View Full Version : VW Van 1/16

jerry56
12-09-2023, 03:02 PM
This ones for you Frizzen... right up your alley

https://www.asiarcdepot.com/products/cxd-d52-mini?ref=DIRECT

frizzen
12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
CXD D52.
That's a pretty sharp looking 23 window Type-2 vw!!! (Fisheye signal T1, righthand drive)

I really like how they got the steering shifting the body toward outside in a corner. This definately has a lot of possibilities

Looks like CXD and WPL really have come a long way from that first B-truck plastic-everything kit.

ddmckee54
12-14-2023, 01:47 PM
Oh man.... I gotta get me one of them.

That's what the first car I ever owned would have looked like when it was new. Not when I got it mind you, but when it was new. I got mine for $50 in 1974 - when I was 19. Been many times over the years that I wished I still had that thing, would have been worth a nice pile of change by now.

Paint it blue, add some lacing from the front of the doors to the front of the cooling louvers, then throw on a set of Buick factory mags, fiberglass cooling scoops, and a Beetle Boom-tube... You've got my bus. It was the 70's, what can I say? Got into my share of trouble in that bus. Not from the cops though, only time you could get over 55mph in that thing was downhill with a STRONG tailwind.

Yup... gonna get myself a Christmas present, and relive my misspent youth?

Don