PDA

View Full Version : Indy Truck Show 2011

CustomRCmodels
06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Who is coming to the this years Indy truck show in Indianapolis ?

http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2010/indy_2010_rc_truck_and_const.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2010/indy_2010_rc_truck_and_const.htm)

Izzy ,
as far as I know from Ric , you are involved in organizing for this year ?
I understand that this year the different clubs , like Michigan and the East Coast Truckers
and the local guys are planning on supplying the needed materials to build the road ways and city since Ric is just bringing his shop-display ….

Maybe we could start here with listing who is gone bring what ,
so we can get a plan together …

I am assuming that Izzy is already been working on that ?

jjackso5
06-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Willy, I think you're correct that Izzy (Chris) is working on this, but I believe that Stepside (Rod) are co-chairing this to coordinate the event with the other clubs/groups. I'm sure that after the East Coast show next week we'll begin hearing more about the Indy Show and what the needs and plans are. I'm planning to be available for "set-up and tear-down", though I won't be able to confirm this 100% until late July. I am planning to be at the show Friday and Saturday for sure at the very least!

I'm hoping that Ric will be able to have his display and continue his support for this hobby as he has been doing for many years now.

What other vendors/suppliers may be potential supporters? I'm referring to those that provide custom parts and/or other R/C releated types of products for our trucks and equipment. Do they get an invitation? How about the guys that are "vendors" here on the forum, how may of you are going to be able to come and what/how much area, if any, do you need?

What types of items do we need for the Event? How many of each type of unit/system do we need or have room for? Do we have the layouts from previous years? Or a scale drawing of the room with dimensions so we can do a layout? I think this a starting point list for the items, and I'm sure there are more, that we need to be thinking about for the show.

1. Bridge(s):
2. Quarry(s) also rubber and how much:
3. Conveyors?
4. Garage(s):
5. Warehouse (s):
6. Fuel Station(s):
7. Truck Stop Parking/trailer storage yard(s):
8. Rail Yard/track:
9. Road material? How much?
10. Vendor (Ric) in the main area, where and how much?
11. Aisleways: how wide, where, spectator area, etc.
12. Pit Pass/area, how many tables, power?
13. Participant parking for thier vehicles (full size) and the unloading area to minimize the "carry distance" for our models.
14. indoor/outdoor carpeting?
15. Registration/Pursuer, who's collecting fund (money) from the participants for the "Pit-pass", etc.
16. Name Badges? These could be simple tags that we put our names on with marker, or something more permanate if we know who's coming. They could be printed with a holder. This could be something that the participant could keep and use at other event too. Maybe have their Forum handle, name, club affiliation, etc. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I was just thinking out loud/print on what I thought would be areas for consideration for this show. I'm sure that I have missed many requirements, but hope this is a start. If we can list them and track them we'll make sure everything we need will be done and continue with this great show and its success.

Thank you,

Jim

tc1cat
06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Jim,
I will try to answer a few of your questions.

1) Pit passes/ registration is handled by the event organisor. We pay them for the pass to be able to run our trucks.
2) Parking for our full sized vehicles is first come/ first served. Most try to unload- with some help- and then try and find a parking space.
3) We run on the hotels carpet except where we put down the "road".
4) How everything is laid out is totally up to the guys bringing the structures. This year we are going to be in a new much larger area than before so where things are and how it is sectioned off is going to be done on the fly. I think Ric is the only one who knows where he wants to be set up at. Since this is Ric's show, I do not know how other vendors would be welcomed. He is paying for rc side of things and should be his call.

Hope this helps a little!!

jjackso5
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Lynn, thank you for the response. Yes I agree that this is Ric's show. I was thinking more of the suppliers/vendors that might augment what Ric provides, like radios, Horizon Hobby that's all. Also, how about the guys that are selling on the forum, they offer "additional/optional" items; or maybe they are more of the "swap shop type suppliers". But anyhow, I was just thinking out loud.

Still the question that Willy rasies has merit, who, what, and maybe where? So, who's brining what? Is there a back up, What are they bringing, and maybe you've answered it, but the layout, someone maybe Ric has as idea. I was only trying to offer some thought starters.

Thank you, I'll see you there as I said,

Jim

Panther F
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey ... when is this and the starting time?

