PDA

View Full Version : Throwing in the towel

firefighter-1177
08-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Well I've decided to throw in the towel on my rig. I've been out of the loop for about 3 months now(due to lack of internet) and in that time I've realized I just don't have the time for it. I've been sitting on a truck in parts for over 3 years now and have yet to show any real progress. My work keeps me out of town a lot so when I'm home I'm usually too busy to even look at my truck. I had to choose between the model trucking and my HO scale railroad and the railroad won.

I'll still be around the board, I like seeing the work all you guys are doing. And who knows if something changes I may get another truck. I may be posting my rig(or parts) for sale next weekend, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Not really sure what its worth. And I will also post some shots of my train eventually.

So I'd like to thank you all for the help and inspiration. I look forward to watching your builds.
Ken.s

sneaky-pete
08-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Don't throw in the towel......just come back to it when you gain interest in it again.It could be a month,or it could be a year!

One thing I have learned is to never get rid of something that you love to do,
then loose interest in.It will come back to you when you have the time,
and patience.

Claus
08-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Unless you really need the money I would hang on to your truck. I recently sold my King Hauler, I had lots of extra parts, after market aluminum and factory Tamiya, I named my price and sold it cheap, no regrets, it helped another forum member get a good start and me move on my Wedico. I have a Wedico so I knew I was done with my Tamiya but if I ever wanted another King Hauler it would cost me way too much to get back what I let go of. At least really think about it before you sell it.

Dreamweaver
08-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Ken Troy is right.. Just because you have lost interest in it now don't mean one of these days you will not get it back... Look at it like this, You own the stuff so it's not like you will be saving money by getting rid of it. If you have the room then just store it till ya have the bug again... That is exactly what I did with my HO train stuff. I have about $18,000 in engines and cars sitting in boxes in my basement. 40+ engines and 200+ cars. Sure I could use the money from selling them both for my bills and for building my truck but I know one of these days I will want them back because I still am fascinated by trains both real and toy.

If I sell them all now then I will have to spend the money on them again later. So unless there is a reason to get rid of it... Don't

~Mike~

rcman
08-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I a agree. Unless you really need the cash I would not sell it either. I have every rc vehicle I ever bought. Never have wanted to sell them. I build them on and off. When I have time I pull them out charge the batteries and go. Then when I get busy I shelf them and wait until the next time I have time to mess with them...