PDA

View Full Version : need help on a bruder dump truck rolling chassis

SuperDutyScaler
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
my five year old son has been bugging me for almost a year now after i bought my king hauler to get his own truck. So i just found someone whos trying to sell a rolling chassis that has a front king axle and the rear drives, and a bronze bearing transmission no motor and it has a bruder mack dump truck body on it not mounted. Since christmas is a few months away i figure i can get it now for the right price of course, get a cheap motor and esc somewhere, try to find a cheap used 4channel remote and get it together by Christmas day for him. So what should i offer the guy without makeing him mad? He said no lowballers because "we" know how much these trucks are worth?

BRICKNICK
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Scaler I got my kh rtr including controler and servos, for $300, granted it needed a lil elbow grease cause it was built 15 years ago, but it ran and has the light kit in it also. My brother got his same way minus the controller for $325. So I dunno the deals are out there. I have a guy that wants $350 for his kh rtr minus controller with fmu, I'm trying to get the extra cash for it now.

SuperDutyScaler
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
some pics i got of it
http://i56.tinypic.com/np0s2d.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/do5b3s.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/250332e.jpg

Claus
09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Just my opinion but I always thought a Bruder Mack looked better with Wedico scale parts than Tamiya, the Tamiya parts looks too large to me. But then again I love SmallHaul's tuck.

SuperDutyScaler
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
well we made a deal! I paid $265 with shipping, now it needs a 55T motor, 6tooth pinion gear, driveshaft, 4channel remote, esc, some modding, etc, etc, etc, the list never stops huh?

Claus
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Are you keeping the plastic dump bed or going with something more custom? Will be watching.

Cossett
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Hey Clause you have a good point there but a running Tamiya chassis is half the price of the Wedico one, a PMD Mack Bruder tractor truck Kit is $885.00ish and for that you get the basic chassis 2speed box if I'm right not a ladder chassis witch I would prefer....but than again is a five year old going to notice the difference and for a first rig does it matter as I'm sure it will get the love only a 5 year old could give it and the repair cost is alot cheaper.....
Just my 2 cents....

Cheers Tracy

Claus
09-29-2011, 12:34 PM
All good points Cossettte, I guess I just like things looking scale. Wish there was more done in Mack. Don't think I would buy a 5 year old any of this hobby grade RC stuff anyways, but again that's just me.

SuperDutyScaler
09-29-2011, 01:34 PM
yea i wasnt paying $900 for the wedico anyways, and i personally had a bad expirence with PMD so... but my son has been driving my r/c trucks since he was three outside on the driveway. So i trust him with my rigs and my F350 r/c trucks. plus i've never seen a bruder truck so i dont know if there is a interior or not, plus i have a brand new RC4WD single speed heavy duty R2 transmission i never used that im probally going to put in this truck. This way all i need is a 2 channel controller and a 55 turn with a 6tooth to make this dump truck nice and slow. Plus i can sell the 3speed transmission for a little money to pay for the other parts im going to need.

SuperDutyScaler
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
and claus i dont know about the bed yet, right now im gonna cut them ugly yellow fender off the bottom of the dump, and i might make a different sub frame to get rid of that grey plastic subframe

Espeefan
09-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Good choice on the truck. Seems like a fair deal. Boy, if only I had trucks like these when I was 5! Kids these days have it made! Ha ha. But really, these trucks aren't all that fast, and if your son is good behind the wheel, I don't think he can wreck to much. The Bruder cabs are pretty tough, and cheap. If you keep the details to a minimum, I think it's going to be a fun truck for him, and you won't have to worry about it being destroyed.

SuperDutyScaler
09-29-2011, 03:03 PM
i finally painted my king hauler last weekend and got all the mirriors, etc on it and i had him driving it yesterday and he asked again for his own. So this christmas will be a good one for him. Only thing is the guy doesnt have the bruder steps and air tanks, fuel tanks so i need to find them somewhere now.

BRICKNICK
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
There is a new "smart toys" toy store in freehold nj that sells all kinds of bruder including the dump and cement truck, and the dump truck with the beaver tail trailer with bobcat, excavator bobcat and front end loader. I think the the bruder truck alone is $65 and with trailer and bobcat its $99

Espeefan
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I noticed these Bruder models aren't all that cheap, for being 100% plastic toys. Their detail is not bad, but $65 for a truck is still kind of high. Tonka and Nylint used to make stamped steel semi trucks that were pretty nice, back when I was a kid, but maybe it's the Euro that makes the Bruder models less affordable for us Americans.

JensR
10-05-2011, 09:34 PM
The Bruder Mack dump truck costs 35 Euros in Europe.
That converts to 47 USD.
65 USD is a bit steep but to be expected - we pay fthrough the nose for US stuff.
Compare that cost to getting a Tamiya cab and chrome parts.

Espeefan
10-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Of course the Tamiya cabs are more espensive, but they don't snap together at the factory, like Bruders, making it darn near impossible to disassemble them again, without destroying the locking tabs. Been there, done that. Evening being very, very careful, I still broke one tab. It's amazing how they design them to lock together, but I'd rather have a screw together cab. Question is would you rather have a King Hauler, or a genuine Mack.

SuperDutyScaler
10-26-2011, 08:17 PM
ok instead of starting another post ill just continue. Since my king/kenworth is finished i started on my sons bruder tonight. ive been looking at this rolling chassis for an hour, i have a few idea on how to cut the frame so the flip hood will work but then i have to either cut the leaf springs REAL short or use a four link in the front end which i dont want to do. i tried searching for bruder builds but all i find is skid steers, track hoes, etc? So im really asking for some pictures of how you guys mounted your cabs to a tamiya semi frame?

Claus
10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Read this one, Scott's is a very nice truck.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=495