- Jeff

fhhhstix
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey ... when is this and the starting time?

- Jeff

Check out this link. Click Here (http://www.gardentrucking.com/events.tpl?cart=13074029605595968)

Travis

Panther F
06-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Cool and thanks! :D

- Jeff

Izzy
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Willy, Jim and Lynn - your all correct.

Here's what has been put together.

Space - we have the open room that is across the hallway from our typical ballroom. It is long but a nice depth. We are planning to have drivers walking area along the windows and work tables to the right ( the cubby thats hard for the public to see. The far left cubbyhole area will be for Ric.

Layout - Ric is bringing his big bridge and two 50gal barrels of rubber. The plan is to layout the bridge a little cross angle in the middle. The major pit area under the bridge. Most dozers etc here. Roadways running basically the length but cutting in and out to off shoot pits and other areas.
- other areas - work shops, pit stops, buildings, etc as what people bring. Along the stretch of the space allowing good viewing for the general public.
- no specific area for any particular club. Let's all intermingle to show a general group feel. There's plenty of space for us all.
- remember we are at a construction toy show - so let's keep the auxiliary and similar themes to a minimum.

Vendors - if you want specific vendor space - see the promoters and buy a room space. Were there to run a city and show what our hobby is about. If you want to sell out of your trunk - your decision and your neck with the promoters.

Set up of the city is starting around noon on Thursday
Tear down starts noon Sunday
- please plan for this schedule - it's a 2-1/2 day show! This gives us roughly 72 hours of continuous run time.

What to bring - whatever you want that fits the theme. If it's too left field we may ask to leave it packed up.
There is power outlets but bring power strips and extension coards.
Tables and chairs are generally provided. I will contact Ric about how to verify.

Izzy
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Page 2
East coast rod has agreed to buildings and parking lot but no bridge( huge bummer there)
Central plains has committed to primarily trucks

I am planning on blueshirts warehous dock and a minor gravel pit with conveyer set up.

Yet to be really figured out is roadways!
In the past we've used rics tar paper set up. But that likes to push and pull about. Smaller sections with lap joints help but only so much. We discussed about just tape lining roads but it's pretty cheesy.

Post your thoughts and ideas - remember - were setting up indoors in a 'fancy' hotel - so fresh dirt and those ideal concrete roadways are out - or are they?

Thanks izzy

jjackso5
06-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Chris, there is a rolled rubber product that can be purchased in 5mm x 4' x 50' rolls. Depending on the amount of material needed this could be something to consider. Just thinking, if we needed 24" wide road we'd get 100' out of this, but if we only needed 18" wide roadway, then you'd potentially get 150' of road for the cost. This product can be purchased in black, then we'd have to add the stripes, etc. This product is durable, can be washed with a hose, and reused many times.

By the way, this is a simular product to that used for the "Truck Championships" in the UK recently. I had some correspondence with them about the material they used. The product that I decribed above is made in the USA from recycled rubber and carriers the LEED certification as well.

Anyhow, just a thought on the road question.

Thank you for your reply, that cleared up the question. My list was only to prompt a "check list" as you provided.

Thank you again, see you at Indy,

Jim

glorydays24
06-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I have a good chance to be there this year, and I need to know how much the pit pass is, and any other expense there might be?

Thanx, Big John

CustomRCmodels
06-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Chris, there is a rolled rubber product that can be purchased in 5mm x 4' x 50' rolls. Depending on the amount of material needed this could be something to consider. Just thinking, if we needed 24" wide road we'd get 100' out of this, but if we only needed 18" wide roadway, then you'd potentially get 150' of road for the cost. This product can be purchased in black, then we'd have to add the stripes, etc. This product is durable, can be washed with a hose, and reused many times.

By the way, this is a simular product to that used for the "Truck Championships" in the UK recently. I had some correspondence with them about the material they used. The product that I decribed above is made in the USA from recycled rubber and carriers the LEED certification as well.

Anyhow, just a thought on the road question.

Thank you for your reply, that cleared up the question. My list was only to prompt a "check list" as you provided.

