PDA

View Full Version : New Dude From North Carolina!!

Tony Trout
11-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Howdy, everyone!!!

I've been here a while but had just now got around to posting an introduction and I apologize.

My name is Tony Trout - I'm a huge fan of "BJ & The Bear" or any shows that feature big rigs and would love to have either a 1/258 scale "BJ McKay" rig & reefer trailer or larger - but I know that the larger size models run into serious money so....that may not happen for a while.

Sadly, I've been disabled since birth with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus. I weighed two pounds and nine ounces when I was born and you could literally fit me into the palm of your hand. I wasn't supposed to survive but - if I did, I wouldn't know anything or anyone and I would live in a vegetative state for the rest of my life - but God had other plans and I'm now 39, a Type II diabetic, with the same health issues but I also play music and play several instruments:

Guitar: Acoustic/Electric/Electric Lead/Bass/Fretless Bass/B-Bender/Lap Steel
Drums
Piano/Keyboards

I'm also a singer. I was working in a band at one point who got the chance to open for Marty Stuart ("Tempted", "Cry, Cry, Cry", "HummingByrd", "Western Girls", and other hits. "HummingByrd" is an instrumental piece honoring the late Clarence White of The Byrds -- of which Marty owns the guitar he used to play onstage. We opened two shows for Marty and I got to put "Clarence" (Marty names his instruments after the people who played them before he bought them) around my neck and the first thing I noticed was that the guitar is very heavy because it has the first B-Bender that Gene Parsons machined and put together. Because the mechanism couldn't fit inside the guitar, an extra back had to be fitted to the guitar to make it work.

I hope this picture shows up:

Sped74
11-19-2015, 10:39 AM
welcome aboard, i new here myself

NORM
11-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Welcome