PDA

View Full Version : RC4wd Exavator...Test Vids

MACK Daddy
10-16-2011, 11:57 PM
After messing around with Rod's (Stepsides) wedico excavator I started wondering about RC4WD's 4200 Excavator and found these vids, which I have not seen posted on here just yet and found them interested

Strength Test

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pi0ugUjo-po

Digging Test

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPvIpmOu_Zc

Any thoughts?

Alfy

scalelover
10-17-2011, 01:04 AM
if their running same battery setup then that is pretty amazing that it outperforms it 2 to 1 Like he says not as pretty but Id say performance outweighs a little bit of detail that could always be added to it.

--Dan

rockNmayhem
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
That RC4WD excavator is looking very promising in strength more and more but I'm wondering how long it will hold up. That is the main concern on the electronics system. If you really wanna know some info on it talk to joe (lil giants) on here and he has one that has been run the way it should be. :D

Tyler

MACK Daddy
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
@ Tyler

I have seen his thread and kept a close eye on it as well

Only time will tell if infact the 4200 will hold up....You do have to admit, theres plenty of pros to this rig as opposed to its cons :confused:

Pros
Great Price
Availability of supplier within the US
Company has outstanding customer support(speaking from experience)
Not as scale as a wedico (this could be either or)

Cons
It's not a wedico and has no history of its product..Although, wedico has had it's share of issues with their rigs in the past

We shall see...So far, I am thinking I just might dive in

Alfy

rockNmayhem
10-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Alfy I'm agreeing with it all, the scale factor isn't a major deal cuz we all have to admit we like to build so it gives us something to do. :D

I'm thinking a christmas gift to myself or an end of the year bonus for myself this year lol. :rolleyes:

Give me a hollar if you're gonna get one.

Tyler

@ Tyler

I have seen his thread and kept a close eye on it as well

Only time will tell if infact the 4200 will hold up....You do have to admit, theres plenty of pros to this rig as opposed to its cons :confused:

Pros
Great Price
Availability of supplier within the US
Company has outstanding customer support(speaking from experience)
Not as scale as a wedico (this could be either or)

Cons
It's not a wedico and has no history of its product..Although, wedico has had it's share of issues with their rigs in the past

We shall see...So far, I am thinking I just might dive in

Alfy

Espeefan
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Gezz, no comparison on the actual performance! That's pretty crazy. I love the detail on the Wedico model, but I have always been more of a 'form follows function' kind of guy. If you can't have both, then go for the function. I had no idea the 4200 would out perform the Wedico that much. But then I wonder how much pressure each model is running. You can always turn the pumps up on either. Or upgrade hydraulic components, but then at the cost of the Wedico model you shouldn't have to.

Claus
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Nathan you should buy one and then build a heavy haul Peterbilt to drag it around, oh wait....

Espeefan
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I would like that. I don't have a heavy hauler yet. Just parts that kind of look like a truck.

Bsorenson79
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow! Looks can deffinitely be deceiving. Just from a looks stand point you would think the Cat would run away with it.

doodlebug
10-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Talk to LilGiants Joe, he has one.

Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.