PDA

View Full Version : Modding a CAT Motor

MACK Daddy
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone know where I can find a link shows how to mod a 1/12 CAT motor to allow a tamiya can to fit inside of it

ANyone?

Alfy

spudd
06-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Your hero Matt did them LMAO

MACK Daddy
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I reached out to him but he says he has no time to help me out...I was wondering if there was some type of link lingering around or if anyone else had made this attempt to mod the CAT

Alfy

spudd
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
i remember seeing one in on of the posts but cant remember witch one

jjackso5
06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
There is a post here with the overview information on it. I don't know if it there was enough detail on what actually needed to be done though. Have you tried a search for the "cat engine" or something simular?

Let me know how yours truns out, please try to post pictures.

Thanks,

Jim

Espeefan
06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Zimm's Customs was the guy that I think you remember. He didn't really have a how to. He was selling these engines with the motor inside. I'm not sure he is very active here anymore. Some people weren't happy with his work, and others gave him a beat down on his builds, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has hurt feelings now.

MACK Daddy
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks Guys

Yup...It was Zimm's that did the mod, and he was the one I reached out to for the help but said he is way to busy :confused:..I checked this board and looks like everything he had posted is gone, unless it was not "permanently deleted" by an admin its no longer found

I had no harsh words for the guy when he was on here, I think he just coupled me in with the people that did critique or bash his work..It's a shame too, I thhought it was a great mod for the CAT egnine

Anyways, looking at the engine it looks like that there are rivets holding the two engine parts in place..Anyone ever take those rivets out?

Alfy

jjackso5
06-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Alfy, try sending a note or PM to Freddy, maybe he could find it in the achives for you and post it back to you. I checked a couple of other forums and could not find that posting. Maybe somebody copied it too, so give it a couple of days and maybe you'll get lucky.

Mike, Dreamweaver's post had some information too, but I don't think his post is available readily either.

Keep trying,

Jim

MACK Daddy
06-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Alfy, try sending a note or PM to Freddy, maybe he could find it in the achives for you and post it back to you. I checked a couple of other forums and could not find that posting. Maybe somebody copied it too, so give it a couple of days and maybe you'll get lucky.

Mike, Dreamweaver's post had some information too, but I don't think his post is available readily either.

Keep trying,

Jim

Thanks for the input Jim... Will try to see if FGD has anything left that hasnt been removed completely

Alfy

Cossett
06-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi Alfy, Some of matts threads are still here as I have been going through the board looking for cat pics and they are located in his build threads (its just a matter of doing it the slow way and that is going into each forum and going down the page and looking for his name and scanning the pages in that thread for the photo's, cause his name will not register in Search as he is no longer a member), but the actual thread about it with close up pics Matt deleted when he closed shop....

Cheers Tracy

SonoranWraith
06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
And guess who just posted the 1/12 cat teardown on 6/10? Dreamweaver on scale in tips and tricks.

Cossett
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Now that's is old news...

Cheers Tracy

SonoranWraith
06-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Now that's is old news...

Cheers Tracy

Aww c'mon it was only 2 days old at the time! :p

diddys trucking
06-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I dont know any one that modded a cat moter but im scrach biuldin a cat v8
for my kw w900 got a basic block so far . I will post a pic when i figure out how to haha

Tamiya Cowboy
06-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Alfy dont do that motor mod it looks like crap and the motor sits to high. Why dont you flip the motor around like I did in my black tri axle then you can butt the tranny up to the motor and then it looks much better.

fhhhstix
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Alfy dont do that motor mod it looks like crap and the motor sits to high. Why dont you flip the motor around like I did in my black tri axle then you can butt the tranny up to the motor and then it looks much better.

I agree Paul but I think you are to late he has already traded for one that was cut up.

Travis