PDA

View Full Version : Added a new skill for my students today!!

Dreamweaver
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Well today I added a new skill for my students..

How to handle an accident.

At 11am MST today, we had just stopped at a red light where we were going to make a right hand turn. The truck had literally just settled from the stop when we felt a rather hard bump.

The student looks at me, his face was ghost white. "Did we just get hit"

Yup, I said. wait here as i was getting out of the truck.

I got to the back and found a malibu had plowed into the back of the trailer. The air bags had deployed and the woman driving the car was awake but not very clear headed. She was a African woman that could not speak any English as we found out (her family was there in a matter of minutes) I tried several times to ask her if she was hurt.

The car was a lot worse than the picture shows. The car is sitting where it ended up after it had bounced back. If you look at the hood about in the middle of the hood is where the scratches from the under side of the trailer ended. The part of the car right behind the DOT bumper was bashed in to where I would say it went into the DOT bumper about a foot. We figured she was doing about 25-30 mph when she hit and there were no skid marks at all.

She refused medical transport and walked to a friends car. She was sited later at the hospital and nothing was done to the student. Well nothing but shaken up nerves anyway.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/MJDreamweaver/References/0120111106.jpg

-Mike

Rogue
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
A prime example of why these DOT bumpers were mandated. Without it her forehead would be imprinted with a tailight lens.

Stuff
01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
wow thats a learning experience!

Brel
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
ouch good job the rear bumper was there

Bigrigger
01-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Glad everyone was okay! I won't comment on the driver...:D Just kidding!
Now your student is ready for anything, well almost anything!:D