PDA

View Full Version : Noob help

Barker196
03-20-2018, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, been off and on here a bunch over the years. You could say I have wine taste on a beer budget! Haha anyways I have done a poor partial conversion on a bruder delta skid steer and just picked up a bruder D5 thinking it should be about the easiest and cheapest of all. I’m struggling a little with resources for parts and what not. I used servos for the drives on the skid steer and no matter how many times I adjust them I can’t keep them from creeping forward or back. Are there any other drive systems besides that and tamiya? Any of you guys in Utah that I could come learn some from?

frizzen
03-20-2018, 10:07 PM
On the servo conversion, either pull the Pot off and replace with resistor Y-bridge, then all the trims are done through radio. Or upgrade to actual escs or a mixing esc like a sabertooth

Sabertooth controllers seem to be the preferred esc for tracked conversions, they let you run both tracks on 1 gimble.

Barker196
03-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the input. I haven't heard about the resistor y bridge, I'll have to look into that. As for running an ESP on the servo, I guess you pull the wires off the servo motor and wire a esc to it?

frizzen
03-21-2018, 06:40 PM
2 matched resistors replacing the Pot, each goes outer leg to center leg.

First pic shows a before and after on a board.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12930

Yeah, with esc swap you can junk all the servo electronics, esc goes straight to the servo motor. If running more than 1 esc in a model, pull the Red ( V+ ) wire out of the Rx connector on all but 1 esc.