PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum DX8

RCP57
06-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I was wondering if any of you guy's have used a Spektrum DX8 for running any of this stuff? I'm thinking of trading in my 3 month old DX6I on one because I now need another proportional channel to run my 4 in 1 bucket. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Reg

fhhhstix
06-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I have one as well as ihbuilder and we both really like them. It has a lot of great features and is well suited for the models we build. Remember that you can have your local hobby shop order you one in with both sticks spring loaded, spectrum will do it free of charge. All of mine were ordered that way DX6I, DX7, DX8 and the DX8 I got for ihbuilder.

Travis

RCP57
07-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the input. I asked the local shop about ordering a DX6i with the throttle springloaded and they said I would have to order it direct myself:confused:... but one of the guys did give me a spring from another radio and I think I can make the pins and other pieces myself to convert it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the DX8 has five proportional channels and one 3 pos switch right? This would be the minimum requirement for my current and future builds and I really don't want to have to upgrade again anytime soon.

Thanks Reg

pigeonfarmboy
07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Yep the Aux 3 knob is proportional. Many assignable 3 pos. switches as well.