PDA

View Full Version : Question about rear frame member

JamesBC
05-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Can someone tell me if this frame member (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLOY-REAR-BUMPER-CHASSIS-MOUNT-BL-TAMIYA-TRACTOR-TRUCK-SCANIA-R470-R620-MAN-TGX-/380619175298) will fit the Globe Liner and Grand Hauler frames.

I have never seen the Scania or Man so not sure if the frames are the same. Want one like it for a Grand Hauler build I have been collecting things for.

Thanks for your time.

Jim
Abbotsford, BC

Berman
05-13-2016, 05:35 AM
Frame rails are the same between all trucks apart from hole provisions for different ancilleries and the lengths.

Globe/King has the same mounting holes in the chassis rails for its rear crossmember bracket, so it should mount straight up, only thing is you would lose the factory rear bumper.

JamesBC
05-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Frame rails are the same between all trucks apart from hole provisions for different ancilleries and the lengths.

Globe/King has the same mounting holes in the chassis rails for its rear crossmember bracket, so it should mount straight up, only thing is you would lose the factory rear bumper.

Thank you Berman, that is exactly what I needed to know. Starting with blank frame rails and somewhere down the line will build my own rear bumper for it.

thanks again

Berman
05-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Oh ok if you are using some aftermarket blank frame rails then they might not have the exact same bends in the c channel and could require some light filing of the alloy part you posted above as it sits inside the rail at the back. Also obviously you would have to drill the two mounting holes either side for your screws (amongst all your others).

JamesBC
05-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Yep, lots of drilling and taping to be done. The frame rails are from Ric at PMD, love those as they are a perfect match to Tamiya rails, hence no filing off corners of items to make them fit.