PDA

View Full Version : stats padding and the 30 post limit..

Pippoe
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I read this forum daily, yet I write few posts.. mainly because it's difficult to add useful posts with all the great builds in this forum.. and sometimes out of fear of being flamed because of my criticism (hasn't happened here yet, but I made that experience in two other truck forums so far..).

As a result, my post count is low and I can't see certain threads because of that. Nothing to be worried about as I will reach a 30 post count eventually..

Yet, recently I find myself clicking on updated threads eager to get some news about a build only to find out that some new member updated a year-old thread with a great comment like "wow, great build" etc.

So here's my question: does the 30-post limit really make sense? I could easily raise my post count with useless comments.. the number of posts still won't tell anything about my reliability in transactions..

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers

Pip

fhhhstix
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I do see your point and for the most part it does work for the intended purpose to keep scammer's from taking advantage of members. As mods we are able to catch on when some one starts padding with nonsense and I will go through their post and prune the ones that are completely unnecessary and send them a PM explaining why there post are disappearing. I will say that some times a short reply is given to a member that you are good friends with just to let them know you are following the progress of their build and you like what they are doing. As a new member if you read the whole thread and decide you need to reply then there should be some key points of the build that you should comment on and and take some time to write it out and let them know exactly what you like about it.

Travis

Pippoe
08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi,

sorry for not writing in the existing thread about the subject. I should search and read before starting a thread. :(

..and thanks for the answer and all the work you put into the forum. I wasn't aware that you moderators check the forum for useless posts, post padding and such to make sure the forum keeps clean. Wow! Could be/ Is certainly a time-consuming task. So: thanks a lot for your dedication!

Cheers

Pip