PDA

View Full Version : Fordson Snow Machine - 1929 Concept

Straywolf
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
This machine is just too cool enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjlSJf4274&feature=related

fhhhstix
09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
That's pretty cool but I would bet it was an expensive option for its day. I really liked the part about 1/3 of the way through where the show it is better than a horse. Could you imagine an advertisement today with a man beating on a horse like that.

Travis

Straywolf
09-21-2011, 10:40 PM
That's pretty cool but I would bet it was an expensive option for its day. I really liked the part about 1/3 of the way through where the show it is better than a horse. Could you imagine an advertisement today with a man beating on a horse like that.

Travis

I know if someone was to use something like that in a demo or commercial today, talk about an uproar. The tractor itself could be the F model.

Fordson Model F

The first Fordson Model F was completed in 1916 and was the first small, lightweight, mass-produced, affordable tractor in the world, making it possible for the average farmer to own a tractor for the first time. Thus Henry Ford and colleagues had done again, for the tractor, what they had recently done for the automobile with the Ford Model T. The Fordson tractor went into mass production in 1917 and debuted for sale on October 8, 1917, for $750. The original Fordson used a 20 horsepower, four-cylinder vaporising oil engine, a three-speed spur gear transmission (the three forward speeds ranged from approximately 2¼ to 6¼ mph), and a worm gear reduction set in the differential.

Ken Orme
09-22-2011, 12:04 AM
I have seen pictures of snow machine but thuis is the first video. That was a wild machine.

Can you imagine what the horse was saying to the rider.

Ken

Straywolf
09-22-2011, 08:15 AM
I have seen pictures of snow machine but thuis is the first video. That was a wild machine.

Can you imagine what the horse was saying to the rider.

Ken

Neigh? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

td9clyde
09-22-2011, 05:14 PM
that was cool i wonder what the spiral tubes was made from? hmmmmmm i think that would be a cool ride in a car or a truck now days

Espeefan
09-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Pretty neat, considering the year it was built. I'm always amazed at what people were building and designing back in the day, with less then technology. It seems like they created far greater inventions then we do now.

Straywolf
09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
It seems that the original idea may have not been a waste here is a machine that uses the screw drive concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNw2Fon1Ko