Thank you again, see you at Indy,

Jim

Jim
I looked at there videos and photos … seams to lay flat ok …. ( that road material ) ,
Even thought you can see that they also had some wrinkles here and there ,
but not as bad as we usually have it with that paper material .
The tar-paper would be actually not so bad if we could keep people from walking on it !
But it takes a bunch of tape to keep the stuff on the carpet …

How much is that rubber material and where to get it ?
What is it actually called? and what is it usually used for ?

If I know where to get it , I would order some of this stuff up front to give it a check-up before we end up getting a bunch of this stuff and it may doesn’t turn out to be so good ..
Since you wrote that it’s about 5mm thick ! , I would assume it has already some weight to it to more or less lay flat … then would be just the question , does any tape stick to it ?
rubber can be very slick …. But since these guys used it , it’s maybe not a bad idea ….

CustomRCmodels
06-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Page 2
East coast rod has agreed to buildings and parking lot but no bridge( huge bummer there)

I am planning on blueshirts warehous dock and a minor gravel pit with conveyer set up.

In the past we've used rics tar paper set up. But that likes to push and pull about. Smaller sections with lap joints help but only so much. We discussed about just tape lining roads but it's pretty cheesy.

Post your thoughts and ideas - remember - were setting up indoors in a 'fancy' hotel - so fresh dirt and those ideal concrete roadways are out - or are they?

Thanks izzy

Hello Chris ,
Good deal with bringing blueshirt’s dock again , so we can do the same expanded ware-house setup like we did the past 2 years .

What’s everybody’s take on the train-stuff ?
Since we are this year in that other room , I could see the train-tracks going from one end to the other without the need for any crossings ? like a connection between 2 ware-houses or ware-house and ramp/unloading area ?

pigeonfarmboy
06-08-2011, 12:36 AM
I plan to be there with some equipment. Not sure what days will work out yet.

Izzy
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Willy - let me get some room specs and a sketch before I commit one way or another. If it is a yes we must make sure drivers have clear view and plenty of space. We must still fetch the occasional stranded truck quickly and easily.

We are going for a more open and long road style of city - where the trucks can stretch their gear reduced legs but still have good quality/ realistic environment for the trucks to interact with.

To pull this off we need displays buildings and carpeting to represent grass, water, and dirt areas......

rcguyfarms
06-09-2011, 07:18 AM
If the show layout is planned, is that how it going to be? In years past plans have never been implemented, just spur of the moment setup has been done.

jjackso5
06-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Willy, here's in one supplier of the rubber material for possible use as the "road". There are several suppliers that I searched, but as noted this is just one of them. The supplier has the material in 1/8 inch thick material, which I think is about 3.5 mm. Using a thinner material may allow for easier storage and transport as well as a smaller edge for the truck to pass over if they get off the roadway. Joining the material would have to be reviewed as we would want something that easily comes apart, possibly "blue painter's tape" on the underside of the material. Making curves would have to be thought out as more material would be needed, but again this is just thought and as way to "rasie the bar" improve the overall layout and operation of the city. Your thoughts?

Thank you,

Jim

jjackso5
06-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Chris, this sounds great. As you'll see I've answered Willy's post for information. As for the "grass, water" look, Home Depot and Costco have indoor/outdoor carpet at cheap prices. Maybe even Walmart would have some at cheap pricing to allow us to do this.

I would think that at least having some type of "idea on paper" of the layout would aid in the set up. Making this a bit more organized with a "plan". Afterall, the plan can always be modified, but atleast when you have something on paper you can talk about it before you start building.

Thank you,

Jim

Izzy
06-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Jim - Scott -

For the most part this has come from discussions with several regular attendees - but of course not all but especially Ric. As typical the city is for us to decide. I have talked the key people who have the 'big' items like bridges. The only bridge coming is Rics. Therefor it seemed logical to make it center stage. With the increasing number of construction equipment and little opportunity for hopper fillers it seemed likely to have a master pit and multiple small pits. Throw in the ever increasing number of trucks that are mostly parked (can only drive one at a time) and we tend to have a cramped set up. So I thought larger parking stretches with adjoining roads would give a nice presentation up front to the crowd with the activity just behind it and the drivers all the way in the back. This also keeps the pushy pedestrian out of the city.

As for the original question - it's just a plan - can always be changed.

For those wondering why I am leading - well let's just say I didn't step back with the rest of the group at the time.

