PDA

View Full Version : Future Tamiya Rigs

Bsorenson79
07-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know or ever hear about new style 1/14 semi trucks that Tamiya that might or will come out?

A32Limited
07-23-2011, 07:01 PM
No, but now you've got me curious as well.

Bsorenson79
07-24-2011, 12:06 AM
I can almost be certain we won't see another US style or branded semi anytime soon. Tamiya is looking toward a larger market area with the sales of Euro style/branded rigs. I'd personally like to see a nice rendering of another US style/branded rig tho. The last US style rig we've seen was the Knight Hauler and that was little over 5-6 years ago?

I know it would be nice to see the new Pete 587 model.

fhhhstix
07-24-2011, 12:26 AM
They probably won't due to licensing and if you notice the Ford Aeromax is the only American style truck that has a real name on it and looks just like the real truck and the others are similar to American trucks but not exactly like one. Notice all of the overseas trucks are replicas of real trucks.

Travis

SonoranWraith
07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
The MAN TGX is the newest one and that has been out for a bit. I wouldn't expect we'll see a new model any time soon and I'm sure it won't be an American model like others have stated. The licensing just costs too much from PACCAR.

el barto
07-24-2011, 08:10 PM
i know, most of you guys like the us trucks, but here we're desperately hoping for the DAF XF or probably a benz or iveco.

but with the MAN released a few months ago tamiya is satisfied at the moment. it's the latest runner here un europe and the sales are great

kyleandtavion
07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
I would like to see more purposed trucks and I'm not really concerned what brand they replicate.

BRICKNICK
07-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Never say never gentlemen, they already liscenced Mercedes which we all know is owned by Diamler, which also owns Freightliner. So cross your fingers for a liscenced Freight Shaker. Not my personal choose in a manufacturer, but I want another us brand truck made.

peterbilt65
07-25-2011, 05:04 PM
all we really need is for someone to come out with many different cabs and sleepers that you can retro fit onto chassis so you would not have to do body work maybe resin or molded plastic . neil

Bsorenson79
07-25-2011, 11:35 PM
all we really need is for someone to come out with many different cabs and sleepers that you can retro fit onto chassis so you would not have to do body work maybe resin or molded plastic . neil

We think alike! I was wondering why someone doesn't make different cabs. That would be a hot seller. I was I had the capital to get something like that rolling.

WhiteWolf McBride
09-22-2011, 02:22 AM
MAN... they make most of the heavy chassis, like for the Rosenbauer 'Panther' fire trucks, the MAN military MILGL 5t 4x4, 7t 6x6 and 10t 8x8, and the Faun.

Now THAT would be a sweet hauler to see, and yea, I know RC4WD makes a cab, but only in 1/10 and 1/12, and AFV's 'kit' is a WHOLE kit, not parts (otherwise I'd slap one on my Robbe Panther chassis)

Then there is Oshkosk and their HEMTT workhorse... lots of variations there, including the almost-civvie TFFT.

Or a nice US Military/Civvie crossover, the US M35 series 6x's. Many are leaving US service, and getting Multifuel conversions. That would satisfy two R/C communities, and if done right, could give us a 6x6 chassis too!

Yea... wishful thinking... I still oogle ar Peter Mueller's 1/16 Faun SLT2-50 kit at times *whine*

WhiteWolf

fyrbuilder
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Oshkosh does make a civvie version of the TFFT....it is called the striker. The cab design is somewhat similar to the HEMTT, but they have done alot of changes and upgrades to change it to the Striker brand.

Now what would be neat in the cab arena as well is someone to come out with a good fire truck cab. I know quite a few people around in my area that would love one of these if they came out with it. I agree with the earlier posts....if I had the money I would definitely try making and selling them.