PDA

View Full Version : Ok, It's been long enough.

Bigrigger
08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I should have made this thread a while ago, but progress was slow, and they were very minor mods. So I was putting in a 4:1 but I couldn't fit it and the MFU in at the same time, and I figured that out after I butchered my cab mount platform.:mad: Also sprayed the windows outside and upside down, and when it got cold and I had to bring it in, I found that the paint had pooled at the top of the cab and leaked out into and onto the lights and horns!:mad: I also got spots of wet paint on my hood. So when I wiped them off the paint on the hood came off too!:mad: So now because of my bonehead move I have to repaint the cab, clean the horns and lights, and maybe even get new ones!:mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::mad: So besides that it's going good. Except with school starting tomorrow, I don't now if I'll have time to finish!:(:mad: Keep me posted.

-Trucker:mad::o

A32Limited
08-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Ouch, that doesn't sound very good...What're your ideas for a paint job on it?

And what kind of truck do you have, anyways? Good luck.

SonoranWraith
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
There are always set backs. Keep at it and you will have the truck you want.

Izzy
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
we all have lessens to learn ..... I know from experience - some we need to learn twice.... Keep at it - it will turn out.....

Thorsteenster
08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Ha, reminds me of something I was painting a few years back. Don't remember what it was but had a nice multi color paint job going and was laying down some yellow. Holding it in my hand standing outback it slipped and as I to catch it I smacked it into my leg. So I ruined a good pair of jeans and had a material patern all over half of the, oh yeah, it was a heli canopy.
Cheers, sometimes it turns out like that, at least for me.
:D

Hockeydad
08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
I feel your pain, I have cab that I have been working on and off of for a few years. It was almost done except for a couple of minor details. I set it on top of a cabinet to keep it safe....yup, you guessed it, I knocked it off and it dropped about 5 feet to the concrete floor. I just about cried. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I completely re-did the sleeper that was nearly cracked in half and I like this result better than the previous one that was almost done.

Bigrigger
08-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Ouch, that doesn't sound very good...What're your ideas for a paint job on it?

And what kind of truck do you have, anyways? Good luck.

Yeah, It's mostly inside the lights , so at least I won't have any paint that I need come off when I clean it. I already painted it...black. If you knew me there wouldn't be any other color.:D Not goth or anything, just love black.:D

It is a King Hauler.

I guess I'll clean out the lights and get some more paint tomorrow hopefully.
On the bright side, the windows look great! lol:o And sorry about the lack of pic's. I'm hiding my shame.:( ;) I'll get pic's up when it's done!
Until then...

Trucker, over and out! :D

Espeefan
09-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I feel your pain. I think we've all been there. I had a perfectly painted body one time too. Had it sitting on a block of wood, or a milk jug. I don't remember, but I left it outside to dry on a summer day, feeling pretty good that the paint turned out nice. I've never been to good with paint jobs. Anyway, I came back to check on the body and found it was laying in the dirt. There was a light wind that day and I guess the wind blew it off the make-shift stand, and it fell into the dirt. Never again! :D

Juganought
09-01-2010, 06:15 AM
My main problem is impatience, I must have built and dismantled one truck about four times. I now take my time when building, often sitting and looking at it for days before putting on another bit..Lol. I have finally finished one (Still have to paint the cab) done all the test's and she is perfect:)

IDontKnow
09-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeh, I think we have all experienced the pain of a messed up pait job.
Mine was on the table under the patio with newsprint taped to the table.
Painting went fine, went inside to have a cuppa, wind came up and tore the tape up and nicely laid the newsprint over the bonnet of the body. Well I suppose the driver could read the paper whilst driving??? No ???? It was out with the wet and dry and start again!

tc1cat
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I feel your pain!!!! I painted and sanded off the paint on my Bud truck 4 times in less than 5 days before I got a finish I could live with. Mainly problems with trying to put a clear coat on it. Partially to blame on a bad rattle can nozzle and lack of patience on my part.
You wil eventially get it where you can enjoy it and be proud of your accomplishment.

Diesel Demond
09-02-2010, 06:14 PM
get er done! nooowwww

Bigrigger
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I feel your pain!!!! I painted and sanded off the paint on my Bud truck 4 times in less than 5 days before I got a finish I could live with. Mainly problems with trying to put a clear coat on it. Partially to blame on a bad rattle can nozzle and lack of patience on my part.
You wil eventially get it where you can enjoy it and be proud of your accomplishment.

Clear coat?.............. Am I supposed to put a layer of clear paint on too? Does it prevent the paint from coming off that easily?