Scott - what ya think? Or do we like all the curvy roads under the bridge?

jjackso5
06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Chris, thank you for taking the lead on this, and I know that Rod and other people are also involved in the planning. Yes, I agree that the beauty of a plan is that it can be revised at will/on the fly. But having a plan allows people to see, understand, and talk about the pro/con. It sounds like you have the dimensions of the room showing the doorways etc. so that will make it easy to sketch up what you're saying.

Cenrtainly, Ric is the center and will have whatever he needs. Do you have a dimension for Ric's bridge? How much time do you need for set up? As I said before I'll plan to be there from Thursday through Sunday to help. The only thing that could possible get in the way is an employment offer!!! But I'll handle that, if I get that lucky.

Do you need any, just houses for the layout? I've got a couple/few. If so, let me know I can provide pictures of them. Also, is Darryl bringing his weight station? We've used that here and its fun to see how much material each load is.

Let me know if there is anything you need that I can help with.

Thank you again for coordinating this event,

Jim

Izzy
06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Show fee for all attendees is around 5 and pit pass is another 5 so 10 gets you access to the 'city' and this year that's from setup to tear down - you could run for 66 hrs straight if you can handle it......

jjackso5
06-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Izzy, that's great! I hope my batteries and thumbs hold up that long!! Do you have frequency pins? What about the 2.4 gig radio's how do you handle/control who's using/on/running? Is there a radio impound area, or just using frequency pins to see who's on/running?

Just wondering.

Thank you,

Jim

Izzy
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
We use frequency checkers - they constantly scan and display which are being used. They radios like the spectrum which self regulate / switch chanels get a free pass.

Also - for the security staff use there is an fm system mounted in the ceilings - occasionally there are trouble spots and interference areas - then tend to be small but still troublesome

Izzy

jjackso5
06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Izzy, thank you for the clarification and information. I'm sure thier were other truckers were wondering too.

Thank you,

Jim

Panther F
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Now that it's getting closer I marked it down on the calendar.

I've never been to an event like this.

- Jeff

Izzy
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Jeff - it's a really great time to meet others, share ideas, boast about your goof ups, and have a great time.

It may sound like to some that we be missing a lot of 'city stuff' but in the recent years we didn't have room for all the city stuff due to the number of trucks and equipment.

So bring your ride, a couple bucks and have a ball. Stay up late, drink some, and meet some of the guys you here about. And most importantly get up and close to some of these fabulous trucks and such.

rc_farmer
07-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Jeff, we just met this past wknd with a bridge, a pile of dirt, 10 members and 20 trucks..........so load up the family wagon and c'mon.

kyleandtavion
07-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Man that is so cool. Does anyone know if there is anything similar on the west coast.

CustomRCmodels
07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Page 2

Thanks izzy

Hello Chris
I just talked to Ric about the this years schedule .
I understand that you all had decided to brake up and start packing up stuff already on Saturday night , loading on Sunday morning . Basically no playtime this year on Sunday.
So everybody would make it back home sometimes Sunday night .
Is this correct ?

When do you plan to be in Indy ? you gone bring blueshirts warehouse-dock right ?
Since I would like to incorporate it again like the last 2 years with my warehouse stuff .

I guess we skip the train-stuff this year ?
But I probably still bring a few feet track and a couple rail-road-cars , just to create like a dead-end track around the warehouse setup for additional loading action .
If you guys think we may want to have ( just a straight track ) going along side from the windows , so nobody has to step or drive over it , let me know and I bring more tracks .

Izzy
07-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Willy -
I don't specifically remember a conversation about packing up to leave out early Sunday - last I knew the show lasted until noon Sunday. If the show changes hours we will definitely change ours as nearly all do it anyway.

Railroad - let's try not to have any at all. I know it seems like we have more space this year over last - but we have yet to get a feel for how this room works for us. I hate to see you lug it and not use it or even worse to have a small couple sections that cause a fall or damage to your stuff.

I plan on showing mid morning on Thursday or earlier. Leaving when it's all packed and cleaned Sunday

I am bring three heavy tarps for rubber pits- and maybe some boards or something for " walls" around them. Ric always had nice layouts with indoor/outdoor carpet all over.

