PDA

View Full Version : Broken Cell Phone..

Tamiya Cowboy
08-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Many of you guys have my cell number and I talk with several of you or text with you week in and week out.. But I have broken my cell phone and I can not read any texts it all and I am sick of the cell companys building crap phone that until I find the one I want I and not going to replace it.

So I have gotten many texts since last sunday and if you have texted me and I have not gotten back to you it is cause i can not read it so you will just have to give me a ring..:rolleyes:

Sorry guys Thanks Much..

CustomRCmodels
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Many of you guys have my cell number and I talk with several of you or text with you week in and week out.. But I have broken my cell phone and I can not read any texts it all and I am sick of the cell companys building crap phone that until I find the one I want I and not going to replace it.

So I have gotten many texts since last sunday and if you have texted me and I have not gotten back to you it is cause i can not read it so you will just have to give me a ring..:rolleyes:

Sorry guys Thanks Much..

Howdy Paul ,
Don’t remember what provider you use , but some offer online/web based texting or even the option to forward your received txt message to your email !
As for a new phone I would say a Blackberry or I-phone is probably the best choice for somebody like you ( combining work and private plus online / internet access )
I use a Blackberry at the moment ( even thought was shooting for an I-phone , but it’s a deal from work ) and so far it holds up good , and I do beat the crap out of these things ,
I mean I don’t only use them , I am abusing them , Lol .
Some of my buddy’s using I-phones seam to be all happy too .

Cossett
08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Now that sucks paul I use to go though phones every 2 years if they lasted that long, the last phone of mine that use to cop serious abuse was a Nokia 5210 outdoor it was dust proof, shock proof and water proof and since then there have been other phone with similar features and it ended up dieing from a build up of salt inside from being in my jersey pocket doing 500 kms -/+ a week cycling, not the work abuse it coped getting dropped off trailers or other ware house jobs i did, so you should be able to find a new mobile that will take a pounding it just depends what you want in a phone and how much looking your prepared to do and if you don't mind changing brands.......

Cheers Tracy

doodlebug
08-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey Paul, I do have an I-Phone in an "Otter Box" case. 18 month's and still working, that's as good as any of the Nokia's that I had in the past. http://www.otterbox.com/
Hope this help's!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

mazdaparts
08-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Something like that seems to happen to my phones near the end of the 2 year contract. Had a RAZR V3 it was an awesome phone. I beat the crap out of it literally. I knocked it off my belt clip from the top of our concrete stairs at work and watched bounce all the way down to the floor. I also knocked it off my belt clip getting out of the truck in the pouring rain. Found it 20 minutes later open and face up still pouring rain. It continued to work until 2 months left and the ear speaker went out. Had to make all calls on speaker phone.
I now have an Iphone 3gs. Got it as a refurb from AT&T for $19.99 figured I couldn't get hurt. I got the otterbox defender and so far its been a great phone. I was pretty skeptical about it for some reason at first but don't think I'd want anything else.

doodlebug
08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Something I forgot to add, My I-phone 3gs has seen asphalt 6 or 8 time's, no problem's!
Still like the OtterBox case.

Panther F
08-11-2011, 06:21 AM
My crappy LG from Verizon doesn't work inside certain buildings, which is very frustrating. :mad:

- Jeff

Tamiya Cowboy
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
It is funny how fast the Texts stopped after I posted this message..LOL Thanks for all the phone info guys and gal.. I had a blackberry up to 2 weeks ago and I got rid of the wife's and mine as I am sick of paying the extra 70 a month for them phones and it is my new one I broke.. I had a LG voyager then I got the blackberry and I wished I would of never got the the blackberry I just think it is dumb to pay 30 extra per phone to look at the net and get emails on my phone but that is just me.. Ok got to run and get back to work crazy crazy week thank the good lord it is almost done..

spudd
08-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Dang Paul i have to use that excuse next time some one asks if i got there text and i didn't really want to talk to them.good one LOL

ihbuilder
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I know what you mean Paul :eek: the best phone I had was the military grade from nextime . I had no problems with it till sprint bought them or partnered with them :confused: It finally wore out :( well My wife and I are thinking of dropping them asap Problem is , who is desent :confused:

scalelover
08-11-2011, 03:55 PM
The otter box is awesome, it was demonstrated to me by being thrown into a wall with his own phone in it and I was sold. my I-4 works great still and has meet pavement, wood, stairs, etc etc etc. I'm a mechanic by trade so it takes a beating anyway but the case has saved it.

--Dan

derailed
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
i sell phones
i do not recommend an iphone
i have to deal with soooooo many complaints about them
the 3g is ok,4g is terrible

Tamiya Cowboy
08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
i sell phones
i do not recommend an iphone
i have to deal with soooooo many complaints about them
the 3g is ok,4g is terrible

Great I know they dont make them anymore but I know there is new and rebuilt ones out there can you get the LG Voyager by chance..

spudd
08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
i have a iphone 4 and love it.i use it a ton for work not a problem with it

gun
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
What kinda blackberry did you have ? I have the torch and I've put it thru **** I've not had any trouble but my wife had the old blackberry and the mouse deal never did work on that pos and they sent her another one and it had the same prob! Any way good luck on the phone search !!

Tamiya Cowboy
08-12-2011, 06:44 PM
no my black berry works I am to dam cheep to pay the 30 dollar fee for the internet I broke my new phone already.

gun
08-12-2011, 07:21 PM
so no phone for now ?

Tamiya Cowboy
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
no I can call and get calls just cant text or seee who is calling.

mazdaparts
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
TMobile has a plan for like $50 for unlimited everything when you do 2 lines. At least I think that is what the commercial said. Data plan does suck for the iphone but I have a Ford employee plan so I save 18% on my service from AT&T.

Cossett
08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi Paul, the best thing to do is find the phone that best suits you and what your going to use it for then shop around for the best price/deal and yes the apple phones are good with there apps (not my thing as I don't need all the apps) but if you don't want/need them there are other phones out there..............

Cheers Tracy

doodlebug
08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
There's alway's "Cricket" http://www.mycricket.com/ My neighbor just bought one of there clone phone's. I still like AT&T, had better luck, than with Verizon.

Dreamweaver
08-13-2011, 12:36 PM
no I can call and get calls just cant text or seee who is calling.

Cool so that means if I call ya know you will actually answer the phone cause ya can't see it's me...:D:D:D

~Mike~