PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Semi - from South bay Torrance, CA

Magritte Transportation
03-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

I just got hooked on these Tamiya trucks after watching video of them like a crack addict.
Now I've bought a Grand and Scania R620. (building them as of today)
The Scania will be made (modded) into a firetruck. Any helpful tips are welcome and appreciated.

I'm so physic I found this forum. Everyone seems so friendly and helpful

Thanks All

Terry
Magritte Transportation LLC (lol)

tc1cat
03-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you think that the semis are addictive, wait until you see or get any of the construction equipment :eek::eek: I thought that a dump truck would be enough- NOT!!! Now I have 4 more pieces of equipment to go along with the original dump truck. Plus I would like more!!!

Enjoy to hobby!

Trucker Al
03-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Hi Terry.
Welcome to the forum.. I am in Redondo Beach. I have 12 tamiya rigs. Did you catch RCX two weekends ago?
Alan

Magritte Transportation
03-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Thanks, yes I'm already looking into some construction equipment, so many choices so little money left.... $450.00 for a truck (Grand hauler) and then a sound unit $279.00 hop ups....Wow what a expensive new hobby addition.

Alan- Thank you
Redondo! That's 10 minute from me.
I actually just found this site while injecting myself with some tamiya semi trucks videos and read the comments about RC truck & Construction. plus I would not have been able to go because i had cervical disc surgery March 15th. Doing ok... and wow! now i have a whole month off work) to indulge (build my kits)this new world.

I definitely will be at next years RCX. I'm a creative artist, so hopefully i may be able to bring some of my buildings/props. I joined (signed up) West coast mini truckers, but have yet to hear back from them. it'll be great to get a club going to promote the hobby and have large events like over in Europe.

Terry

Howie
03-26-2016, 02:38 AM
Hi Terry, welcome to the new hobby. I am in El Segundo and also got hooked pretty bad. I was at the RCX show and met Alan. I give train rides at Wilson park in Torrance. Let the fun begin. Howie.

Magritte Transportation
03-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Hi Howie,,
didn't know they had train rides at Wilson park, I'm 1 minute from there.
Yes this is gonna be fun and a chance to be a BIG/little kid and with realism added.

Northern Farmer
03-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the forum many helpful members on this board lots to learn :cool:

Magritte Transportation
06-13-2016, 08:56 PM
To all the truckers in the So Cal area i have a brand new Scania R620 unopened for sell.
Good price.
Also where are all the California mini truckers hanging out?
We really need to get a club going like the euros. I envy those guys. very well organized.

truckmandan
07-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Newbie here too, this is my first post. I am in simi valley whating for my stuff to come in the mail. I have wanted one of these for almost ten years and am finally doing it.

Howie
07-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Newbie here too, this is my first post. I am in simi valley whating for my stuff to come in the mail. I have wanted one of these for almost ten years and am finally doing it.
Welcome, what did you buy? New or used? Kits? Howie.