Anyone coming have some sections of I/O carpet - bring it along - or buy some well use it for sure.

Yes I'm bring the dock - I'd like to paint it up this week end - was thinking of a detachable wall sections for added realism - what ya think?

CustomRCmodels
07-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Willy -
I don't specifically remember a conversation about packing up to leave out early Sunday - last I knew the show lasted until noon Sunday. If the show changes hours we will definitely change ours as nearly all do it anyway.

Railroad - let's try not to have any at all. I know it seems like we have more space this year over last - but we have yet to get a feel for how this room works for us. I hate to see you lug it and not use it or even worse to have a small couple sections that cause a fall or damage to your stuff.

I plan on showing mid morning on Thursday or earlier. Leaving when it's all packed and cleaned Sunday

Wall-sections kind a cool , but on the other hand , remember the past view times , since we used Johns dock together with my platform , we had always trucks parked all the way around , using all sides for loading and unloading

Ric told me there would be no playing trucks on Sunday since Saturday evening we would start packing-up and have our traditional last get-together in the bar on Saturday evening as well . The “clubs” wanted it like that since most of them can’t take off Mondays from work and need to be back home Sunday evening .
I need to know what the plant here is .
Since , if we still planning to play on Sunday , then I will stay with my buddy Doug for another night and drive back home on Monday ( since I always hated this late night driving back home )
I am not sure we whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .
Can you check with the other “clubs” and figure out what the deal here is ,
since I don’t want to do this last minute hotel-change and work-schedule stuff.
I did send you a PM with my phone-number

I am bring three heavy tarps for rubber pits- and maybe some boards or something for " walls" around them. Ric always had nice layouts with indoor/outdoor carpet all over.

Anyone coming have some sections of I/O carpet - bring it along - or buy some well use it for sure.

Yes I'm bring the dock - I'd like to paint it up this week end - was thinking of a detachable wall sections for added realism - what ya think?

Wall-sections kind a cool , but on the other hand , remember the past view times , since we used Johns dock together with my platform , we had always trucks parked all the way around , using all sides for loading and unloading

Ric told me there would be no playing trucks on Sunday since Saturday evening we would start packing-up and have our traditional last get-together in the bar on Saturday evening as well . The “clubs” wanted it like that since most of them can’t take off Mondays from work and need to be back home Sunday evening .
Since , if we still planning to play on Sunday , then I will stay with my buddy Doug for another night and drive back home on Monday ( since I always hated this late night driving back home )
I am not sure with whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .

fhhhstix
07-29-2011, 10:54 PM
I plan on playing on Sunday.

Travis

CustomRCmodels
07-31-2011, 09:10 PM

I am not sure with whom he figured this out , my understanding from him was that he communicated with you about that .

Ok guys , I would like to get this figured out now .
I just talked to Ric again and he , again , told me that some of you guys (( who ever was communicating with him about this years Indy show , Chris ( sorry I missed your call Chris , I just tried to call you back , but didn’t catch you either ) and somebody from the Eastcoast guys )) that they wanted to brake up Saturday evening so they would make it back home Sunday night .
My guess here would be that this was probably said from the Eastcoast guys ( , they have a long ride and since Ric couldn’t remember that at the moment who actually said that )
I would like to still play around on Sunday as well , even thought we all know that Sundays usually kind a dead , which is cool for us just playing around not actually pulling of a show .
Question now is only , who would still be there on Sunday ?
Remember guys , this time we have to do our own security , since we can’t lock this room !
Speaking of security , do we have already a few volunteers for this job ?
Staying up late is usually easy for most of us , question is only who is gone do these dumb hours , say like from 3:00 am till 8:00 or 9:00 am ?
And here is also one dumb thing with this security stuff , that usual last evening get-together with Ric , even those hours we need to cover some how , means who ever is gone do that , can’t be in the bar at the same time .
But I guess we have to figure that one out as we go and if we also include Sunday for play and then packing up , I don’t mind to do the part of the “stupid-hours” for security , since I could catch up with sleep Sunday to Monday night .
The main reason why I keep poking around on this , I like to have my hotel and work-schedule setup ahead of time and not ending up , because we decided to play on Sunday as well , having to change things in the last minute . Even thought getting a hotel-room from Sunday to Monday shouldn’t be a problem , since this time I would stay overnight again , leaving Monday morning , if we keep playing on Sunday as well .

