PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the great unknown!

Hwheeler1973
03-27-2016, 05:57 AM
Hello, my name is Jesse and I'm an addict...

I've been into RC's off and on sense I was about 13 years old. I'm now 43. Dang that's a LONG TIME! For a long time it was just buying a new RC and playing with it and repairing it when needed. Then came Facebook. A friend shared a story about a custom built Ford dually RC and I thought to myself, self, we can do that! That was about 2 years ago and now I'm hooked on the custom stuff more than I ever was the kits. I joined the rccrawler forum and have built 4 custom RC's now. A Chevy crew cab dually, a '67 GTO, A completely custom Southern Buggy and I just finished a custom copy of a real Jeep JK called Full Metal Jacket. If you are interested in those builds, I am hwheeler73 on that forum.

I call Springfield, Mo home.

I have been an over the road truck driver sense 1998. Again, that's a LONG TIME! A lot longer than I intended on doing it. But it's a living.

I do 99% of my building in my real truck, out on the road, during my down time. It can be kind of a pain in the you know what! While I'm out, as I build, I order the parts that I think I need. If I'm out for a couple of months then I end up stalled on a build because I don't have the stuff that I need to move forward. But I finish them eventually. I really enjoy the building process! I love the way it forces me to think a lot about how I can make something in my mind work in real life. My girlfriend, who was around a few drugies when she was younger says that I would've made an awesome tweeker. LOL! My mind just comes up with some off the wall ideas! And no, I never did, nor do I do drugs! Well except that one time. But I didn't inhale! <Yah, bad joke! LOL!

So after building the customs that I've done so far, I've decided that it's time to build a Semi. Trucking has been my life for a good portion of my life so it seems only fitting! I don't think I'll end up building multiple trucks. I've always wanted a real customized Kenworth W900L. Although I suppose I could actually do it in real life, I go into a lot of places that I'd never be able to get into with a truck like that and those loads pay too good not to do them because I can't get to them. So.... I'll build an RC version!

I've been doing some trolling and this forum really seems to be a great group of people with a huge amount of talent! I'm looking forward to being part of it!:)

sparkycuda
03-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Jesse, welcome to the forum! The folks on here are amazingly talented and willing to share their knowledge. It is a great place to learn and have fun.

Ken