PDA

View Full Version : Magom D11 hyd ram ratings?

dozerbuilder
12-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hi, dozerbuilder from aussie here.

I wonder if anyone can help me please regarding the lift-ratings of these Magom aftermarket ram sets for a Bruder D11?
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic-kits-for-cat-d11/523-cylinders-kit-for-bruder-d11.html

Reason being I've run into strife with the 7 x Firgelli's I bought last week and are considering ditching them and going hydraulic. The 26AWG wires are very stiff and just a few wiggles of the wires and they pull off the internal PCB's. At first I thought I had been a little rough in handling them but now I've changed my mind on that. The Frigelli's have very good strong pull/lift and do the job nicely, but the structural design is less than their strength and has pulled the piston end out of another so I've screwed 8mm rose joints in there with an added prayer. The wires cannot be soldered back onto the pcb successfully so I've had to solder them direct to the motor terminals, by-passing the cut-out at full extension/ retraction. Chinese made GRRRRRRR - I'm kicking myself for blowing $500 on these - my mistake.

The total blade lift required is 6kg (13.2 lbs) across the two lift rams. The 4-barrel ripper requires a total of 10kg (22lbs) to lift it over-center from the ripper drawbar pivot pin point. Measured accurately on a digital pull scale. Down-pressure is no issue, both are heavy enough to penetrate.

Photo 3 attached shows the blade . Photo 2c show the ripper angle.

So to know the lift capacity if the Magons would be a good starting point in assessing the switch to hyd.

Thanks in advance, all replies appreciated.

Lil Giants
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Doesn't say in your link what bore they are... you should contact the company directly to get a definitive answer for what max pressure they're rated for & the bore, and then the math is easy to calculate from there.

dozerbuilder
12-06-2015, 03:08 AM
Doesn't say in your link what bore they are... you should contact the company directly to get a definitive answer for what max pressure they're rated for & the bore, and then the math is easy to calculate from there.

Thanks for your reply Lil Giants. I looked at their site for that specific info before I posted here, looking through the English side of their site, maybe its there on the German side?. I'm surprised they don't show it, it's kinda important product info to know. Can be a little difficult asking on a German site.

Maybe someone else has the answer, still looking.

Rimrock
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Some rough estimates...If assuming the kit consist of Magom's smallest standard rams with12 mm bore, and about 5 mm rod. (Best guess is that this size, at least, are used, but to know 100% you need ask them) Their new small pump gives up to 18-20 bar (~kg/cm2)
2 rams pushing; 2x 1.13 cm2 x 18 bar = 40 kgs
2 rams pulling; 2x 0.93 cm2 x 18 bar = 33.5 kgs

Rough estimates as mentioned, but 6 & 10 kgs should not be a worry

dozerbuilder
12-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Some rough estimates...If assuming the kit consist of Magom's smallest standard rams with12 mm bore, and about 5 mm rod. (Best guess is that this size, at least, are used, but to know 100% you need ask them) Their new small pump gives up to 18-20 bar (~kg/cm2)
2 rams pushing; 2x 1.13 cm2 x 18 bar = 40 kgs
2 rams pulling; 2x 0.93 cm2 x 18 bar = 33.5 kgs

Rough estimates as mentioned, but 6 & 10 kgs should not be a worry

Hey thanks Rimrock. That's a great help. And that's their smallest bore size as you mentioned. They have 18 and 22mm bore too - need to check with them as you advise re sizes of the D11 kit but even the spec for the 12mm looks good + quite a margin of reserve capacity. I'd probably go with 4 x 22mm for the 4x barrel ripper and tilt and maybe the 18mm for the blade lift. I'll check with them as Lil Giants and yourself has suggested. Not sure if they communicate in English but no doubt will find out soon enough.

Thanks.

Rimrock
12-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Hey thanks Rimrock. That's a great help. And that's their smallest bore size as you mentioned. They have 18 and 22mm bore too - need to check with them as you advise re sizes of the D11 kit but even the spec for the 12mm looks good + quite a margin of reserve capacity. I'd probably go with 4 x 22mm for the 4x barrel ripper and tilt and maybe the 18mm for the blade lift. I'll check with them as Lil Giants and yourself has suggested. Not sure if they communicate in English but no doubt will find out soon enough.

Thanks.

Yeah they have the larger rams too. The dimensions are given on their webpage, so you can evaluate what sizes looks better visually on your dozer. They communicate in English.

dozerbuilder
12-07-2015, 04:26 AM
Yeah they have the larger rams too. The dimensions are given on their webpage, so you can evaluate what sizes looks better visually on your dozer. They communicate in English.

OK thanks for the heads up Rimrock, appreciate your input. My dozer in 1:1 is just a little larger than a D11 in 1:1 so the D11/Bruder kit size will look pretty good in 1/16th. I'll get the dims and do an update here for the benefit of anyone else looking into them.

Thanks.

dozerbuilder
12-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Update: Here's the specs direct from Magon;

Customer message: I ask about Cylinders kits for the Bruder D11 - MG-50100401.
(1) Can you tell me the diameter of the kit cylinders eg:, they all look same dia/size? Is it 12mm? 18mm? 22mm?
(2). Can you tell me the kg lift-capacity of the blade lift and ripper cylinders please.

Thank you.

Reply: Thanks for contact us and be interested in our products. The cylinders for the D11 are 12 mm bore.
They can handle up to 25 bars of pressure. The lifting capacity is difficult to say, it depends on the angle, pump pressure, flow, etc.

Any doubts, questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again,
Best regards

So it appears the blade lift rams and the 4 x ripper barrel rams are same dia?