Last thing ,
Do we actually know who is coming this time ?
Since from last years discussions and posts I remember that several guys mentioned not to be at the this years Indy show …..

CustomRCmodels
07-31-2011, 09:11 PM
I plan on playing on Sunday.

Travis

that's cool CAT-man , I would like too !

fhhhstix
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I guess I don't see this year being any different from past years other than the security. Some do pack up on Sat and leave but there are those who like to stay and play Sun. I my self look forward to this show all year and plan to hang out and play as much as I can so I am going to play, not just going to say I was there.

Travis

CustomRCmodels
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
I guess I don't see this year being any different from past years other than the security. Some do pack up on Sat and leave but there are those who like to stay and play Sun. I my self look forward to this show all year and plan to hang out and play as much as I can so I am going to play, not just going to say I was there.

Travis

Exactly Travis ,
That’s how I see it too . I just got of the phone with Chris . We discussed this security thing . This would be the only question for playing on Sunday as well .
We need at least more when just a handful of guys staying over till Sunday to do this .
Since we already know it’s gone be at least you , Chris , myself and my buddy Doug , and in this case Ric & Howy probably too , plus I am counting on Lynn and Dennis ,
and I would assume Ed from Canada stays too ,
we should be good . Hopefully ….
Still would be nice to see some reply’s from others to get a better picture on this .

ihbuilder
07-31-2011, 10:13 PM
guys I'm up in the air again on this :( I want to come but given the times and all the change taking place right now it may be hard :( so I can't commit till the last minute .:(

heavy_duty
07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Ed,from st.louis checking in.I will be there friday around 4 pm.

Ed

rc_farmer
07-31-2011, 11:33 PM
I will be there Friday eveing as usual.

firefighter30
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Me and Travis should be there sometime friday around 4, have to wait till he is done showing at the fair friday morning before we can leave.

FabOne
08-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Diesel Kid (Alex) and myself (FabOne) plan on stay'in and play'in on Sunday morning. Like Travis said, we look forward to this all year and want it to be worth our trip. Those that want to head out after Saturday may do so. I understand the Looong hauls some of them have.

See you all on Friday morning!!

CrimsonCorsair
08-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I am planning on making an appearance on Saturday, though I will not be bringing my truck. I don't think I will have anything to show but boxes of pieces, which I am sure you have all seen before. Just look for Santa Claus, I'm hard to miss.

Izzy
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
We will have a drivers meeting before the first late night to get the finer points worked out. I suspect there will be more than enough helping hands to cover our needs.

Ric has committed to his big green carpet for the main pit. Along with road beds and the bridge.

Willy has his usual setup but sleuth just a rail spur by his dock fir effect.

I'll have surrounds and canvas for two small pits maybe three. A loading dock. And a spare dock if I can work it in.

I suspect a few others will have a nice garage (Daryl usually has his and maybe Rod).

Ric has scaled his booth back a bit this year so his setup will be less.

Izzy

woodhog
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I am planning on coming up early fri or leave thurs nite an bringing one with me along with 2 trucks 2 trailers an a skid sreer.If anything that can be baught for display needs let me know and i will purchase it.We just started a 3wk job out of town and wont have time to build much:)

tc1cat
08-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I am hoping to be there on Friday morning or around noon. I can do the late night security on Fri. and Sat. if there is someone else to help. Gets very boring by yourself:D I plan on staying until Sun. morning.

9W Monighan
08-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I am hoping to be there on Friday morning or around noon. I can do the late night security on Fri. and Sat. if there is someone else to help. Gets very boring by yourself:D I plan on staying until Sun. morning.

Security! Just run all night. Have a third shift:p At my show I ran my dragline till 11:00pm under the dusk to dawn light and my make shift boom lighting courtesy of Lowe's cheapo LED flash lights:D

CustomRCmodels
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM

AWESOME Lynn ,
I was hoping that you could make it and that you can do Sunday too , that's great . No worries , we have discussed this security thing and of course we have to pick at least 2 or more guys at a time for that.
I figured you would be one of them doing the late night / graveyard deal , cool .
The staying late shouldn't be a problem for some of us , including myself ( heck at my place we always play till 4:00 am or 5:00 am in the mornings , Lol )
it keeps looking better for the Sunday play-day !

