store!
AS for Joe trucker, I bought stuff on several occasions and got everything in one package super,super fast.

1985 kenworth
10-26-2015, 04:23 PM
peter is right Zoom Room is good for kits and parts .if you can get past the sarcasm from Dan and the moodiness of Henry..:lol:..i go there when i can because they stock parts :)

Mikem
10-26-2015, 05:28 PM
That sounds like George's trains . Moody miserable think they know it all p_____ks . I ain't going back ,I'll go to Mississauga and credit valley hobbies where there are more moody miserable etc but they have stock . Mike

mavrick0
10-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Lol, they may have stock Mike but they are way, way over priced. I would suggest Panther Hobbies over them and they like cash very much if you get my drift. If you come further west there's a couple of other good shops like ottervalley and just train crazy.

Mikem
10-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Ahh Maverick it's always trying to find these places use to be go in a town ,find a phone booth , find yellow pages , write down hobby shop addresses , go visit shops that's how I use to do it now if you don't have the right wording for a search there are no shops . I know CV is expensive but ........ The other thing is my travelling to Toronto is coming to an end as bad as Ottawa to much construction , until city fathers figure out they loss tourist dollars with all that crap I'll travel to smaller towns that you can actually drive around in . And my last point I think grumpy hobby shops are on there way out when the Internet is click and order no grumps . I've found friendlier persons on this site and others very helpful . Keep it up all and this site . Mike