PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for that new guy.

TexasRC
02-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Hello All,

I would like to have your recommendations for a 2.4GHZ radio system, servos, 7.2 battery and charger and anything else I may be missing. I will be getting the paint, AA batteries, tools and glue soon.

This is my first RC semi. I appreciate your feedback and help.

I currently have the following:

1) Tamiya Grand Hauler kit
2)Tamiya MFC01
3)Tamiya ESC TEU-302BK (on the way in the mail)

mcl fabrication
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
If you have a MFC01 unit, you're are not going to need the ESC-302BK because the MFC01 unit has a ESC built in. The MFC unit is a all in one component.
I personally like to use FLYSKY FS-CT6B it is a 6 channel 2.4GHZ with analog trim, digital proportional radio perfect for working with the MFC unit. You will enjoy having the 2 extra channels there is always room for upgrades on your truck, its better to have than have not. You can purchase it on EBay for $20.00 to $50.00.
As for the battery don't use Lipo or LiFe battery's with the MFC unit. Just use a good premium 6cell battery. Use a smart charger only, most chargers can detect parameters in your battery, But you want to use a charger that will stop charging the moment it detects something is wrong with the battery or connections. This will indeed stop any fires, over charging, battery or charger damage, and will save money in the long run.

jack van
02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
the only thing to consider also that i can add is a radio mith model memory and maybe 9 channels that way all you will need in future are the receivers and servos for any future models :D

TexasRC
02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys for the great suggestions. Do you all buy your receiver and servos off Ebay?

buff69
03-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Hi TexasRC what tools have you got for your build ?

jack van
03-10-2016, 12:53 AM
hi there i have a dx 18 with 2 receivers and about 6 servos hehe i currently have 1 king hauler with flat bed trailer 1 dump trailer and trommel in builds but the radio is so awsome when i finaly get it figured out it is gonnal be awsome i think it should be the only radio i need unless i get a grader :cop::rolleyes:

Cossett
03-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Hi TexasRC in regards to servos and recievers and other parts I try and get most stuff from LHS as if there is a problem they can advise on solutions to fix the problem if they can and your supporting the local businesses instead of buying it off ebay and paying the extra charges and no after sale support,
And welcome to the forum
I also use spektrum Dx6i as it has model match and allows me to run multiple trucks of the one radio, the hardest part is setting the radio up right to work with all the functions on the mfu , the other good part about the dx6i I have I was able to copy the settings from my first truck on the radio to my 2 model on the radio,
But we all have different radios depending on you preference of brand and settings avalable on different models........
Before buying your radio gear try and find a rc group in your area if possible and chat to then and see what they are running instead of buying something and finding it isnt compadable with your requirements.
Cheers Tracy