PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a sad day for me.

Brian in PA
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Well I finally sold my yellow Pete with the flatbed. Most of you know this was the truck that got me so involved in the hobby. I really learned a lot from building it. The gentleman who bought it from me is a local guy who has a pretty large excavation business and collects toy trucks. this is his first RC and he was very impressed with the function and details of the trucks. I am going to send him a link to the site and see if I cant get him involved too.

Brian

Claus
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Brian, I have always loved that truck. What made you sell it? How about some parting shots?

CrimsonCorsair
08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
There are some shots of it in the photos I took at Indy. I have some video of it I will post too - later.

9W Monighan
08-21-2011, 10:43 PM
I thought you told me you just sold the trailer Brian. I guess Rick will have fun with that rig.

Cossett
08-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Brian, that's a shame but the good news is it staying local and will enjoy it's new owner............
Would you be able to post a pic for those who haven't seen it please ????

Cheers Tracy

Espeefan
08-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Brian, it was a nice truck, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but it doesn't hold a candle to your later trucks. While you should still be proud of your first, you should definitely look forward to the next. It's natural to build and rebuild later, as the skill levels increase, or to let one or two go for the sake of a new and better project. I always feel bad selling off a model I've built too, but it frees up funds for the next better and bigger project, and I get over it. In the end, all these models are just a past time to occupy ourselves with from time to time, and they are material. There are greater things in life to be concerned with.

Izzy
08-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Brian - I feel your pain of the parting - but if you get him involved then you will see it again.

Chris

Smokin Joe
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Brian, a small part of you will always be in that rig.

And the memories you have can never be sold. Joe

Brian in PA
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Brian, I have always loved that truck. What made you sell it? How about some parting shots?
I was just kinda tired of it. Since I built the dump my interest has been with it.
There are some shots of it in the photos I took at Indy. I have some video of it I will post too - later.

Thanks for getting some.

I thought you told me you just sold the trailer Brian. I guess Rick will have fun with that rig.

No, I sold the whole thing ready to run. I'm sure He'll have fun with it, I got to get him to some of the meets!

Hi Brian, that's a shame but the good news is it staying local and will enjoy it's new owner............
Would you be able to post a pic for those who haven't seen it please ????

Cheers Tracy

I'll get a pic up for ya!

Brian, it was a nice truck, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but it doesn't hold a candle to your later trucks. While you should still be proud of your first, you should definitely look forward to the next. It's natural to build and rebuild later, as the skill levels increase, or to let one or two go for the sake of a new and better project. I always feel bad selling off a model I've built too, but it frees up funds for the next better and bigger project, and I get over it. In the end, all these models are just a past time to occupy ourselves with from time to time, and they are material. There are greater things in life to be concerned with.
Thanks Nathan! That is so true.

Brian - I feel your pain of the parting - but if you get him involved then you will see it again.

Chris
Ya hopefully!

Brian, a small part of you will always be in that rig.

And the memories you have can never be sold. Joe

Yes that is so true.

Brian in PA
08-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Here is a pic for you Tracy.

Thanks for looking

Brian
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/Briansmitsky/002-9.jpg

jtgrff
09-02-2011, 03:26 PM
It is a great looking truck.

REEVE2007
09-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Man i wish i'd of known it was for sale...you did a awesome job building it...