PDA

View Full Version : 360L Slew Motor Slop

Tkelleher
10-17-2020, 05:00 PM
Hi All,
Does anybody know of an upgrade to the 360L excavator slew motor?. Mine has a lot of slop when stationary. just adding a few upgrades like metal hydraulic lines and now would be a good time to also change out the slew motor if there was a good upgrade?

WJH308
10-17-2020, 09:13 PM
Hi All,
Does anybody know of an upgrade to the 360L excavator slew motor?. Mine has a lot of slop when stationary. just adding a few upgrades like metal hydraulic lines and now would be a good time to also change out the slew motor if there was a good upgrade?

I don't know anything about this particular excavator, but is the slop from a gear train? If so, it might be possible to switch to a timing belt and cogged pulleys, this will remove gear mesh slop. At greater complexity and cost, they do make anti backlash gears

skeeter
03-05-2021, 01:25 AM
A fellow PNWSTE club member says the slop is in the shaft that the slew ring attaches to. He claims he took a latex shop glove, & put it between the gear & the shaft. When I saw his excavator last gathering we had, there was a lot less slop in the motions. hopefully this helps!