PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Excavator Options

bassboy_pete
02-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone!
I Looking to purchase an all metal hydraulic excavator. But I’m having a hard time finding them. My search results keep including these cheap toy models. I am aware of the RC4WD ones. But I’m looking to see what others are available. I have a budget of around $3000-$4000. But that can go up a bit if necessary. Also looking 1:12 scale, and not 1:14 to match the truck that will be pulling it. Seen a few aliexpress units as well. Any other brands people are aware of? And where will be the best place to buy them? I am located in Canada.

Lil Giants
02-04-2021, 11:28 PM
RC4WD is the distributor for Eagle Machinery in China, many ppl have said it's best to contact & buy direct from Eagle Mach b/c if there's problems (and there usually is), RC4WD doesn't do shyt to help you fix whatever is wrong. Eagle Mach is in your price range.

If you want 12th scale, then you're building it yourself from scratch b/c every manufacture is either 16th or 14th. Some of what you see on aliexpress, they may claim 12th but it's quite likely 14th or smaller...

European models, better quality, smoother function, last longer without problems & parts failure. Fumotec of Germany is everything I run for the past 10yrs. Prices start at 4000 euro & I build the models myself from kits. You want6 RTR, they'll build it for you, but at additional cost. Here's the english version site, no prices given... http://fumotec-us.com/

Phantomize
02-05-2021, 09:49 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that aside of the Euro models costing more and being a bit better function wise is that the Chinese models has come a long way and the quality has definitely improved through out the years. And also a real big plus is the Chinese models all have full metal bodies which personally is what I prefer.

The Euro models cost A LOT more and the main bodies of the models are plastic / 3D printed / molded with parts like undercarriage and booms being made in metal.

Honestly I could never justify the price when the main portions of the Euro models are plastic. Again its preference.

pedrcri
02-10-2021, 09:41 AM
look at the aliexpress excavators like the Lesu PC360 or the CAT 374. they are around your price range. but you have to build them. if you want ready made look at the other 1/14 scale options on there.