Izzy
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Lynn - you won't be alone - I plan to log as many hours as I can handle. I'm figuring to order up some pizza for my night shift action

Just think - maybe we could have some night running for those with lights.......

CustomRCmodels
08-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Lynn - you won't be alone - I plan to log as many hours as I can handle. I'm figuring to order up some pizza for my night shift action

Just think - maybe we could have some night running for those with lights.......

The “night-running” is something I had in mind too .
Was thinking about to rig up some of my LGB street lights for battery-power ,
That would be a need deal to illuminate the warehouse or other work-areas for night action

Night-action is always fun !

Chris , here you see also a couple of these train-buildings I was talking about the other day and for night illumination I use battery-powered closet-lights

http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2009/151306c40.jpg

http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/e2306f40.jpg

http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/ee920570.jpg

pigeonfarmboy
08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
^^^^DIG IT!

9W Monighan
08-04-2011, 07:49 AM
That is some fabulous night time photography! ;)

rcguyfarms
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I will be there sometime Friday around noon and not leaving until late Sunday evening. I am ready for some nighttime rc trucking by headlights and chicken lights.

td9clyde
08-04-2011, 06:03 PM
i might not make it till saturday might even be there friday evening don't really know yet i will bring my terex dozer as for nothin else is working lol unless someone wants me to bring the others i can just let me know

CustomRCmodels
08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
That is some fabulous night time photography! ;)

Thanks ,
If you like night-photography of models ,
here a view links with some more night stuff
some I do even just in black&white
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2007/bog_a_rama_4_november_2007.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2007/bog_a_rama_4_november_2007.htm)
don’t want to highjack this thread here , therefore just a view links :
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/bog_a_rama_may_2008.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/bog_a_rama_may_2008.htm)
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/tankbattle_weekend_at_the___.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2008/tankbattle_weekend_at_the___.htm)
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2009/trucking_weekend_at_jakes_ju.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2009/trucking_weekend_at_jakes_ju.htm)
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Gardenrailroad/working_on_the_railroad.htm (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Gardenrailroad/working_on_the_railroad.htm)
I like the night-action & photography , easier to hide obstacles which shouldn’t be in the picture , or at least not as easy to catch for the average viewer

9W Monighan
08-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks ,
If you like night-photography of models ,
here a view links with some more night stuff
some I do even just in black&white

I think I have been on some of your photo sites before. Bravo, I want to do some night photography and video of my dragline someday.
I want to come to Indy someyear but I will need to have a big pile of dirt to play in.

CrimsonCorsair
08-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Can someone give some details on the auction shown on the PMD flyer for Saturday night? What is sold, who is selling it, do you need to have cash-in-hand, etc?

Although my budget is tight (which means non-existent unless I like sleeping on the couch - which could be worth it :D) I still have some items I am looking for and I am always a sucker for a good deal. Auctions are a good deal, right?

How about trading? If I bring spare parts are there folks there with spare parts they want to trade for?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to meeting some of you who have helped me out so much already.

CustomRCmodels
08-10-2011, 11:15 AM
That auction doesn’t have anything to do with us .
That auction is a part of the Toy-Truck’n-Construction show .
The flyer is done by Toytrucker , to cover the entire show/event weekend ,
not just us R/C trucker’s , we are just a part of this show .
In those auctions you find mainly diecast models in all scales .
Check out www.toytrucker.com (http://www.toytrucker.com/) to get an idea
and here is the actual auction-listing :
http://www.aumannauctions.com/index.php?subp=1&sct=2&pg=ap&pid=20794 (http://www.aumannauctions.com/index.php?subp=1&sct=2&pg=ap&pid=20794)

as far as selling and trading in between us R/C truckers , yeah , I would say there are always some items changing hands during this event. But I don’t think that anything would change hands for dumping prices , we all know what this stuff cost , therefore ,
if anything get’s sold or purchased , I would say it’s done by fair value .
What most of us mostly buy are some parts or even complied kits from Ric ,
but for that you better bring a full wallet , since quality has it’s price .

CrimsonCorsair
08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I am not looking to pay an unfair price for anything, sorry if it came off sounding like that. See you Saturday.

Izzy
08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Michael - no issue - many bring parts just for on the spot repairs - others bring what they don't need to either sell or nearly give away. And as willy pointed out - a complete model of varrying degrees of detail could be purchased.

Fir some - anything they have is for sale for the right price - others no matter the price it's not for sale.

Hope to meet you there.....

GerryK
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Carol and I will not make the show this year
Building a new house and just to many things to do

Every one have a great show

Gerry

Stepside
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Gerry,

That stinks! you will be missed... AGAIN! ;)

Hope to see you in October!

Snochaser
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I will be there on Friday evening and leaving on Sunday.

Ben

OhioFarmboy
08-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Sorry to say also that I will not be able to make the show again this year :( ..I had earlier thought i would be able to make it to the show..Just 1 of the many problems that pop up with me being paralyzed :mad:..Plus getting older and not healing as fast as I once did when I was younger..Will be looking forward to watching video's and looking at the pictures of the set up's and trucks..Give Ric my best regards and hope y'all have a great time..Randy.

Izzy
08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Bummer Gerry - I was looking forward to see what you have been up to........

Till we meet again

Izzy

ihbuilder
08-16-2011, 06:51 PM
have fun guys I'll be missing it again :( unless John and doug machinestnap me :eek: and hual my arse out there

td9clyde
08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I was hopeing yall would be there i am wanting to see all these great builds in person

SmallHaul
08-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Wish I could make it but, I can't.

Please take lots of video.:)

Snochaser
08-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Shucks!

Scott: I was hoping to demo a CAT tracked skidsteer and see the rest of your work.

Steve: Think of Indy as a marketing opportunity! You'll be stack to your butt crack with work! Not that you're not already.

SmallHaul
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Shucks!

Scott: I was hoping to demo a CAT tracked skidsteer and see the rest of your work.

Doug (Firefighter30) and his son Travis have one of my loaders and they'll be there so, you can see one operate in person.

MACK Daddy
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Indy is nothing more than a pipe dream for me :(

Enjoy fellas !

Alfy

Snochaser
08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Still would be nice to see all your models and meet you. You may have an order for one (skid steer) after the show.

Ben

fhhhstix
08-16-2011, 09:52 PM
I just hooked up the trailer and should have it loaded tomorrow to get an early start on Thursday for set up.

Travis

ihbuilder
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Shucks!

Steve: Think of Indy as a marketing opportunity! You'll be stack to your butt crack with work! Not that you're not already.

Hey ben your not too far from york , PA :confused: why don't you bring that skidder and we could do some timber clearing while they set the dragline up :p yea I think they'd make me pay for a booth

Brian in PA
08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Looks like I'll be there!

Brian

SmallHaul
08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Still would be nice to see all your models and meet you. You may have an order for one (skid steer) after the show.

Ben

Sorry, I just did the National Pike Show & My Sister and her family are visiting this weekend but, I would like to make it to Indy soon. Sure, let me know on the skid steer, I'll warm up the dremel.:)

Hey ben your not too far from york , PA :confused: why don't you bring that skidder and we could do some timber clearing while they set the dragline up :p yea I think they'd make me pay for a booth

Steve, a guy came up to me at the National Pike show and said our construction equipment demonstration was a big hit so they are making a large bridge next time so that we can drive over the boat pond. I think the pond is 30 feet wide or more.:eek:

ihbuilder
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Sorry, I just did the National Pike Show & My Sister and her family are visiting this weekend but, I would like to make it to Indy soon. Sure, let me know on the skid steer, I'll warm up the dremel.:)

Steve, a guy came up to me at the National Pike show and said our construction equipment demonstration was a big hit so they are making a large bridge next time so that we can drive over the boat pond. I think the pond is 30 feet wide or more.:eek:

it be nice to get more ppl there :)

Izzy
08-17-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm all loaded - early start out tomorrow to get the set up work rolling

Those coming early or not - Black duct tape

Well need plenty.....

Claus
08-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Where's the photos?

Panther F
08-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Not going to make it this year after having surgery a week ago yesterday.

Please take plenty of pictures for us!!

- Jeff